collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2018 Washington Wild Sheep Foundation Banquet and Auction  (Read 24848 times)

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
Re: 2018 Washington Wild Sheep Foundation Banquet and Auction
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2018, 07:20:37 PM »
I think its pretty sad that this has turned into an online conspiracy .. The people who have put more time and effort that anyone get unbelievably lucky and now its being discussed in front of the whole world that some people feel it was an inside job..? Nobody wants to win those sheep hunts more than me and did I shake my head and think wow that is next to impossible,  but like everyone else in the room I watched them blind draw the winners including someone who wasn't present that could have won.. Sure go ahead and nicely present your ideas of change to the board via email or phone call but to call them out for an inside job on here is rude . ..
Your completely wrong, I want to win one of those hunts more than you!  😁I don’t see anyone saying it’s a conspiracy, I see people looking at the odds of what happened and wondering how that could happen.  You could do that draw over a million times and not get the same results. I don’t feel anyone is more deserving of a less than one draw than the other.  It was a great night and I look forward to it every year, I don’t think we should take it personall that people question what happens when the circumstances were what they are.  I do think we should be putting our own names in the hat, like before, and if someone is in charge of putting all the names in, maybe they shouldn’t be in the draw?  Just a thought.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2018, 07:23:12 PM »
im going moose hunting and have a nice bench to sit on! :tup:
our table was the best!!  😜. It was great to hang with you and Chris!

Offline scree

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2018, 07:24:23 PM »
First and foremost thanks to everyone that came and supported WA WSF last night. It was a great night and we raised some good money for wild sheep.  I am proud of our membership! 

Now let me address Tammy winning both sheep hunts.  First, she has been a life member for a very long time.  Her life member number is below 100 and we are now pushing 500.  She has been in every life member drawing we have had since we started giving away sheep hunts.  Also that entire time she had been a VOLUNTEER in our membership booth where the tickets are kept. Over the years she has volunteered hundreds of hours of her time for the betterment of our organization.  Is it possible that she could have put her name in there multiple times? Yes possible,  but she did NOT.  For the good of the order, and because I knew this was going to be a hot topic, Board Member Joe Hill and I went thru both tumblers this morning (which were kept under lock and key with only Joe having access) low and behold her name was not in either tumbler....because her name had been removed during the drawing. 

Organizationally, why would we want this to happen?  How could we possibly benefit?  We don't want it to happen (with anyone, we would rather spread the wealth) and we don't benefit. 

Luck, good or bad can not be controlled.  I have spent way more than I would like to admit on raffles. The last time I won anything of value was 2007....just my bad luck; odds say I should have won something by now.     

Impossible odds?  No, just extremely bad odds, but none the less it happened.  It could have happened to anyone with their name in both tumblers, same odds of it happening. 

And as for her husband being on stage, he was not on stage during the life member drawing, only the little girl (who has no relation to Tammy) who drew Glen and I.  He may have been on stage during the Beginner's Luck drawing; I don't recall, but even if he was, it does not change anything. He did not draw the winner, that was done by Don Martin, of Ultima Thule outfitters.   

If anyone would like to have a conversation to discuss it further I am always happy to talk.

Andy Kelso
President WA WSF           

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2018, 07:36:35 PM »
First and foremost thanks to everyone that came and supported WA WSF last night. It was a great night and we raised some good money for wild sheep.  I am proud of our membership! 

Now let me address Tammy winning both sheep hunts.  First, she has been a life member for a very long time.  Her life member number is below 100 and we are now pushing 500.  She has been in every life member drawing we have had since we started giving away sheep hunts.  Also that entire time she had been a VOLUNTEER in our membership booth where the tickets are kept. Over the years she has volunteered hundreds of hours of her time for the betterment of our organization.  Is it possible that she could have put her name in there multiple times? Yes possible,  but she did NOT.  For the good of the order, and because I knew this was going to be a hot topic, Board Member Joe Hill and I went thru both tumblers this morning (which were kept under lock and key with only Joe having access) low and behold her name was not in either tumbler....because her name had been removed during the drawing. 

