collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Shrink wrap vanes?  (Read 2362 times)

Offline Duckslayer89

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Shrink wrap vanes?
« on: December 30, 2017, 09:56:56 PM »
Anyone use the shrink wrap style vanes? Which kind and why or why not?  Seems easy and consistent

Offline WAcoyotehunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Shrink wrap vanes?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 11:25:31 PM »
I love them.  I have been using the quick spins for several years.  Easy and consistent

Offline Duckslayer89

• Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 11:32:32 PM »
I love them.  I have been using the quick spins for several years.  Easy and consistent

Sweet! You don't have any issues with them slipping? Any special arrow prep before putting them on?

Offline Norman89

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Proud holder of 110 Zardos points!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 01:47:55 PM »
I've used the blazers for a while and have loss consistency in groups. They advertise to tighten your groups but I have gone from 2 inch groups at 30 yards to a 3 inch groups. Also the arrows seem to porpoise differently as I am having the arrows sticking in the target at odd angles since using the blazers quick Fletch. I personally would not recommend them.

Offline Duckslayer89

• Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 02:04:54 PM »
I've used the blazers for a while and have loss consistency in groups. They advertise to tighten your groups but I have gone from 2 inch groups at 30 yards to a 3 inch groups. Also the arrows seem to porpoise differently as I am having the arrows sticking in the target at odd angles since using the blazers quick Fletch. I personally would not recommend them.

I ended up just using an Arizona easy fletch for my arrows. It works well but not as clean as from the factory like I would like

Offline Norman89

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Proud holder of 110 Zardos points!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 02:21:48 PM »
I've been eyeballing that set up for a while now. The other problem iv had with the shrink wrap style vanes is I get an air pocket just behind the vanes. After a few shots the sir pocket bursts open and the arrow gets really erradic. I use those for grouse arrows now and just bought some new gold tips at the local shop when they went on sale. But I still have a dozen shafts that need refletched so I'm still shopping for a new Fletcher set up

Offline Duckslayer89

• Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 02:34:20 PM »
I've been eyeballing that set up for a while now. The other problem iv had with the shrink wrap style vanes is I get an air pocket just behind the vanes. After a few shots the sir pocket bursts open and the arrow gets really erradic. I use those for grouse arrows now and just bought some new gold tips at the local shop when they went on sale. But I still have a dozen shafts that need refletched so I'm still shopping for a new Fletcher set up

I would look at the bitzenberg if I had it to do over again that’s what I think I would have bought. But I’ve heard guys say they sold the bitzenberg for a Arizona.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal