collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Humbled.....  (Read 8437 times)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Humbled.....
« on: January 24, 2018, 03:25:19 PM »
Time for me to get sappy.
 As the fundraiser auctions for Keegan are winding down, I'm sitting here remembering all the other causes we've come together as a community for in the past. Joshua Holm started this whole thing for us, Jessie who was in a bad car crash...regrettably I can't remember his last name. Captain Aaron Blanchard and his family. I'm sure there are others...Sorry if I forgot anyone. We can't thank all the folks who have donated to these amazing causes enough for their amazing generosity...whether it's the folks donating fishing trips or businesses donating services or guys donating a cord of firewood off of their wood pile or whatever it is from the smallest thing to the biggest thing, can't thank you enough. To the folks who have generously bid on all this stuff without hesitation, thank you.
Through all the stupid BS drama that happens on here from time to time, events like this make me proud to be a part of this community and make me always willing to help however I can.
So from me...and I feel like I can speak for the rest of the HuntWa mods and admins, THANK YOU ALL for making this the best online hunting community on the web.

We've got a few more cool auctions to go and I'll roll them out in the next few days. Keep bidding and keep Keegan in your thoughts and your prayers.
Hopefully we never have to do this again for anyone, but if we do, I'll be here ready to kaboom away

:tup:

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Widgeondeke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
  • US Army Infantry 91-98
Re: Humbled.....
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 03:30:42 PM »
 :whoo:       :rockin:

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 03:31:02 PM »
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 03:34:48 PM »
Few good ones still coming to bid on......spending time with H20 on a wee little boat being forced to listen to my yammering....get ready to bid y'all! :tup:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 03:35:43 PM »
Few good ones still coming to bid on......spending time with H20 on a wee little boat being forced to listen to my yammering....get ready to bid y'all! :tup:

Right...the grand finale!!

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 03:38:41 PM »
And don't forget the Keegan 3d shoot in Granite Falls put on by D-rock425.

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,223148.0/topicseen.html

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 03:41:57 PM »
Very well put.  :tup:
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Gringo31

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 03:47:18 PM »
Few good ones still coming to bid on......spending time with H20 on a wee little boat being forced to listen to my yammering....get ready to bid y'all!

You know....this got me thinking.  Would it generate more funds if offers like the one quoted were set as a punishment for those who were outbid?  :dunno:

In all seriousness, Jackalope is right.  In some way we all benefit from this forum.  It's free to us to use as we please to be educated, entertained or to debate just about everything you can imagine.  It makes me proud to see this community pitching in during tough times to folks who were forced to deal with a tough situation.  Call it a silver lining to a very dark cloud?  Well......while we may be limited, sometimes in pitch black darkness, it's amazing how little of a light it takes to be able to find ones way.   :tup:
We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
-Ronald Reagan

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 03:53:20 PM »

:hello:
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 03:54:57 PM »

Trying desperately to come up with the right response to Gringo's post and I can't...I can't follow that up.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2018, 03:57:32 PM »
Wow.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Gringo31

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2018, 04:01:00 PM »
Trying desperately to come up with the right response to Gringo's post and I can't...I can't follow that up.

You mean the part about losing bidders have to spend time with H20 on a wee little boat being forced to listen to his yammering  :yike: :chuckle:
We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
-Ronald Reagan

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2018, 04:05:40 PM »

You mean the part about losing bidders have to spend time with H20 on a wee little boat being forced to listen to his yammering  :yike: :chuckle:
Yep, that's the part that got the wow out of me.  :chuckle:

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2018, 04:06:13 PM »
As much as i get frustrated with some stuff on here, there is a reason I keep hanging around.  Some of the finest humans I have ever come to know, I've met here.  Some of the most humbling moments have experienced in life how come from here as well.

I feel like a broken record when I say this but people for the most part are inherently good. People want to help and they want to give, they just need to be presented with an avenue to do it.  The huntwa family has truly blessed many families.  And I mean truly blessed!!!! 

Almost $14,000 was raised for Becky and the Kids after Aaron was killed.  That's a life changing sum of money when you are trying to move your life across the country.

I'm not positive where we are at on the Keegan stuff but I know we are north of $15,000.  That is life changing money when you have to take care of a sick child 24/7 but still need to make house payments and car payments and all the other expenses in life. More than the money the Peace of Mind that one gets from such generosity cuz the greatest gift of all.

I can say with 100% certainty that just the fact that people care so much it means more to these families than any of Mount of money raised. Knowing people care is a great treasure.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2018, 04:08:18 PM »
I have a special mankini that I wear for luck.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]