collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: CZ 527 action screws??  (Read 1948 times)

Offline Tracker0721

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Longhunter
CZ 527 action screws??
« on: January 15, 2018, 05:13:59 PM »
Looking for screws with an Allen head. J&P has em for $33 shipped which is $25 more then I think makes sense
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short.

Amen

Offline follow maggie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
  • Just me, just being a nomad
Re: CZ 527 action screws??
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 06:11:56 PM »
Did you try Tacoma Screw. They have just about everything that's meant for fastening.

Offline b23

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 08:28:44 PM »
Looking for screws with an Allen head. J&P has em for $33 shipped which is $25 more then I think makes sense

I was one of their suckers and bought the grossly overpriced CZ 527 action screw set from J&P. 

They mail the tiny little bag to you in a flat rate box which not only cost more than it should for a tiny little bag with two screws and an hex wrench but seemed pretty silly considering it could just as easily been shipped in one of those little soft pouches or a medium sized manila envelop.  That was the first thing that struck me odd but then the hex wrench they sent with the screws wasn't even the correct size for the screw heads.  No real big deal as I have plenty of different size hex wrench but I was a little peeved when I installed them and the rear screw was a little to long and was hitting on the underside of the bolt.  Not so much that the bolt wouldn't cycle but enough that you could feel it and it would click every time you cycled the bolt.  Not a real big deal but considering they charge you a ridiculous price for two screws and a hex wrench that doesn't fit, I was a little disappointed and it's doubtful I'll ever order anything from them again.

Offline Tracker0721

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 10:39:39 AM »
Yeah I just can’t see how they would feel that’s worth it. I’ll try some hardware stores. Thought someone said the pitch was odd
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short.

Amen

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal