collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: National reciprocity  (Read 3119 times)

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
National reciprocity
« on: November 29, 2017, 09:22:01 PM »
National reciprocity for concealed carry passed the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday is expected to receive a floor vote before the end of the year.
The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 was introduced by Rep. Richard Hudson (R-NC) on January 3, 2017. It changes federal law that so concealed carry permits are treated like driver’s licenses, making a permit from one state valid in the other 49. This would fix the complicated and often confusing patchwork of concealed carry laws currently in effect throughout the country.

To put it simply, Hudson’s bill allows the common man to defend himself and his family as he travels throughout this country.

On November 28 Breitbart News reported that Hudson’s legislation was scheduled for a markup in the House Judiciary Committee and the markup would serve as the last stop before a floor vote.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/29/national-reciprocity-concealed-carry-passes-next-stop-house-floor/

Offline Cab

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
Re: National reciprocity
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 04:02:07 PM »
This is a great bill but would this also apply to places like Portland that have their own rules/laws about CCW? would love this to pass!

Offline optic2

• Scout
  • Groups: 2AF, FPC, GOA, BHA, RMEF
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 04:18:40 PM »
This is a great bill but would this also apply to places like Portland that have their own rules/laws about CCW? would love this to pass!

It would basically work the same as if you had an Oregon CCW. So if Oregon state law says Portland can make it's own rules, then you would have to follow them. Luckily here in WA only the state can make firearms laws.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 05:18:51 PM »
My son lives in Salem Oregon and told me he was going to apply for a Washington State CWP. I told him he couldn't do that, since he lives in another state. Sure as you know what, you can. Oregon doesn't recognize Washington State CWP's, something is wrong..
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 06:01:46 PM »
My son lives in Salem Oregon and told me he was going to apply for a Washington State CWP. I told him he couldn't do that, since he lives in another state. Sure as you know what, you can. Oregon doesn't recognize Washington State CWP's, something is wrong..

Tell him to get Utah CWP

OR doesn't recognize UT

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 06:35:54 AM »

Portland doesn't have specific regulations regarding CCW. Your OR CCW is the only regulation. However, I do believe that some cities do have ordinances, like Chicago (where they've worked so well in reducing gun violence), D.C. (another shining example of how well gun control affects crime), and NYC. If the reciprocity were passed by Congress (and it likely never will), You would be good to carry everywhere concealed. However, that doesn't mean you wouldn't have to follow magazine capacity or other restrictions from state-to-state.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Cab

• Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 12:28:50 PM »

Portland doesn't have specific regulations regarding CCW. Your OR CCW is the only regulation. However, I do believe that some cities do have ordinances, like Chicago (where they've worked so well in reducing gun violence), D.C. (another shining example of how well gun control affects crime), and NYC. If the reciprocity were passed by Congress (and it likely never will), You would be good to carry everywhere concealed. However, that doesn't mean you wouldn't have to follow magazine capacity or other restrictions from state-to-state.

I think we need to talk more about this over a drink pianoman  :tup:

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 12:59:28 PM »
Would it apply to places like NYC where they officially have permits but they aren't available to the average guy?

I have three right now and managing renewals is not the easiest job.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 01:00:59 PM »

I think we need to talk more about this over a drink pianoman  :tup:

We have many things to discuss. It may take many drinks.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline csaaphill

• Anti Hunters are weird animals.
  • Old Salt
  • Hunting is non-negotiable it's what I do!
  • Groups: G.O.A., Rocky Mountain ELk Foundation
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2017, 12:13:52 AM »
This would of been good if it would pass. after Las Vegas and Texas most lately it wont more likely.
"When my bow falls, so shall the world. When me heart ceases to pump blood to my body, it will all come crashing down. As a hunter, we are bound by duty, nay, bound by our very soul to this world. When a hunter dies we feel it, we sense it, and the world trembles with sorrow. When I die, so shall the world, from the shock of loosing such a great part of ones soul." Ezekiel, Okeanos Hunter

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 03:15:37 PM »
In a Facebook post, Massie says the “Fix-NICS” bill would allow “agencies, not just courts, to adjudicate your second amendment rights.”

Massie, the Chairman of the Second Amendment Caucus, says the bill will advance former President Obama’s gun control agenda, adding that the Senate’s bill will send $625 million over five years to states to expand the national background check database. Massie says the House bill will also commission a study on bump stocks.

“[“Fix-NICS”] encourages administrative agencies, not the courts, to submit more names to a national database that will determine whether you can or can’t obtain a firearm,” Massie wrote. “When President Obama couldn’t get Congress to pass gun control, he implemented a strategy of compelling, through administrative rules, the Veterans Administration and the Social Security Administration to submit lists of veterans and seniors, many of whom never had a day in court, to be included in the NICS database of people prohibited from owning a firearm.”

Massie continued, “Only a state court, a federal (article III) court, or a military court, should ever be able to suspend your rights for any significant period of time.”

Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer are cosponsors of the Senate bill.

Massie says the bills should be voted on separately if the House does not change the flawed Fix-NICS bill.

“If our House leadership insists on bringing the flawed Fix-NICS bill to the floor, they shouldn’t play games,” he said. “We should vote separately on HR 38, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill, and HR 4477, the Fix-NICS bill. And we should be given enough time to amend the Fix-NICS bill, because it needs to be fixed, if not axed.”

The National Rifle Association (NRA), who has endorsed both bills, has criticized Massie for “spreading misinformation” and called his claims “incorrect.” The NRA insists the H.R. 4477 has been through a “very thorough and public markup session of its own” and argues that each bill has enough votes to pass on its own.

But other gun rights groups disagree.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 03:18:19 PM »
I have some pretty mixed feeling on these bills. I think the feds have too much power as it is, but would like to see people able to carry across state lines easier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Confucius

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2017, 04:41:59 PM »
I wonder how that would work if administrative judges were nixed?

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2017, 05:39:11 PM »
HR 38 was passed by the house today.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal