collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW needs your help  (Read 6632 times)

Offline Eric M

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: WDFW needs your help
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2017, 10:47:56 PM »
Yeah, you guys are probably right.  The WDFW should just assume someone lost them out of the back of their truck and drop the whole thing, like they did when I lost an elk out of the back of my pickup.  Same thing, elk, ducks, whatever...they can't do anything right anyhow.
I guess I don't like that it's just assumed some wrong was done. Maybe i should start thinking the worst about people like everyone else.

:yeah: Is it innocent until proven guilty or guilty until proven innocent? I guess I forget sometimes and the government said something is wrong, so they must be right. Keep drinking WDFW's koolaid boys and we won't be hunting or fishing before you know it.

It is wastage.  That doesn't mean a law was broken.  They are investigating it, which is their job.  If they find that the game was "recklessly" wasted, they can charge the offending party.  They are doing their job. 

Now, if they just dropped it, I am sure there would be plenty of outcry that they aren't doing their job and investigating this clear wastage case. 

I don't see the notice saying "There is a criminal out there, and we need your help to get him".  They are trying to solve a wastage case.  It is game wastage.   It may not be in violation, but it is game wastage.  If you can't help them, just forget about it instead of speculating that Big Brother is out to get you.
It just sounded strange to me that someone would take a couple dozen ducks and drop them off in a bag by the side of the road. Others have speculated that someone probably got drunk and didn't want to deal with them. I speculated that someone might have lost them accidentally. I'm not saying they should say anything one way or another. That many ducks sounds like more than one guy hunting.if my opinions bothered anyone it wasn't my intent.

Online Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
    • Washington State Trappers Association
  • Groups: WSTA, NTA, FTA, OTA, WWC, WFW, NRA
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2017, 11:16:59 PM »
I know if I accidentally lost them I would be back looking for them. To say oh they must have just fell off the tailgate seems pretty thin to me.
Bruce Vandervort

Offline Calvin Rayborn

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, ATA Gold-Card Life Member
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2017, 12:58:36 PM »
Yeah, you guys are probably right.  The WDFW should just assume someone lost them out of the back of their truck and drop the whole thing, like they did when I lost an elk out of the back of my pickup.  Same thing, elk, ducks, whatever...they can't do anything right anyhow.

Maybe they should hire a "multidisciplinary action team," including local shamans,  environmental "experts," and psychic profilers at  $425000 a head to diligently work though the thousands of "variables" and  decipher the inner spiritual meaning of this heinous crime!  :tup:

Offline Curly

• Legend
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2017, 01:34:07 PM »
Of the 2 smaller birds, one is definitely a drake green wing real. The other looks like a hen Pintail but could be a hen teal.

Anyway, whoever it was had a lot of shooting. I wish I could get that much shooting.  I hope they get to the bottom of it.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline Curly

• Legend
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2017, 01:41:04 PM »
One odd thing about where the bags of ducks were found.............isn't that right next to the WDFW office?  :dunno: 
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2017, 02:11:52 PM »
Boy, some of you guys really go after one another at the drop of a hat. No wonder we can't get anything done to combat the antis.  All they have to do is just sit back and watch us tear each other apart.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2017, 06:52:52 PM »
Boy, some of you guys really go after one another at the drop of a hat. No wonder we can't get anything done to combat the antis.  All they have to do is just sit back and watch us tear each other apart.

Lots of things “we” can’t get done together. I will say this. The anti’s come together a hell of a lot better than “we” do.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2017, 07:03:32 PM »
You both have a good point. I'll admit my comment about the perp probably being lazy/a drunkard was pure speculation.  I don't know what happened - but I am still glad it's being looked into.  Hopefully some light is shed on this wastage.
KABOOM Count - 1

"The ocean is calling, and I must go."

Offline sakoshooter

• WFW Board of Directors
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Life Memberr NRA, Life Member Sumner Sportsmans Association
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2017, 08:31:05 PM »
Damn shame no matter how it happened.
Rhinelander, WI
Home of the Hodag

Offline Huntboy

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2017, 08:52:46 PM »

Lots of things “we” can’t get done together. I will say this. The anti’s come together a hell of a lot better than “we” do.
[/quote]

:yeah:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Offline constructeur

• Hunter
  • Groups: NAVHDA
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2017, 10:03:31 AM »

How many hunters are capable enough to at least attempt to be retrospective and try to understand why that is?

Offline LndShrk

• Cnut the Great
  • Scout
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2017, 10:17:01 AM »
When they refer to the "Turnout" and being dumped I have to wonder if they are talking about the WDFW building that is right there..

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2017, 10:28:51 AM »
When they refer to the "Turnout" and being dumped I have to wonder if they are talking about the WDFW building that is right there..
A couple of years ago I found a spot in the woods with a deer capped and dumped and a bunch of ducks dumped.  I called WDFW and reported.  They took down the information and seemed interested.  Forward a few years and I found out that it was a common spot for a WDFW LEO to go dump seized animals and roadkill.

Offline Hi-Liter

• Sourdough
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2018, 07:46:31 PM »
A few years back I was driving home from work go over a bridge that is located on a local creek. I saw approximately 10 dead ducks and geese laying in the creek, it was a mixture of Canada geese, mallards and likely widgeon. They were not breasted or gutted out. I reported it to wdfw and met an officer and showed her pictures of where the birds were. She could have cared less in my opinion because the birds remained in the creek for at least 2 more weeks likely critters fed on them. I know it’s hard to prove but wdfw should removed them. This is interesting article  because it’s been on local news channel like wdfw really cares now

Offline T-Bone

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2018, 07:15:58 AM »
My guess is shot and dumped. Years ago, on another forum, an avid waterfowl hunter reported finding a large box of unprocessed ducks dumped in the marsh near Potholes. Over my waterfowl hunting time in WA, I've run into a significant number of duck hunters who love to hunt ducks, but not eat them. Those that don't pop up with the "gave them to my hunting partner" excuse; became evasive about what happened to their harvest.

Sadly, all those ducks in the story are good eating ducks. Unfortunately, many over cook their ducks and turn them into "stinky liver" and thus, they are turned off to eating them. Also, sadly since moving to E.WA, I've encountered numerous hunters who never eat anything from deer to ducks to quail to pheasants that they shoot. "I ate so much of that growing up...that I can't stand it..."  My 80 some year old neighbor feels the (social?) need to harvest a buck nearly every year, but never eats it. In his case, he does give the deer to a friend to eat.
" America will never be destroyed from outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by HntnFsh
[Today at 02:12:56 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw