collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Marine mammals now taking more salmon than sport and commercial fishing combined  (Read 8364 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
The way I had sea cucumber  didn't taste bad. There was just a taste texture disconnect.  Imagine a jellow shot that was leftnin the fridge forn a week or 2. Some where between yellow and a rubber band with bumps on it. It tasted something like a greasy piece  of gristle. (One of my favorites).  A good hard chew could not cut  said sea cucumber into smaller pieces. This wasn't at some discount shack it was a high end restaurant in China.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I've stripped the five longitudinal muscles out of them then breaded and fried, it is tender and delicious, but way too much work for the little return to do on a regular basis.  You guys probably had whole dried ones reconstituted or something nasty like that.   :chuckle:
Don't know, didn't ask but sounds about right!

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
"The study used models to estimate marine mammal consumption of Chinook salmon based on several assumptions about their diet and the size and weight of salmon. The researchers estimate that from 1975 to 2015, the yearly biomass of Chinook salmon consumed by sea lions, seals, and killer whales increased from 6,100 to 15,200 metric tons, and from five to 31.5 million individual salmon."

NOW HOLD on just one minute, back in late 90's early 2000, the Salmon was put on the ESL because of the evil loggers and uncontrolled irrigate-rs stealing water from them and causing in-stream silting of spawning beds!!! :bash: :bash:

Two things can be true at the same time.
This is true how ever one is easily estimated where another is more difficult. This estimation does not include the huge increase in other forms of depredations. Cornmerants are protected, and obviously need none. Not to mention the increase of walleye, Pikeminnow, and Mergansers.

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline The Real Sisu

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: NRA
Heard this on the radio this morning from the Kodiak fishing news.
https://www.ktoo.org/2011/12/06/report-says-sea-otters-hitting-dive-fisheries-hard/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake we must not interrupt him too soon.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal