collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Urgent! Gun Control  (Read 1467 times)

Offline hookr88

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Urgent! Gun Control
« on: March 01, 2018, 01:23:13 PM »
Call the following number, 1-800-562-6000 and let your Washington Senator and Representatives hear your voice about the latest  gun control measures coming up for a vote. You will get alive person and they will verify who you are and where you live. Tell them you want your reps to vote no or yes, hopefully no. CALL TODAY!

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Urgent! Gun Control
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 10:06:07 AM »
I didn't know about this number before. Thanks.  :tup:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline The Real Sisu

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 10:25:31 AM »
I sent two emails last night. Murkowski and Sullivan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake we must not interrupt him too soon.

Offline labsetters

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Pilgrim
  • Groups: PF, NRA,
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 08:27:19 PM »
This bill is not dead.

Today it passed the last committee hurdle and will progress to the Floor Calendar. It passed out of committee on unaminous party line vote, as the Dems on the committe outnumber the Republicans.

It appears that the actual intent of this bill is to eventually outlaw guns, if you read the verbage, it could make lawful gun owners and gun dealers criminals/felons in certain circumstances (they let illegals vote, but do you think they will let a know felon vote?). A requirement will be that if someone attempts to purchase a gun which falls under some of the limiting criteria of the bill, you give "Them"-state agencies/law enforcement/DSHS etc the authority to to review your medical history/records and any other pertinent history they wish to review, in order to "process" your application. Not sure how this will meet HIPPAA or other privacy guidelines, but they have written it in as a waiver of your rights when you attempt to purchase one of their "bad" guns.

They refuse to go after the criminals/gangs/illegals with guns, so their target now appears to be lawful citizens.

Further information may be found on the Washington State Legislature website. Look for SB 6620-2017-18. SB stands for Substitute Bill, as this is at least the second attempt/rewrite of this bill, which now has the emphasis of "saving the children" with the draconian gun/ownership limits added. If you really want to get your blood boiling, check out pages 19-20, sections 16, 17 and 18 of SB 6620.

There is also a thread on this topic running on the Outdoor Advocacy and Agencies forum.

Check out SB 6620, make your own judgement, and contact your state representatives.

Offline Calvin Rayborn

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, ATA Gold-Card Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 09:46:51 PM »
Call the following number, 1-800-562-6000 and let your Washington Senator and Representatives hear your voice about the latest  gun control measures coming up for a vote. You will get alive person and they will verify who you are and where you live. Tell them you want your reps to vote no or yes, hopefully no. CALL TODAY!

The ILA branch of the NRA does that for me. Form letter is already completely typed-up - just add your personal touch and send automatically to your state representatives. Heard back from my legislators the following week!

Support the NRA!

Offline TVHunts

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+56)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA-RSO,RMEF,DU, Marysville Rifle Club
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 06:59:10 AM »
I sent two emails last night. Murkowski and Sullivan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contacted mine as well, morons....
MAGA