collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Washington House committee OKs bill to move wolves  (Read 14263 times)

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
Re: Washington House committee OKs bill to move wolves
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2018, 09:17:52 AM »
Evidently some Representative thought that making their problem ALSO someone else's problem a good idea. However their is not near the cattle ranches on the west side as is on the east. Not to say they wont cause an issue with the dairy farms. Maybe they(Rep) figure the relocation will get those breeding pair numbers to match their objective so management of the wolves can occur. I doubt it will happen but you know the tree hugging groups are good with spreading their much prized wolves population across Wa. It only pushes us closer to their desire to end hunting here.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2018, 09:20:55 AM »
"Management" of wolves is just a nice way of saying "killing" wolves, correct? We all know killing wolves will never happen, especially in western Washington, with the only exception being individual wolves when they kill or attack a person.

Offline HighCountryHunter88

• Sourdough
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2018, 09:42:08 AM »
not to mention if we did get the opportunity to kill wolves on the west side, it will be very difficult to do in this jungle. wolves are not dumb critters. The Colville's have had a hunt the past few years and i dont think they've killed one on the books yet despite knowing a good number of guys that have been trying.
-Matt

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2018, 10:09:00 AM »
If they move them they will not go to any populated area. You're dreaming if you think this will stick it to Seattleites.
The greenies will love this as they have been crying the Peninsula needs wolves for years and that's the first place they will go. The other place is likely the Willapa hills or maybe North R.. Any place in the Cascades will be out as the wolves are already moving in so a waste of money.
To top it all off I doubt this will speed up delisting but what it will do is send more hunters to the eastside. So you'll lose a handful of wolves which will be made up for with new pups and you will gain a few thousand more orange vests.
We have already gained a few thousand hunters over the past few years from the wet side , They have already made hunting on public land crapy, so send them,i will welcome more hunters any day of the week instead of wolves :twocents:

Here is my predicted scenario.
Next time there are problem wolves in the NE instead of killing a few they get moved west. Your comment seems to imply you think it is an either or situation, wolves or more hunters. You will have more of both.
I don't want them as I can well understand you do not. This will speed up the spreading of the pain but will it actually mean any kind of chance for anyone to reduce the wolf population in a specific area. I do not think so.
For one I have doubts about ever getting to hunt wolves even after they are delisted which I foresee being a long time. But lets say we do get a hunting season. It has been proven wolf hunting alone cannot reduce or even contain the population increase of wolves. Does anyone think we will get a trapping season? I'd love that but be realistic, this is the State of Seattle.
Also I think some of the eastsiders are oblivious to how dire ungulate populations are already in many parts of W WA. One of the reasons so many go east. More wolves will just exacerbate that.
It's all downhill from here my friends, just a question of how steep the slide is.
No not a either or situation ,already have plenty of both hunters and wolves alike,i don't think a few more could hurt anything now.Its just time to spread the love around,my prediction is that if we get enough wolves on the wet side tearing into cattle livestock,pets,and wildlife ,just maybe we will see a better management plan.
I seriously doubt it.  The only way you're going to see better management plan is to form the new state of Liberty.  Greeny groups aren't going to let WDFW control the wolves.  I'm guessing their is going to be an initiative on the ballot when time gets near per the wolf plan, and the initiative is going to be way worse than just protecting wolves.  And the libs will pass it.

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Old Salt
    • Washington State Trappers Association
  • Groups: WSTA, NTA, FTA, OTA, WWC, WFW, NRA
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2018, 11:01:28 AM »
I would just point out that even if the impossible happens and wolves are State delisted and the most wide open wolf season were opened up :rolleyes: they would still be Federally listed in 2/3rds of the State. What has to happen to get them Federally delisted? So far Congressional action is the only thing that has worked.
Anybody recall who our Senators are and hazard a guess on when that will happen?
About the same time Minnesota wolves get delisted again I guess. I see they have 508 packs or about 2800 wolves.
Bruce Vandervort

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2018, 11:05:32 AM »
"Management" of wolves is just a nice way of saying "killing" wolves, correct? We all know killing wolves will never happen, especially in western Washington, with the only exception being individual wolves when they kill or attack a person.

Probably will but only after multiple attacks on humans and the attacks will happen eventually.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2018, 11:15:15 AM »
HT brings up a good point. "Management" could only occur in the NE where the feds had delisted... however you would still need state approval, and work through all the lawsuits that are sure to come.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2018, 11:27:53 AM »
I am ALL FIR bringing them to the wet side, put them EVERYWHERE !! That way when mama and daddy tree huggn wolf lover go out on a little picanic with their 1000 dollars shirts and shorts and flip flops gets chewed on and crapped out they will realize that they possibly made an error in judgment of these fury cute defenseless creatures that only prey  on the sick and old !!! Be a fitting picanic for a pro wolfer don't ya think 😊😊😊😊😊
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2018, 11:56:13 AM »
When fluffy, insert any little fat lap dog breed you like, gets eaten the reaction will be a game changer.  If 70+% support wolves now it could fall below half in a week and continue down as the problem expands.  Move them to satisfy the wolf plan.  It will do nothing to help the people in the northeast initially but could be positive as we move forward.

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2018, 12:00:49 PM »
When not if they start eating fluffy you make sure the News agencies put it on the top news stories Publicize it!!
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Old Salt
    • Washington State Trappers Association
  • Groups: WSTA, NTA, FTA, OTA, WWC, WFW, NRA
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2018, 12:29:14 PM »
I am ALL FIR bringing them to the wet side, put them EVERYWHERE !! That way when mama and daddy tree huggn wolf lover go out on a little picanic with their 1000 dollars shirts and shorts and flip flops gets chewed on and crapped out they will realize that they possibly made an error in judgment of these fury cute defenseless creatures that only prey  on the sick and old !!! Be a fitting picanic for a pro wolfer don't ya think 😊😊😊😊😊
When the Seattle tree hugger family go on vacation we all now they head over the pass. Be better to move the wolves to Moses lake. :chuckle:
Bruce Vandervort

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2018, 02:12:23 PM »
I haven't seen this mentioned yet , But we all know this is about wdfw killing the profanity pack,or killing packs of wolves in northeast , the wolf groups,antihunters all in a up roar with wdfw about killing wolves.So now we just move them.

If they want wolves more than they want cougars maybe they WILL increase the cougar quotas. For one, cougars and wolves compete for the same food. And two, cougars kill wolves. Better reduce the cougar population if they want wolves to have a chance of making it on the west side.  :tup:
They want the cougars and wolves to replace us.  It's similar to the way they manage fisheries.

This whole thread is about hunters turning on each other.  Think archery/muzzy/modern season dates and debates, putting apples out, using dogs in the field, crossbows.  Hunter399 posts are just another example of that.  In a lot of ways, we are a lousy, rag tag group and our own worst enemies. 

I think it's interesting to hear people who complained and continue to complain about wolves in their areas advocating the state spend a bunch of money on relocation so more people can be infected with these vermin. It's only fair? So if my area has a virulent flu epidemic it's only fair I come to your town and give it to everyone there? I live on the west side for work. Not everyone over here is a left leaning granola eater that thinks wolves are sacred. If anyone really thinks doing this will speed up delisting I think you are kidding yourself. Everyone I know thought it was a bad idea to put this species of wolf in Yellowstone in the 90s. Now hunters are saying relocate them to more area?. They are beginning to move across the mountains anyway. I see a time when all elk hunting in this state will be draw only. Why accelerate that process? Based on this logic maybe we should take criminals who have preyed on people over here and drop them off in eastern Wa.so they can be someone else's problem.
Your mixing apples and oranges and over exaggerating.
Of course I was overexaggerating. I just was hoping someone would see how ridiculous it ALL sounds. Thank you for reading it. My point was making your problem someone elses problem too might make you feel better, but it doesn't solve the problem. Do people in NE Wa., believe this is going to solve the issue? I have a difficult time believing they would be that naive. If the point is just to make everyone else eat a turd sandwich because you have to eat one, well that's not very nice.

As far me being against hunters , and the other comment pretty much that northeast Washington should just eat a turd sandwiches , just take one for the team, cause it's not just northeast problem it's gonna be a whole state problem.When there in your backyard,trailcams,hunting areas,ect,I think maybe you will start to feel different .I'm  happy a little that they might move some wolves to the west,YA!.we all live in the state of Washington and we can eat that turd sandwiches together,and all take one for the team.

I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2018, 02:26:04 PM »
When the Seattle tree hugger family go on vacation we all now they head over the pass. Be better to move the wolves to Moses lake. :chuckle:
:yeah: that to 😊
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Offline Eric M

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Sourdough
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2018, 03:06:17 PM »
I haven't seen this mentioned yet , But we all know this is about wdfw killing the profanity pack,or killing packs of wolves in northeast , the wolf groups,antihunters all in a up roar with wdfw about killing wolves.So now we just move them.

If they want wolves more than they want cougars maybe they WILL increase the cougar quotas. For one, cougars and wolves compete for the same food. And two, cougars kill wolves. Better reduce the cougar population if they want wolves to have a chance of making it on the west side.  :tup:
They want the cougars and wolves to replace us.  It's similar to the way they manage fisheries.

This whole thread is about hunters turning on each other.  Think archery/muzzy/modern season dates and debates, putting apples out, using dogs in the field, crossbows.  Hunter399 posts are just another example of that.  In a lot of ways, we are a lousy, rag tag group and our own worst enemies. 

I think it's interesting to hear people who complained and continue to complain about wolves in their areas advocating the state spend a bunch of money on relocation so more people can be infected with these vermin. It's only fair? So if my area has a virulent flu epidemic it's only fair I come to your town and give it to everyone there? I live on the west side for work. Not everyone over here is a left leaning granola eater that thinks wolves are sacred. If anyone really thinks doing this will speed up delisting I think you are kidding yourself. Everyone I know thought it was a bad idea to put this species of wolf in Yellowstone in the 90s. Now hunters are saying relocate them to more area?. They are beginning to move across the mountains anyway. I see a time when all elk hunting in this state will be draw only. Why accelerate that process? Based on this logic maybe we should take criminals who have preyed on people over here and drop them off in eastern Wa.so they can be someone else's problem.
Your mixing apples and oranges and over exaggerating.
Of course I was overexaggerating. I just was hoping someone would see how ridiculous it ALL sounds. Thank you for reading it. My point was making your problem someone elses problem too might make you feel better, but it doesn't solve the problem. Do people in NE Wa., believe this is going to solve the issue? I have a difficult time believing they would be that naive. If the point is just to make everyone else eat a turd sandwich because you have to eat one, well that's not very nice.

As far me being against hunters , and the other comment pretty much that northeast Washington should just eat a turd sandwiches , just take one for the team, cause it's not just northeast problem it's gonna be a whole state problem.When there in your backyard,trailcams,hunting areas,ect,I think maybe you will start to feel different .I'm  happy a little that they might move some wolves to the west,YA!.we all live in the state of Washington and we can eat that turd sandwiches together,and all take one for the team.
I didn't say NE Wa. should eat a turd sandwich. I was saying you are already eating one. Why do you want everyone to have to? If wolves move across the mountains of their own accord, which they already are, that's one thing. Spending our tax dollars to make it happen is just ridiculous. Everyone bitched about the wolves being set loose in Yellowstone. Hunters and outfitters knew it was a bad idea. Now hunters are advocating it happen again in our own state? It boggles my mind.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2018, 03:10:27 PM »
I didn't say NE Wa. should eat a turd sandwich. I was saying you are already eating one. Why do you want everyone to have to? If wolves move across the mountains of their own accord, which they already are, that's one thing. Spending our tax dollars to make it happen is just ridiculous. Everyone bitched about the wolves being set loose in Yellowstone. Hunters and outfitters knew it was a bad idea. Now hunters are advocating it happen again in our own state? It boggles my mind.

:yeah:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand