collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Stolen Springfield XDs .45acp  (Read 10147 times)

Offline scottr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
Re: Stolen Springfield XDs .45acp
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2022, 04:37:12 PM »
After 4 years, today this gun was returned to me by the Federal Way Police Dept. after a known felon was arrested with the gun back in May of 2021.  Happy to have it off the streets and will be selling it to fund something fun.

Glad you got your gun back.

Any idea what happened to the "known felon caught with the gun"?

I assume he is back on the streets. It is just with Jaydolf signing all this tough on gun legislation in to law the other day, I am wondering if prosecutors are actually trying to lock up actual criminals or just make new ones out of law abiding citizens?

They are prosecuting. Person has a pretty long rap sheet and it wasn't their first time getting caught with a stolen gun so there's a good chance they'll be doing some significant time. As I understand they got beat up by some people at a party, went back to the party later with the gun, brandished and let off a few rounds into the ground. Fortunately no one was hurt.

Offline ASHQUACK

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2022, 04:39:34 PM »
Just making new felons. I know of one guy who was arrested three times in 3 days for felon in possession of a stolen firearm. He was back on the street in less time than it took to write the reports.

Offline full choke

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2022, 04:52:57 PM »
After 4 years, today this gun was returned to me by the Federal Way Police Dept. after a known felon was arrested with the gun back in May of 2021.  Happy to have it off the streets and will be selling it to fund something fun.

Glad you got your gun back.

Any idea what happened to the "known felon caught with the gun"?

I assume he is back on the streets. It is just with Jaydolf signing all this tough on gun legislation in to law the other day, I am wondering if prosecutors are actually trying to lock up actual criminals or just make new ones out of law abiding citizens?

They are prosecuting. Person has a pretty long rap sheet and it wasn't their first time getting caught with a stolen gun so there's a good chance they'll be doing some significant time. As I understand they got beat up by some people at a party, went back to the party later with the gun, brandished and let off a few rounds into the ground. Fortunately no one was hurt.

Hopefully it sticks this time.

My issue is highlighted.

Jaydolf and Sideshow Bob say they want to be tough on gun violence- but every action of the prosecutors says otherwise.

A convicted felon caught in possession of a firearm should not be a multiple offense.

Sorry to side track your thread I am just venting.
"If you think our wars over oil are bad, wait until we are fighting over water..."

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]