collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Nisqually Pigs  (Read 2617 times)

Offline sakoshooter

• WFW Board of Directors
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Life Memberr NRA, Life Member Sumner Sportsmans Association
Nisqually Pigs
« on: December 23, 2017, 07:50:45 PM »
I hate to come on here this seldom and rant but I have to admit that I'm really getting tired of the trash left behind. Today was no different. I picked up most of it. Sickening. Slob hunters to say the least. I hope someone on here will pass this along to the people they know that hunt Nisqually.
Leaving ducks behind for whatever reason is also pretty bad.
Also, the 25 shell limit is exceeded by a few every weekend by way too far. There's a reason there's a limit folks. If you have to be careful with your shots because of the 25 shell limit, you might not sky bust every duck that comes within a half mile. Plus this unethical shooting negatively affects everyone elese's hunting.
Rhinelander, WI
Home of the Hodag

Offline biggfish

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA
Re: Nisqually Pigs
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 09:26:39 PM »
I hate trash left behind as much as the next guy, but it saved my bacon once when I slipped in the water. There were so many shell boxes left behind I was able to burn them, dry off and warmed up. I stopped complaining about picking them up but it's still no excuse for littering.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Now then, get your equipment—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.  Gen. 27:3

Offline Blacktail135

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 10:55:08 PM »
Todays duck hunters are slobs. I see it EVERYDAY! I own 50ac. next to public hunting. Skybusting, overlimit, trash floating in to my place, trespassing, shooting from road, etc. Todays "ducking hunting" is ALL about numbers and Facebook likes. Whackem, stackem, flies it dies, brown its down, doing it dirty. Thankyou social media and lack of Dads. If you spawn'em teach'em.

Offline fethrduster

• Scout
    • Mark Larson Gun Art
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 06:03:55 AM »
Todays duck hunters are slobs. I see it EVERYDAY! I own 50ac. next to public hunting. Skybusting, overlimit, trash floating in to my place, trespassing, shooting from road, etc. Todays "ducking hunting" is ALL about numbers and Facebook likes. Whackem, stackem, flies it dies, brown its down, doing it dirty. Thankyou social media and lack of Dads. If you spawn'em teach'em.

Agreed.  This is one of the reasons I got out of waterfowling for a long time and just focused on upland hunting.  I'm getting back into it, but still not nearly as much as I used to. 

Offline npaull

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 07:32:23 AM »
How gross.

ONE slob hunter is worse than about 10,000 anti-hunters in the damage they do to the rest of us.

Offline constructeur

• Hunter
  • Groups: NAVHDA
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 04:24:01 PM »

Agreed.  This is one of the reasons I got out of waterfowling for a long time and just focused on upland hunting.  I'm getting back into it, but still not nearly as much as I used to.

Mark, I find it just as easy to find shotshells, mattresses, etc. in Ewa when Upland hunting as I see when duck hunting. Just my experience.

Online MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2017, 04:49:57 PM »
It’s everywhere
Slobs
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline bod

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2017, 06:39:59 PM »
Wow by the title I thought you got into big mallards, you will never get away from it in western Wa.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal