collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Sea Duck/Brant Mount Combo**Updated Photos  (Read 2636 times)

Offline Duckhunter14

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF, WSF Life Member, RMGA
Sea Duck/Brant Mount Combo**Updated Photos
« on: January 08, 2018, 12:07:36 PM »
I shot a Western High Arctic Brant (Grey Belly) on Saturday that I would like to mount. I have been saving back a couple of sea ducks to do a rock or driftwood mount with (Harlequin and Scoter- still trying to kill a long tail). But after killing the Brant I thought a dead mount with a sea duck theme would be cool. Maybe the brant, scoter, and harlequin and then if I could ever kill an old squaw maybe add that too. Any ideas? Anyone want to share their mounts? I'm really just looking for ideas because I thought I knew what I wanted and now I'm conflicted. Help me spend some $$.  :chuckle: Lets see some sea duck mounts. Thanks HW waterfowl crew.

-Clint
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 11:11:09 AM by Duckhunter14 »
The testing of your faith produces perseverance

Elk don't know how many feet a horse has!

Offline OLYTAX

• Tracker
Re: Sea Duck/Brant Mount Combo
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 02:26:29 PM »
Nancy Crocker of Shelton, WA is the best there is..........but she's retired.   Call JEFF LUMSDEN (STILL LIFE TAXIDERMY  425-353-9884)  in Everett, WA he does great work as well.  Look at the work of anyone you might consider, just don't talk to them on the phone.......Buzzi

Offline h2ofowlr

• CHOKED UP TIGHT
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 03:38:10 PM »
Nancy Crocker of Shelton, WA is the best there is..........but she's retired.   Call JEFF LUMSDEN (STILL LIFE TAXIDERMY  425-353-9884)  in Everett, WA he does great work as well.  Look at the work of anyone you might consider, just don't talk to them on the phone.......Buzzi

Nancy's last name use to be Mulligan.  Nancy Mulligan "Crocker" of Shelton, does nice work but takes years to get to a mount.  I don't know how long a bird last in a freezer before slippage, freezer burn, etc., but that is to long to wait.

Individuals that do great work in a timely fashion are Seth Lane "Lane Wildlife Artistry" and Leon Mathews "Avian Artistry"  probably two of the top ones in this state.  Both out of Tri-Cities.  You can get many reference on both of these individuals.
Cut em!
It's not the shells!  It's the shooter!

Offline Duckhunter14

• Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 11:02:37 AM »

Nancy's last name use to be Mulligan.  Nancy Mulligan "Crocker" of Shelton, does nice work but takes years to get to a mount.  I don't know how long a bird last in a freezer before slippage, freezer burn, etc., but that is to long to wait.

Individuals that do great work in a timely fashion are Seth Lane "Lane Wildlife Artistry" and Leon Mathews "Avian Artistry"  probably two of the top ones in this state.  Both out of Tri-Cities.  You can get many reference on both of these individuals.

I was leaning towards Leon, I've seen a lot of his work and it looks like he does incredible work.

Thanks for the input OLYTAX; I used Jeff Lumsden in the past and will never use him again unfortunately.

Offline Spuddieselwwu

• Spuddieselwwu
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: DU, Delta Waterfowl, NRA, RMEF
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 03:22:42 PM »
I take all my birds to Seth.  He's the best around IMO, great guy to work with, fast, responsive, does AMAZING work.  I know Leon is great too - but I'd give Seth a shot - he'll do your birds justice. 

Offline Duckhunter14

• Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 11:37:04 AM »
I take all my birds to Seth.  He's the best around IMO, great guy to work with, fast, responsive, does AMAZING work.  I know Leon is great too - but I'd give Seth a shot - he'll do your birds justice.

I've heard great things about him also. Thank you for the input!

Offline Duckhunter14

• Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 11:10:04 AM »
Ok I have the long tail now. Johnnyaustin44, myself and our buddy Tyler got out this weekend and we all got one.

Nobody has a sea duck mount they want to share? I'm going to take in some birds when the season is over. Lets see some mounts...

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]