collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: More blood and guts  (Read 52810 times)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
More blood and guts
« Reply #225 on: February 03, 2018, 08:16:00 AM »
So that allows rumors (unrepresented info) to become acceptable?

It doesn’t disallow people to talk. All kinds of gossip goes on on forums.

Forum rules state...
You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, name calling, belittling, threatening, unproven accusations, trashes topics or other members, trashes the forum, intentionally instigates trouble, obscene, profanity or intended profanity, sexually oriented, adult material, invasive of a person's privacy, or in violation of any International, State, or United States Federal law. You
How fine is the line between gossip and spreading false information? Defamatory? Inaccurate?
I don't know these people, but I do know how I feel about unsubstantiated rumors and grudges.

It’s posted on his own Facebook page apparently.
I’m not sure what you’re saying.  There is no doubt the guy sells jerky. He’s wide open about it. And that’s all that was brought up.

If Aaron wants to come back and civilly discuss this without cursing and swearing and calling people names, I’m wide open to discussing with the other mods and admins about lifting his ban. Traditionally he’s not been able to do that.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline mfswallace

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
Re: More blood and guts
« Reply #226 on: February 04, 2018, 10:05:09 PM »
I don't Facebook, anyone able to screenshot his page?

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #227 on: February 05, 2018, 05:27:19 AM »
 :yeah:
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #228 on: February 05, 2018, 06:08:14 AM »
The pic is of him standing in front of all the smoked jerky, he talks about having it all sold and needs to get more.  And for the record, I never mentioned full names only initials.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 06:15:39 AM by trophyhunt »
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline chinookie23

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #229 on: February 05, 2018, 12:27:47 PM »
is it just me or did this whole blood and guts thread turned into a virtual campfire thread

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #230 on: February 05, 2018, 12:56:38 PM »
Without pics it’s just another discussion, nothing ever changes.  The treaty rights topic will always be disagreed on, I see no fix, ever.

Offline dvolmer

• Sourdough
« Reply #231 on: February 05, 2018, 10:22:53 PM »
Moderator, Please close down this thread so I wont be tempted to open it in the future.  The ignorance on this issue is beyond any kind of belief!  If the public only really knew.  Sad, Sad, Sad.
Zonk Volmer

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #232 on: February 05, 2018, 10:32:34 PM »
Why close it down? I see no reason to? There's been civil discussion on both sides and new things/concepts/ideas learned from both sides.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it should be closed down? Sure, there's been disagreements, but overall it's been a good discussion.

If you can't handle a civil debate/discussion then ignore it. I mean, I know you don't want me to come out here dressed up in my feathers and buckskin atempting to garner some sympathy right?
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #233 on: February 05, 2018, 10:56:33 PM »
Moderator, Please close down this thread so I wont be tempted to open it in the future.  The ignorance on this issue is beyond any kind of belief!  If the public only really knew.  Sad, Sad, Sad.
If they knew what?  :tinfoil: Do tell!

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Explorer
« Reply #234 on: February 06, 2018, 05:45:00 AM »
Why close it down? I see no reason to? There's been civil discussion on both sides and new things/concepts/ideas learned from both sides.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it should be closed down? Sure, there's been disagreements, but overall it's been a good discussion.

If you can't handle a civil debate/discussion then ignore it. I mean, I know you don't want me to come out here dressed up in my feathers and buckskin attempting to garner some sympathy right?
That leads to a terrible picture. Please pretend it's winter and your in your Teepee covered up.  :chuckle:
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #235 on: February 06, 2018, 06:10:08 AM »

If you can't handle a civil debate/discussion then ignore it. I mean, I know you don't want me to come out here dressed up in my feathers and buckskin attempting to garner some sympathy right?
That leads to a terrible picture. Please pretend it's winter and your in your Teepee covered up.  :chuckle:
I didn't want to say it but since you did, I agree!! :chuckle:

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #236 on: February 06, 2018, 06:24:36 AM »
On a serious note, in the past few years I've learned a lot from these kinds of threads.  Plat's input and private conversations have been eye opening, more natives and non natives should listen to what he has to say.  Both can learn from him.  But, I will always feel we should be on the same level and have the same rules when it comes to fish and wildlife, too much has changed in the past 200 years to keep this up.  I understand the need for tradition, but we all have tradition and only some of us had to conform.  Not sure what the answer is like I've said before, but when either side abuses their rights or gets caught in a major poaching ring, tempers flare.  That's just going to continue to happen.

Offline dscubame

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
« Reply #237 on: February 07, 2018, 12:09:42 PM »
I would wager a large sum that way more poaching kills occur with non natives than those kills legally by natives under their treaty.  Because it is not necessary for the natives to hide themselves due to their treaty rights and non native poaching goes hidden or attempted so because it is illegal.  Spend enough time on the peninsula around Aberdeen/Shelton or in the NE up by Colville/Republic and you will be certain that my wager will pay.

Although I am sick of the constant squawking about the natives treaty it is a small price to pay for what happened and how it happened to their ancestors.  Predators and non native poachers have a serious impact on the game population, the regular native killed elk at a feed lot out in the open or native guy that kills a dozen a year, not so much.

And who the heck is Aaron, are we using his forum name or his personal name like the inner hunt WA circle likes to do?
It's a TIKKA thing..., you may not understand.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline farmin4u_98948

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #238 on: February 07, 2018, 05:42:40 PM »
I would wager a large sum that way more poaching kills occur with non natives than those kills legally by natives under their treaty.  Because it is not necessary for the natives to hide themselves due to their treaty rights and non native poaching goes hidden or attempted so because it is illegal. 

:yeah: :yeah:

This has been my point as well. 

Just because you believe something is true doesn't mean that it is true!

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #239 on: February 07, 2018, 06:14:29 PM »
I would wager a large sum that way more poaching kills occur with non natives than those kills legally by natives under their treaty.  Because it is not necessary for the natives to hide themselves due to their treaty rights and non native poaching goes hidden or attempted so because it is illegal. 

:yeah: :yeah:

This has been my point as well.

:yeah:
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]