collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: More blood and guts  (Read 52806 times)

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
Re: More blood and guts
« Reply #210 on: February 01, 2018, 06:35:15 PM »
I also wonder if the state could get real accurate harvest numbers from the yakamas if that would help aleive tention from false numbers being rumored?
Based on many posts I have seen on Huntwa I know the state doesn’t have accurate harvest numbers for what non natives do or harvest.

Just sayin’ not picking a fight just saying it goes both ways. Get our yard in check before complaining about the neighbors.
Damn, I’m not picking a fight, I thought it was a good place to start.  I will go out on a limb and say the non native harvest reports are much better than the zero reports we get from the yakama tribe?  True or not, should I throw in another happy emoji to show I’m not mad??  🙂
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #211 on: February 01, 2018, 06:41:53 PM »
 :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #212 on: February 01, 2018, 07:41:49 PM »
Plat, maybe I'm misunderstanding one of the posts you have made and if so please feel free to correct me. It seems that many people are aware of a certain person from your tribe who is selling elk jerky,which seems to be against tribal law. And In reading one of your posts you stated something to the effect of the tribe was probably not going to do anything about it. And you seemed to justify this lack of enforcement being just fine because of wdfw saying this herd is above carrying capacity and there seems to be no scientific proof that this individual is having a negative effect on the herd. Since when is it ok to break the law as long as no one can prove you caused any damage while doing it? Would be the same as saying we shouldn't charge all the non native elk poachers because the herd size hasn't been impacted!

Just to clarify, I never said selling jerky was illegal. I was bunching abuse and illegal activity together, much like what occurs here, bunch everything together and point and blame everyone.

His business is a legitimate business, the abuse is what would apply in this case.

I didn't know about the biggest poacher in state history until I read it here so why would you expect our elders to know?

Did members on here know about him, or the ring from s.w. washington, or the kid from Aberdeen?

If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #213 on: February 01, 2018, 07:44:41 PM »
I also wonder if the state could get real accurate harvest numbers from the yakamas if that would help aleive tention from false numbers being rumored?
Based on many posts I have seen on Huntwa I know the state doesn’t have accurate harvest numbers for what non natives do or harvest.

Just sayin’ not picking a fight just saying it goes both ways. Get our yard in check before complaining about the neighbors.
Damn, I’m not picking a fight, I thought it was a good place to start.  I will go out on a limb and say the non native harvest reports are much better than the zero reports we get from the yakama tribe?  True or not, should I throw in another happy emoji to show I’m not mad??  🙂
Glad you’re not mad bro.😁

I agree it would be a great place to start and we have to start somewhere.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #214 on: February 01, 2018, 07:54:44 PM »

Glad you’re not mad bro.😁

I agree it would be a great place to start and we have to start somewhere.
👍🏻

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #215 on: February 02, 2018, 08:11:21 AM »
So how come no one has said this...
Legally as it maybe out of glen wood and trout lake the yaks are getting 75$ for a deer and 150+$ for elk.. non tribesman are paying them for this. Growing up around some of the Indians if they make money at it they will do it. So is that legal? I asked a game warden about it.. he said he couldn’t do anything about it... so how are his hands tied?

This is an interesting point...the other day I spoke with an enrolled member down here on the yakama res who told me he asked someone on the council whether he could sell the meat from elk he shoots and was told if he is selling it to feed his family it is just another way he is providing a living....which I guess in principle I do agree with but the problem I have with it is the extremely finite nature of the resource he is utilizing. Wild game can be so easily overharvested, and cannot be propagated to match harvest in the same ways domesticated livestock can...

I asked the fellow how hard it would be for him to harvest say, 10 elk in a year,  and he kind of just chuckled and said 10? That's easy.

In all fairness I do believe this man is providing meat for several families not just his own, however, he had a medium sized cow elk in his truck bed and told me he shot a 6x7 bull as well as another bull at the same time way up oak creek somewhere the week before. And had already bagged multiple cows before these... But he only had until the 1st to take cows so he was going back up..........

I say all of this not to incite jealousy or hatred, but simply to state the obvious: if there are even only one or two dozen members of every tribe "playing by the rules" which this man is, doing this and harvesting upwards of a dozen elk every year or more, how can we hope to see and enjoy a thriving population of these animals for generations to come?
I can bet that no councilmen ever said that about selling game, it's  against our law to do so
Ok, so lets talk about selling the game being against your law.  let me ask you an honest question then,  Do you guys enforce that law?  I'll answer that for you, hell no!  I'm sure you've heard of the Jerky guy, AW. How much does he make a year on selling jerky?  I just saw a facebook photo with him standing in front of a full smoker full of elk meat.  And him saying he was all sold out and needs to resupply.  What does a guy do with 25 to over 100 bull elk a year, he sells it.  How about the tribal members that killed elk and deer weekly and drove to Tacoma to sell it to a big time criminal?  Please don't tell me the tribe or the elders didn't know about that one!!!!!!!  Be honest here, these are perfectly honest questions, no bashing or racist remarks were said.
It would be nice if claims were made about someone (Aaron), he would be allowed to defend himself.
Its right on his Facebook. I don’t think a guy who kills multiple- dozens of bulls each year to make money will get much support on here, but he will have some support that’s for sure.

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #216 on: February 02, 2018, 01:20:49 PM »
It's a free site, he is welcome to join.

Offline chinookie23

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #217 on: February 02, 2018, 01:37:31 PM »
https://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/harvest/2015/reports/deer_combo_dist_all.php

This is almost as much as the whole Washington native American population...... I highly doubt the tribes even come close to this amount of harvest.

Offline chinookie23

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #218 on: February 02, 2018, 02:16:42 PM »

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #219 on: February 02, 2018, 03:33:02 PM »
It's a free site, he is welcome to join.
Check his status......

If Aaron wants to be able to represent himself and remain a member in good standing, he should learn to control himself and not throw insults and name calling around. It's his own fault that he's not here. He knows the rules, and it's not the first time he's been banned for the exact same reason.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #220 on: February 02, 2018, 04:32:22 PM »
So that allows rumors (unrepresented info) to become acceptable?
ask him, and if he hasn’t killed at least a dozen bulls, I’ll apologize.  But it’s not rumor. The fact is, he doesn’t want the real number of kills to be known. 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 04:44:36 PM by trophyhunt »

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #221 on: February 02, 2018, 06:50:24 PM »

It doesn’t disallow people to talk. All kinds of gossip goes on on forums.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline mfswallace

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #222 on: February 02, 2018, 10:05:50 PM »
https://nwifc.org/downloads/big-game-harvest-report-2015-2016/

hope this works but here we go.

:chuckle:  this was a joke correct  :dunno: if not I got a piece of ocean front property in north Dakota I'll sell ya
1 elk killed for region 3
800 total deer state wide

Oh and there are only 115 wolves in Washington  :yike:

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #223 on: February 03, 2018, 07:44:47 AM »
https://nwifc.org/downloads/big-game-harvest-report-2015-2016/

hope this works but here we go.

:chuckle:  this was a joke correct  :dunno: if not I got a piece of ocean front property in north Dakota I'll sell ya
1 elk killed for region 3
800 total deer state wide

Oh and there are only 115 wolves in Washington  :yike:
Complete joke, Wdfw probably believes this load of crap.

Offline jennabug

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #224 on: February 03, 2018, 07:48:52 AM »

It doesn’t disallow people to talk. All kinds of gossip goes on on forums.

Forum rules state...
You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, name calling, belittling, threatening, unproven accusations, trashes topics or other members, trashes the forum, intentionally instigates trouble, obscene, profanity or intended profanity, sexually oriented, adult material, invasive of a person's privacy, or in violation of any International, State, or United States Federal law. You
How fine is the line between gossip and spreading false information? Defamatory? Inaccurate?
I don't know these people, but I do know how I feel about unsubstantiated rumors and grudges.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]