Organizationally, why would we want this to happen?  How could we possibly benefit?  We don't want it to happen (with anyone, we would rather spread the wealth) and we don't benefit. 

Luck, good or bad can not be controlled.  I have spent way more than I would like to admit on raffles. The last time I won anything of value was 2007....just my bad luck; odds say I should have won something by now.     

Impossible odds?  No, just extremely bad odds, but none the less it happened.  It could have happened to anyone with their name in both tumblers, same odds of it happening. 

And as for her husband being on stage, he was not on stage during the life member drawing, only the little girl (who has no relation to Tammy) who drew Glen and I.  He may have been on stage during the Beginner's Luck drawing; I don't recall, but even if he was, it does not change anything. He did not draw the winner, that was done by Don Martin, of Ultima Thule outfitters.   

If anyone would like to have a conversation to discuss it further I am always happy to talk.

Andy Kelso
President WA WSF         
Well said sir.  I agree with everthing yo u said.  Congrats to everyone who went.  Rember it us all about conservation people.  Winning something is just a bonus.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Whitpirate

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2018, 08:36:02 PM »
The woman who won both Dall sheep hunts is the wife of the Vice President of the Washington Wild Sheep foundation.
umm,

You were sitting right by me... You know it ain't fixed.  Damn the luck.  There is always a shot next year.  The gal deserves it.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2018, 09:03:36 PM »
The woman who won both Dall sheep hunts is the wife of the Vice President of the Washington Wild Sheep foundation.
umm,

You were sitting right by me... You know it ain't fixed.  Damn the luck.  There is always a shot next year.  The gal deserves it.
I don’t think it was rigged, I don’t blame people questioning the draw, the odds are truly very slim.  My wife wants to know what that resturant is called in Venice that has that risotto??

Offline Tjv28

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Scout
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2018, 09:38:26 PM »
I’m just saying it doesn’t look good for the organization... I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a drop off next year

Offline Whitpirate

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2018, 09:39:29 PM »
umm,

I don’t think it was rigged, I don’t blame people questioning the draw, the odds are truly very slim.  My wife wants to know what that resturant is called in Venice that has that risotto??

https://www.daromano.it/

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2018, 06:39:40 AM »
I’m just saying it doesn’t look good for the organization... I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a drop off next year

Absolutely!!
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2018, 07:42:02 AM »
Well that sucks.  Luck of the draw.   :dunno:   I didn't win anything at our RMEF Banquet, and know several other committee members that put more than their share in that didn't.  I was 1st loser on the 300 Blackout, for a $20 gift certificate.   :cryriver:  We ended up getting a ticket tumbler to minimize the speculation.
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Online JoeE

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2018, 08:29:32 AM »
Wa WSF has a ticket tumbler. My problem is that nobody saw who’s ticket went into the tumbler like in past years and the person with control of the tickets and tumbler won both hunts.

Anyway, no use beating a dead horse. The WSF committee said it was on the up and up so it must be. On the surface, what happened at that banquet looks beyond shady. It’ll be interesting to see what happens at future banquets and if there is a drop off in participation. A lot of people left pretty irritated the other night.

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2018, 08:38:46 AM »
So if there's a drop for next year's banquet and I join this year my odds will be pretty good for one of the draws right? :chuckle:
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline Whitpirate

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2018, 02:59:19 PM »
Both Plat!  Come sit with us... we're fun.

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2018, 03:40:20 PM »
I thought one draw is for 1st timers that have not harvested a sheep and other was for everyone in General?
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2018, 04:09:05 PM »
True, the first drawing is for anyone who has never killed a sheep before, bought a $50.00 shirt and were members of wash wild Sheep.  The 2nd draw is for Washington wild Sheep life members, and you must be present.  The first drawing is called the less than one club, it is not guaranteed that they have that drawing every year, we’ve had it the past few years due to very generous donations.  It may or may not happen, we usually find out later in the year. But your out, no less than one for you Plat!!! 😜 you should go next year, it’s damn fun. And with coach at your table, you know you’ll get balloons at your table!!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand