Other Activities > Equestrian & Livestock

Animal disposal

(1/6) > >>

Chase2008:
Have a sick ewe that I can't get to eat. Dewormed, antibiotics, probiotics, nutrients, etc. whatever I could think of. Even saw a blog post about giving her a beer. Didn't work. Probably need to put her down this weekend unless she makes a big turn around.

But I have a small area and no where to bury or compost. First time in this situation.

So the question is. How and where to I dispose of her if she has to go down?

Mfowl:
Try to give it to a place that keeps big cats, wolves, bears etc. Like an animal shelter/rescue place. They are always looking for freebies.

jackmaster:

--- Quote from: Chase2008 on February 12, 2018, 07:49:26 PM ---Have a sick ewe that I can't get to eat. Dewormed, antibiotics, probiotics, nutrients, etc. whatever I could think of. Even saw a blog post about giving her a beer. Didn't work. Probably need to put her down this weekend unless she makes a big turn around.

But I have a small area and no where to bury or compost. First time in this situation.

So the question is. How and where to I dispose of her if she has to go down?

--- End quote ---
does she have constant runs? Have you tried pedialyte ? Buy some charcoal and see if she will eat it or burnt wood, with heavy coal on it!!

jackelope:

--- Quote from: Mfowl on February 12, 2018, 07:55:23 PM ---Try to give it to a place that keeps big cats, wolves, bears etc. Like an animal shelter/rescue place. They are always looking for freebies.

--- End quote ---

They won’t take potentially sick animals unless they’ve been diagnosed and know they’re safe to feed to their animals.

jackelope:
Is she drinking?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version