collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Can’t make this up  (Read 5160 times)

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: Can’t make this up
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2018, 09:36:00 PM »
what thread?

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2018, 09:42:09 PM »
what thread?

Clue, it starts with a “B”.  :chuckle:
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2018, 09:51:35 PM »
I'd just dump the whole thread in the trash if it's full of posts that violate forum rules, there's no way would I go though it all on my wages.

I'll go check a few pages worth, thanks for the heads up  :tup:   

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Explorer
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2018, 10:03:09 PM »
I'd just dump the whole thread in the trash if it's full of posts that violate forum rules, there's no way would I go though it all on my wages.

I'll go check a few pages worth, thanks for the heads up  :tup:

Have fun with that, it’s mostly implied, not said in facto words.
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2018, 10:07:46 PM »
 :chuckle:

:fishin:

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Explorer
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2018, 10:21:18 PM »
:chuckle:

:fishin:

All your gonna catch in that thread is s headache reading the endless facts about biggie.  ;) >:( >:(

Offline AL WORRELLS KID

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Sourdough
  • The Ancient of Days Lives
  • Groups: Washington State Trappers Association
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2018, 10:17:34 AM »
Having nearly been a victim myself once, I believe it.
[/quote]

Fast as I was under water that beaver left me in it's wake and disappeared in a hole in the bank just under the water.  I was glad it didn't climb on my head, so you can imagine what everyone say's when I tell that story over a beer.
[/quote]

KFhunter, You are fortunate it was a Beaver and not an Otter.

Otter attacks swimmers in Pilchuck River
Originally published August 1, 2014 at 9:16 pm

A river otter attacked an 8-year-old boy and his grandmother as they were swimming in the Pilchuck River at a park in the Snohomish County town of Machias.

The boy's mother, Tabitha Moser, told KING that she saw the 4-foot otter attack her son Thursday morning at Lake Connor Park. She says her mother saved him.

The grandmother was treated at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle and the boy at Providence Medical Center in Everett. The Everett Herald reported that the grandmother suffered a serious injury to the eye, and the boy needed stitches.

Moser says she heard her son screaming and saw the otter on top of his head. She says the otter continued to bite her mother as they left the water.

Moser says the otter stood on its hind legs and looked at them as if to say, "Don't come in here."

The paper reported that the otter was not captured.  A biologist told the paper that once an animal attacks a human it becomes "hard to justify setting it free again."

The Associated Press contributed to this report
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 10:12:37 AM by AL WORRELLS KID »
"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom." Theodore Roosevelt

Offline AL WORRELLS KID

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Sourdough
  • The Ancient of Days Lives
  • Groups: Washington State Trappers Association
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2018, 10:34:38 AM »
KFhunter, You may have had a different outcome, after reading this story........
By YURAS KARMANAUThe Associated Press
Wed., May 29, 2013
The fisherman wanted his photo shot with a beaver. The beaver had other ideas: It attacked the 60-year-old man with razor-sharp teeth, slicing an artery and causing him to bleed to death.

It was the most serious in a string of beaver attacks on humans in Belarus, as the rodents have turned increasingly aggressive when confronted by humans after wandering near homes, shops and schools.

“The character of the wound was totally shocking for us medical professionals,” recalled village doctor Leonty Sulim. “We had never run into anything like this before.”

Once hunted nearly to extinction in Europe, beavers have made a comeback as hunting was banned or restricted and new populations were introduced. In Belarus, a former Soviet nation between Russia and Poland, the beaver population has tripled in the past decade to an estimated 80,000, according to wildlife experts. That has caused beavers increasingly to wander into populated areas, creating more grounds for conflict.

The Belarusian emergency services said that this year, for the first time, they have received a rash of reports of aggression by beavers, which can weigh up to 30 kilograms and stand about a metre high. Officials have responded to some calls by sending out crews to drive away the animals, often by spraying them with water from a fire-hose.

The fisherman, who has not been named at the request of his family, was driving with friends toward the Shestakovskoye lake, west of the capital, Minsk, when he spotted the beaver along the side of the road and stopped the car. As he tried to grab the animal, it bit him several times. One of the bites hit a major artery in the leg, according to Sulim.

The man’s friends were unable to stop the blood from spouting, and he was pronounced dead when he arrived at Sulim’s clinic in the village of Ostromechevo.

He is the only person known to have died from a beaver attack in Belarus.

Wildlife experts attribute the upsurge in attacks partly to spring bringing about more aggressive behaviour in young beavers that are sent away to stake out their own territory. Largely nocturnal, beavers can also become disoriented during the daytime and attack out of fear, according to Viktor Kozlovsky, a wildlife expert.
"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom." Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2018, 10:41:10 AM »
There have been at least 2 cases of beaver with rabies in Virginia that attacked folks.
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2018, 10:54:15 AM »
So many one liners, so many past warnings from the moderators. But I must say, this happened to me at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Nuf said.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Explorer
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2018, 07:08:43 PM »
So many one liners, so many past warnings from the moderators. But I must say, this happened to me at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Nuf said.

Did you get Beaver feaver?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal