collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wolf poacher fined in Pend Oreille County  (Read 19789 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: Wolf poacher fined in Pend Oreille County
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2018, 07:27:02 PM »
What was the fine for Boefung for selling numious  deer, elk and such?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2018, 07:38:20 PM »
I care about someone killing a wolf about the same as I'd care about someone killing a child molester. Yes, both are illegal, but who cares? I admit I'm selfish, I want less wolves and more deer and elk for me. This guy who killed the wolves, IMO the only thing he did wrong is getting caught. If wolves truly were an endangered species I'd feel different. But they're certainly not endangered, look how many they have in Canada just north of our border, not to mention Idaho.
I feel the same. Wolves aren't even endangered where those wolves were killed (eastern third of Washington). The Fed's delisted them.  The fact that they are listed by the state as endangered is a farce.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline chiwawadan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2018, 11:43:12 AM »
It's legit, don't know if it'll happen but there is steam behind the motion.   I think you'll see something very soon, something that will be all over the media.

What? Is this just internal hope talking or can you spill some beans on something? Is a rogue city council member planning a non-violent takeover?  :chuckle:

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2018, 02:15:38 PM »
I think all the wolf lovers on here, should rent a bus or 5 and come over and actually see what a wolf does. You may change your minds.

I'd really like to know how many have actually seen a wolf in the wild. I've asked this before and get some plausible answers, but don't believe all answers.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Southpole

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2018, 02:41:06 PM »
I think all the wolf lovers on here, should rent a bus or 5 and come over and actually see what a wolf does. You may change your minds.

I'd really like to know how many have actually seen a wolf in the wild. I've asked this before and get some plausible answers, but don't believe all answers.
Wolves work for Blue Buffalo dog food company, they look super cool doing it too, and get paid with dog food, so they really don't kill and eat other animals...
$5 is a lot of money if you ain't got it

Offline mdbuck5x5

• Longhunter
« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2018, 02:55:23 PM »

Wolves work for Blue Buffalo dog food company, they look super cool doing it too, and get paid with dog food, so they really don't kill and eat other animals...

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: Ain't that something!

Offline Southpole

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2018, 03:20:22 PM »

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: Ain't that something!
True story  8)
$5 is a lot of money if you ain't got it

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2018, 05:15:24 PM »
I care about someone killing a wolf about the same as I'd care about someone killing a child molester. Yes, both are illegal, but who cares? I admit I'm selfish, I want less wolves and more deer and elk for me. This guy who killed the wolves, IMO the only thing he did wrong is getting caught. If wolves truly were an endangered species I'd feel different. But they're certainly not endangered, look how many they have in Canada just north of our border, not to mention Idaho.

Did you get off your huntwa moderator meds?   Lol.  I can agree with some of what you said.  I’m about as law abiding as they come when hunting.  Sometimes I worry too much about things and I’ve missed opportunities at big game cause I just wasn’t sure if something was legal in the state I was hunting in.

However, I would 100% never turn in someone who shot a wolf.  When the government isn’t listening to the people, eventually the people decide what is right, and what is wrong.  Shoot a wolf in front of me, I’ll smile, give a nod, and continue on with my day.

So you’re saying you’re fine with laws being broken as long as someone else is doing the law breaking?
:chuckle:

You're funny.   

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2018, 05:36:55 PM »
I don't usually jump in on wolf threads but I have an honest "biology" question concerning the original post:

Is it possible that 20 "packs" can have only 10 "breeding pairs"?

As I understand wolf biology, a "pack" has an alpha male and an alpha female, and only those two are allowed to breed.  Are there wolf packs that have non-breeding alphas? 
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2018, 05:40:30 PM »

I've never seen one. Reallistically speaking, not many people can say they have. I had them howling around me in the LPO refuge a few years back but never saw them.
That's all I got.
How many have you seen in the wild?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Jake Dogfish

• Frontiersman
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2018, 06:10:16 PM »

I've never seen one. Reallistically speaking, not many people can say they have. I had them howling around me in the LPO refuge a few years back but never saw them.
That's all I got.
How many have you seen in the wild?

I’ve never seen a wolf lover either.  ;)
I read about one in a book by Jack London once.
Environmentalist Fundamentalist

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2018, 06:27:46 PM »
Had them around me a couple times, in the dark at camp and packing meat out. Howling both times.  The sourounded my dad in Idaho when he was cow calling, scared the crap out of him. I saw one last spring bear hunting, my hunting partner missed one two years ago.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2018, 07:15:16 PM »
I've seen 7, all in the Inslee State..........
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline BUTTER

• Scout
« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2018, 07:49:51 PM »
Go Fund Me Account started?

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #104 on: January 30, 2018, 11:08:29 AM »
I don't usually jump in on wolf threads but I have an honest "biology" question concerning the original post:

Is it possible that 20 "packs" can have only 10 "breeding pairs"?

As I understand wolf biology, a "pack" has an alpha male and an alpha female, and only those two are allowed to breed.  Are there wolf packs that have non-breeding alphas?

If you are referring to the terms as used in WA wolf management, the difference is that a pack consists of more than one wolf, a breeding pair is not considered a breeding pair until they have at least two offspring that survive until the end of the year.

(I haven't reviewed those terms in a while so I may be a wolf or two off, but I'm close)
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]