collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: An Open Dialogue With WDFW Wolf Plan Consultant Francine Madden  (Read 18815 times)

Offline Calvin Rayborn

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, ATA Gold-Card Life Member
Re: An Open Dialogue With WDFW Wolf Plan Consultant Francine Madden
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2018, 01:31:00 PM »
Ms. Madden just seems to have too many variables in her scenario...Where are the practical solutions, or will this thing just keep getting dragged-out?

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2018, 02:11:25 PM »
Ms. Madden just seems to have too many variables in her scenario...Where are the practical solutions, or will this thing just keep getting dragged-out?

See post #64 ;)
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline ribka

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • That's what she said
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2018, 07:24:30 PM »

We've just stepped into bizarro world here on hunt WA. Anti -hunting organizations and eco terrorists are good and we must enter into meaningful and diverse non confrontational dialogue with them and sportsmen who contribute to wildlife conservation are evil

and every year in Washington we continue lose more and more fishing and hunting opportunities despite the fact we contribute millions to wildlife conservation

Offline Calvin Rayborn

• Sourdough
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2018, 08:09:43 PM »

We've just stepped into bizarro world here on hunt WA. Anti -hunting organizations and eco terrorists are good and we must enter into meaningful and diverse non confrontational dialogue with them and sportsmen who contribute to wildlife conservation are evil

and every year in Washington we continue lose more and more fishing and hunting opportunities despite the fact we contribute millions to wildlife conservation

It definitely seems like a "bad bye" and a "bad buy" :twocents: in bizarro-world to me!

Offline Calvin Rayborn

• Sourdough
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2018, 08:31:23 PM »

See post #64 ;)

Yup, I think ribka and the phool have this scheme summed-up pretty well. It's like the old slogan of shady politicians, "If you can't convince 'em, CONFUSE 'EM!"

Offline ribka

• Old Salt
  • That's what she said
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2018, 09:03:56 PM »
Including towards accepting lethal removals and eventually, some sort of proactive management through regulated hunts (something I fully support).

So it is well established science by very experienced wildlife biologists and over 150 years science that is settled that the only way to control exploding wolf populations is through trapping and poisoning.

Do you support this ? :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Thanks for reaching out to Francine, Jake. And for sharing this detailed information and thoughtful dialogue. It's refreshing compared to what some seem to prefer to share on this forum regarding such issues.

I personally don't relish how much the state is spending on her contract, especially with enforcement grossly underfunded and important programs for hunters and anglers on the chopping block. But having been deeply involved in this issue since 2014, I will go out on a limb and say we're lucky to have Francine working to bring diverse stakeholders to the table and moving forward. Including towards accepting lethal removals and eventually, some sort of proactive management through regulated hunts (something I fully support). Without Francine, I'm certain we'd be in a much worse and more expensive place right now, with radical out-of-state litigious groups like the Center for Biological Diversity holding greater influence.

I do very much believe that WDFW needs to do a better job of communicating exactly where this money is coming from, which is general fund appropriations from the legislature and special wildlife license plate revenue, NOT hunting and fishing license revenues. I've made that concern known to the Department, and hope it happens.

As a hunter, I've also been concerned about the lack of active and vocal sportsman's representation on the WAG, especially since Dan left. Nothing against the hunters still on that advisory group, but hunters need a more vocal voice, and some of the current hunting reps seem to want to stay quiet and allow other stakeholders to hold the spotlight.

The "white paper" that Washington Cattlemen’s Association, Cattle Producers of Washington, Washingtonians for Wildlife Conservation, Washington State Sheep Producers, Hunters Heritage Council and the Washington Farm Bureau produced this past November was a solid start towards reframing the dialogue in a more forward-looking direction, and I agree with most of its conclusions.

Some folks on this forum seem to prefer to rant that this is all a rigged game, that hunters are outnumbered, and we're better served commenting amongst ourselves on Internet threads instead of participating in the decision-making process. I understand why you might feel that way, but we have to sit at the table to eat. Especially when we ARE outnumbered. The ranchers know this, and are participating heavily and gaining concessions through it, even from hardline groups like HSUS. Some hunters may not like wolves, conservation orgs, or Washington's wolf management policy, but we do ourselves a disservice if we refuse to participate in the decision-making process.

The next two WAG meetings are slated to focus on hunter concerns, including gaining greater acceptance of those concerns from other stakeholders and beginning to outline post-recovery management. I'll be there. I hope other hunters are as well.

-Chase Gunnell

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2018, 09:14:13 PM »
Unholy Alliances: The danger of alignment with environmental and anti hunting groups

http://idahoforwildlife.com/index.php/idfg-wildlife-summit#Unholy%20Alliances

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2018, 09:53:41 PM »
Unholy Alliances: The danger of alignment with environmental and anti hunting groups

This article is garbage written by guys who are clueless.  Nearly all of IDFGs senior leaders are big hunters...and I would bet 95% or more of all their employees are hunters.  Get a clue.
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2018, 07:56:34 AM »

This article is garbage written by guys who are clueless.  Nearly all of IDFGs senior leaders are big hunters...and I would bet 95% or more of all their employees are hunters.  Get a clue.

"What are the dangers of bringing in environmental groups to fund state Fish and Game agencies? California is a great example of this “slippery slope.” Once environmental and anti-hunting groups began to fund the CA agency they eventually were able to influence and have direct management over it. Examples were changing its agencies name away from ‘Fish and Game” to satisfy non-hunters, anti-hunters and environmentalists. Eliminating predator hunting and use of lead ammo has occurred in CA. States like Florida and Washington state lost the ability to use dogs to hunt bears and Oregon Hunters are frustrated because they cannot hunt cougars. Supporting radicalized native ecosystem religion which suggests returning the land, fish and wildlife back to pre Columbian days. Most environmental groups such as Defenders of Wildlife and some in IDFG actively support and are currently implementing some of these programs." Read More @

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without profit or payment for non-profit research and educational purposes only.  s:  http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Idahoh-have you read WDFW's thirty year plan?

Offline elkfins

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2018, 12:38:24 PM »
After reading her very well laid out and thoughtful responses, it is very clear to me that she is well trained in the art of "lip service".
I wouldn't trust her as far as my 80 year old father could throw Micheal Bennett.

Offline ribka

• Old Salt
  • That's what she said
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2018, 01:23:31 PM »
After reading her very well laid out and thoughtful responses, it is very clear to me that she is well trained in the art of "lip service".
I wouldn't trust her as far as my 80 year old father could throw Micheal Bennett.

Her response reads like the fine print at the end of your warranty and same empty platitudes on her old web site and the same crap is found on CNW's web site

Kudos to your father

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal