collapse

Advertisement

Poll

Do you support this bill?

Yes
No

Author Topic: HB 2859 Would Break-Up WDFW Into Two Agencies  (Read 3406 times)

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
Re: HB 2859 Would Break-Up WDFW Into Two Agencies
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2018, 10:37:42 AM »
Instead of one screwed up agency we could have two!
Yeah, the fishing crowd kind of tempers down the make up of the commission.  If there were two commissions, you wouldn't get the fishermen that are part time hunters on there.  Probably more CNW, DoW, Sierra Clubbers.

Offline timberfaller

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2018, 10:40:54 AM »
"Instead of one screwed up agency we could have two!"  :tup:

BUT one would NOT get any of the Pittman/Robertson money!!! :tup:
The only good tree, is a stump!

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2018, 10:47:41 AM »
Game Agencies all across American have always been very envious of the Missouri Department of Conservation.  Many years ago they passed a conservation sales tax.   The conservation sales tax more than pays for itself. The 1/8 of 1 percent sales tax returns almost five times the dollars in state and local taxes alone.  The MDC is one of the best funded Departments in the US....or at least they used to be.  Might be something to consider for this state and it's funding for Fish and Game.

Now that’s a tax I could get behind, if it all went to WDFW. But hey who am kidding it all go to wolf, cougar, coyote, and bear recovery.
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline B4noon

• Hunter
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2018, 01:59:15 PM »
If we had a Game department with game being the focus there is a way to bring in additional funding through enforcement violations.  These now go through the local courts and get tossed due to lack of bench time with all the domestics and driving infractions courts are back logged beyond their ability plus when restitution is paid it doesn't go straight to the agency.  If we create a fish and wildlife court system which would handle only fish and game violations not only would they get prosecuted instead of tossed  which would lower the offense rate when they are found guilty make them write the check back to the agency to pay not only the court cost but the cost to the resource.

Offline bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2018, 02:32:18 PM »
I agree with Karl Blanchard, I know I have sounded like a broken record in numerous other posts stating the whole reason things are screwed up in this state or at least a big reason is because its not the "GAME DEPARTMENT" anymore, I go back to the 60,s when I started hunting, my history is mostly in the Methow, but our "game"was the priority. Since they became WDFW the actual "game animals"are not a top priority as they were, too many irons in the fire, too many special interest groups to cater to etc. etc. We need a GAME DEPARTMENT again to represent the GAME that we pursue and pay license fees etc. for... :twocents:

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2018, 11:12:52 PM »
The WDFW can't keep their lies straight now, how will 2 agencies be able to do that. Sealions need to be shot, just like wolves do.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline police women of America

• Women's Board
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2018, 07:32:16 PM »
If we had a Game department with game being the focus there is a way to bring in additional funding through enforcement violations.  These now go through the local courts and get tossed due to lack of bench time with all the domestics and driving infractions courts are back logged beyond their ability plus when restitution is paid it doesn't go straight to the agency.  If we create a fish and wildlife court system which would handle only fish and game violations not only would they get prosecuted instead of tossed  which would lower the offense rate when they are found guilty make them write the check back to the agency to pay not only the court cost but the cost to the resource.
Great point. They could make so much more money if there was a more effective way to prosecute poachers. And maybe then they'd actually be deterred from doing it. Although I am a little weary about DFW having their own kind of court system, but I guess it would be fine as long as it was only for fines.
Hi, my name is Josie

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal