collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: New pistol advice  (Read 16382 times)

Offline Calvin Rayborn

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, ATA Gold-Card Life Member
Re: New pistol advice
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2018, 11:07:40 PM »
SP101

Offline Eric M

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2018, 11:33:51 PM »

Offline Biggerhammer

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Powder, primer, bullet JUNKIE.
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2018, 12:54:04 AM »
SP101

:yeah: :yeah:

Great revolver, stout, bullet proof! Fits in your back pocket. A real power house...

Offline biggfish

• Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2018, 02:41:11 AM »
I forget the name but there was a revolver made that you could shoot all manner of 9mm ish rounds out of. 380,all 9mm, all 38 and 357 rounds. It was a snub nosed revolver with a special kind of cylinder to grab the different kinds of cartridge lips.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
The make and model escape me but I recall reading about a .357 mag that could shoot 9mm with moon clips. Not sure on the .380 though it was also available in .45 lc and .454 casull able to shoot .45 acp with moon clips as well. It makes me think if you cut the the cylinder back you could do it with any revolver.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Now then, get your equipment—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.  Gen. 27:3

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2018, 05:45:22 AM »
I have an SP10i 2 or 3 inch, I forget. I used to have a few S&W 686's too. Those are great guns also..
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2018, 12:05:19 PM »
Medusa m47 multicaliber revolver. Shoots 25 different calibers in the 380 9mm 357 range. Made in the 90s by Philips and Rodgers  only 500 made. Based of SW k frame.
No moon clips  just a really interesting cylinder design. Unfortunately they are pretty spend and all used.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline C-Money

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
  • Self proclaimed 3pt master
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2018, 04:10:04 PM »
Is the 9mm enough?....oh yes, it is. One of the biggest messes I have ever seen was created with a .25acp. There are endless variables that can make one cartridge better than another for any given reason. Bottom line is, once someone is shot, they feel significantly less good than before they were shot, regardless of the cartridge. 
I felt like a one legged cat trying to bury a terd on a frozen pond!

Offline fish vacuum

• Sourdough
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2018, 04:20:35 PM »
It's a great time to be in the market for a compact carry gun. The big manufacturers all have nice options at reasonable prices. I'd just avoid cheap offerings from companies you've never heard of.

Offline Eric M

• Sourdough
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2018, 05:37:54 PM »
Is the 9mm enough?....oh yes, it is. One of the biggest messes I have ever seen was created with a .25acp. There are endless variables that can make one cartridge better than another for any given reason. Bottom line is, once someone is shot, they feel significantly less good than before they were shot, regardless of the cartridge.
The 30 round magazine in the keltec 22 magnum pistol is pretty fun to shoot too.that pistol weighs almost nothing empty. I've shot one quite a bit and haven't seen a misfired or jam. Pretty big pistol for cow though

Offline rsrubalcaba

• Tracker
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2018, 05:56:42 PM »
Don't know where you're located, but I like WGS guns in Lakewood. Staff seems to know what they are doing. Surplus ammo and arms in Tacoma has a good staff but they seem a bit pricey to me.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Yes WGS is where it's at.  Awesome indoor range.  9mm is just fine. Ammo is affordable, easy to conceal and it will do the job.  Just like hunting, it's all about the shot placement.  My guns will hold 17+1 (I carry full size) but the compacts will still carry 10-13 rounds, depending on brand and model.

Offline Thehowler

• Longhunter
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2018, 07:33:07 PM »
The 30 round magazine in the keltec 22 magnum pistol is pretty fun to shoot too.that pistol weighs almost nothing empty. I've shot one quite a bit and haven't seen a misfired or jam. Pretty big pistol for cow though

I don’t think it would make any difference to the cow :chuckle:. I know someone who has been around horses all there life and they use nothing but a snub 38 special.
MAGA, Never give up.

Offline Eric M

• Sourdough
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2018, 07:54:25 PM »

I don’t think it would make any difference to the cow :chuckle:. I know someone who has been around horses all there life and they use nothing but a snub 38 special.
HAHA I hate my phone. This is the 2nd auto correct in a week someone's caught on here. Maybe I should start doing it on purpose for laughs. I meant CCW

Offline Thehowler

• Longhunter
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2018, 08:21:11 PM »
Too funny!
MAGA, Never give up.

Offline C-Money

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
  • Self proclaimed 3pt master
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2018, 06:05:41 AM »

HAHA I hate my phone. This is the 2nd auto correct in a week someone's caught on here. Maybe I should start doing it on purpose for laughs. I meant CCW

:chuckle: Dang! I thought, why is this guy busting my chops...HAHA!
I felt like a one legged cat trying to bury a terd on a frozen pond!

Offline Blacklab

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2018, 07:53:13 PM »
Started carrying a sr 9 c about 3 yrs ago. Really like it easy to conceal and comfortable and fun to shoot. My colt 45 was pretty heavy to carry. That's why I switched to the 9mm.
Hey! I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though sometimes I wonder.

If you want to make God laugh tell him your plans.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 05:34:44 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]