collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Washington: Anti-Gun Legislators Attempting to Revive Gun Control Bill  (Read 5483 times)

Online CP

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
Re: Washington: Anti-Gun Legislators Attempting to Revive Gun Control Bill
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2018, 06:55:18 PM »
I strongly encourge all to at least briefly scan this draconian bill. Please immediately contact your state representatives to ensure this bill never sees the light of day, as it seems clear to me that the ultimate intent is to eventually prevent anyone from purchasing or selling a gun in this state.

If anyone thinks I am incorrect or out of line with any of my interpretation of this proposed bill, please let me know.
The legislative session for 2018 ended today.

Good... 

Offline labsetters

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Pilgrim
  • Groups: PF, NRA,
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2018, 07:58:38 PM »
This bill is not done.

It passed on to the Rules Committee today according to the Washington State Legislature website. Looks like it passed along unanimous party lines (imagine that), with Dems outnumbering Republicans.

I also heard rumors that if it does not advance further, the author/co-author Sen Frockt from the 46th district (North Seattle, of course) is planning to throw it up for a last minute voice vote next week. In addition, if that fails, they plan to go for the voter initiative.

Keep your powder dry and contact your state representatives.

Offline olyguy79

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2018, 08:40:04 AM »
This bill is not done.

It passed on to the Rules Committee today according to the Washington State Legislature website. Looks like it passed along unanimous party lines (imagine that), with Dems outnumbering Republicans.

I also heard rumors that if it does not advance further, the author/co-author Sen Frockt from the 46th district (North Seattle, of course) is planning to throw it up for a last minute voice vote next week. In addition, if that fails, they plan to go for the voter initiative.

It is dead. The legislative session for new bills is over. Only bills affecting the budget can move forward. Additionally, bills from one house can not move to the other house past March 2.

They will have to introduce a new bill in January 2019.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2018, 08:44:01 AM »
This bill is not done.

It is dead. The legislative session for new bills is over. Only bills affecting the budget can move forward. Additionally, bills from one house can not move to the other house past March 2.

:yeah:

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2018, 06:29:52 AM »
This bill is not done.

...and 2020, and 2021, and...
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 08:16:45 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]