collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: More blood and guts  (Read 52799 times)

Offline meatwhack

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: More blood and guts
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2018, 07:22:58 PM »
How about we all just self identify as natives.

Offline W_Ellison2011

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2018, 07:33:48 PM »
Whats really sad to me.. is my Father, who is completely against what we have seen tribal members do in our hunting grounds, is now doing a dna test to see how much "native" we have in us so that he might be able to claim something and be able to hunt like they do. He has all but given up on trying to hunt the way our WDF&Wolves wants us to. There is only so many times you can be driving in the hills during early archery season and see 3-4 tribal members jump out of vans/trucks with rifles and drop 8-10 deer then only take backstraps and hindquarters before you either give up or snap. We have seen it 2 times and found multiple other kill sites. Elk are almost non existent in the woods I grew up hunting with my father, south rainer GMU 513. You can drive down into packwood and see the elk but up in 513 if you see 1 elk in a year you are doing pretty dang good! Its very sad that our state has come to this point. Both from poachers and tribal members abusing the rights given to them by our liberal government. hell I have been laughed at up in the white river unit by tribal members while they were gutting a bull elk that they shot in the middle of the road! I have been putting in for that unit for qual and any bull for a long time and have yet to draw! I still go up every year and hunt bears up there but the mucks go up there and shoot elk like no other and now I'm considering investing my points in a different unit!

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2018, 07:58:17 PM »
I would do it.   I wouldn't hunt the feed lot or sell it, but I'd get a tribal license in a heart beat and hunt my way. 

Offline W_Ellison2011

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2018, 08:16:17 PM »
I would do it.   I wouldn't hunt the feed lot or sell it, but I'd get a tribal license in a heart beat and hunt my way.
It kind of breaks my heart though that it has come to this point for him though. It is what it is I guess. Maybe I will get to hunt the white river unit a lot sooner lol!

Offline MarkTrail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
  • Groups: Rmef,NRA,mdf
« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2018, 09:01:24 PM »
Dvolmer, trophyhunt, you two guys have seen or heard from people close enough too realize just a small portion that is going on. Thanks for standing up and speaking out.

Offline Elkcollector82

• Work to live, not live to work.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • Hunt hard by laying boot tracks, Not tire tracks
« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2018, 04:17:44 AM »
Whats really sad to me.. is my Father, who is completely against what we have seen tribal members do in our hunting grounds, is now doing a dna test to see how much "native" we have in us so that he might be able to claim something and be able to hunt like they do. He has all but given up on trying to hunt the way our WDF&Wolves wants us to. There is only so many times you can be driving in the hills during early archery season and see 3-4 tribal members jump out of vans/trucks with rifles and drop 8-10 deer then only take backstraps and hindquarters before you either give up or snap. We have seen it 2 times and found multiple other kill sites. Elk are almost non existent in the woods I grew up hunting with my father, south rainer GMU 513. You can drive down into packwood and see the elk but up in 513 if you see 1 elk in a year you are doing pretty dang good! Its very sad that our state has come to this point. Both from poachers and tribal members abusing the rights given to them by our liberal government. hell I have been laughed at up in the white river unit by tribal members while they were gutting a bull elk that they shot in the middle of the road! I have been putting in for that unit for qual and any bull for a long time and have yet to draw! I still go up every year and hunt bears up there but the mucks go up there and shoot elk like no other and now I'm considering investing my points in a different unit!

Seriously one elk a year in 513 :o  :bash: I think you should seriously change your hunting tactics before coming on here and bashing the natives.

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2018, 05:17:31 AM »
Are you doubting his hunting methods or abilities?
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline deerlick

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Scout
« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2018, 01:14:25 PM »

this is what I have been saying. take that to court, how is it possible to loose.

Offline Elkcollector82

• Work to live, not live to work.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Hunt hard by laying boot tracks, Not tire tracks
« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2018, 01:31:31 PM »

Both. Only seeing one elk a year in 513.  :chuckle: must have super dark tinted windows.  :dunno:

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2018, 01:35:22 PM »
 :chuckle:that could be I have never hunted that area before sounds like u see a few more
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2018, 02:08:25 PM »
What makes this a uniquely Washington problem? As I understand it many tribes across the west share the same hunting and fishing rights but I don't hear about how Wyoming wildlife is in shambles due to native harvest.
There is no legal off reservation hunting under treaty rights by natives in Wyoming.  That is a current fact the Crow Nation heavily contests, and may be changed at some point in the future but to date the state has prevailed. 
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline meatwhack

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2018, 02:52:37 PM »
If a tribe actually managed wildlife they would have more than enough to hunt and sustain themselves on their reservation if they desired to do so. Instead most tribes have slaughtered everything on their reservations due to unregulated hunting and therefore hunt off the reservation where the animals have been managed. It’s pretty easy to see the tribes that care about wildlife management because they have some of the best hunting in the country on their reservations.

Offline W_Ellison2011

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #132 on: January 04, 2018, 04:38:47 PM »

Both. Only seeing one elk a year in 513.  :chuckle: must have super dark tinted windows.  :dunno:
I hike quite a bit in that unit. I also guarantee that I spend more time in that unit than you do every year. Maybe you should take your crappy comments elsewhere and let the grown ups have a conversation instead of trying to bash my comments. Ohh and btw.. with a 15% or lower blacktail kill percentage in that unit I have killed deer in there every year except for this year when I hunted Kapowsin instead. I have seen with my own eyes the "natives" killing more animals up in those hills than you probably have seen in a whole year of scouting and hunting up there.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #133 on: January 04, 2018, 05:06:19 PM »
Keep it on track and leave the personal attacks out of it.

:peep:
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline W_Ellison2011

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #134 on: January 04, 2018, 05:50:26 PM »
Keep it on track and leave the personal attacks out of it.

:peep:
you got it. My bad. I shouldn't have let him pull me into that.

Back on topic. We have FAR too many variables ticking away at our herds of animals. Poachers being a big one and the excessive taking of game from other groups as well as the wolves and other apex predators in this state. We need EVERYONE to start reporting the animals they harvest and I mean that as in not just us sportsmen and women but also tribal.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]