collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW raffles  (Read 13158 times)

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
Re: WDFW raffles
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2018, 09:08:42 AM »
One solution may be that the tickets get more expensive the more you buy

:dunno:

Now that is an awesome idea. First 10 5 bucks, next 10 they go up to 10 bucks, next 10 they go up to 15 bucks, and so forth. Wanna load the draw now big money boys lol Sure but every 10 tickets the price bumps up by 5 bucks.
I sent this idea to one of the permit team members, worth a shot.  I think it’s a good idea.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline meatwhack

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2018, 10:12:46 AM »
The guys with the cash to swing the draw won’t bat an eye at increasing the fee by $5 for every 10 tickets. If you’re already throwing 10k or more on raffle tickets what’s another grand. It’s still a lot cheaper for them than buying the governors tag. The only way to fix it for the average guy is limit the number of tickets each person can purchase but F&G will never do that because it’s money out of their pocket.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2018, 10:16:44 AM »
Limiting the number of entries is detrimental to the cause of the raffle.  Doubling or tripling the cost of entries with volume would make several thousand entries cost-comparable with auction tags. 

Offline X-Force

• Solo Hunter
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2018, 10:25:15 AM »

Now that is an awesome idea. First 10 5 bucks, next 10 they go up to 10 bucks, next 10 they go up to 15 bucks, and so forth. Wanna load the draw now big money boys lol Sure but every 10 tickets the price bumps up by 5 bucks.
I sent this idea to one of the permit team members, worth a shot.  I think it’s a good idea.

This whining is total bs. Put in for a raffle with 1 ticket and you will have better odds of drawing the raffle with the “points” you buy every year to draw an oil or even a covetted deer or elk permits. 
People get offended at nothing at all. So, speak your mind and be unapologetic.

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2018, 10:30:41 AM »
It's a raffle.  Leave it that way.   Sorry you millennials were promised you'd get everything you ever wanted, but welcome to the real world.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2018, 10:40:58 AM »
The idea of staggering the ticket prices has nothing to do with making it more fair, it will just raise more money.  The raffle isn’t going anywhere, I’m not trying or looking for ways to make it “fair”.

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2018, 10:48:22 AM »
The idea of staggering the ticket prices has nothing to do with making it more fair, it will just raise more money.  The raffle isn’t going anywhere, I’m not trying or looking for ways to make it “fair”.

How exactly will it raise more money?  Details please.

- If someone has X amount of dollars to spend on a raffle, that's what they're going to spend...

How will it not effect odds?   Again, details please.

- Will it not bring the # of chances per individual closer together if each person purchases the same dollar value of tickets as they did last year (thereby decreasing odds of the person with more money in the pot when comparing to last years odds)?

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2018, 10:59:56 AM »

How exactly will it raise more money?  Details please.

- If someone has X amount of dollars to spend on a raffle, that's what they're going to spend...

How will it not effect odds?   Again, details please.

- Will it not bring the # of chances per individual closer together if each person purchases the same dollar value of tickets as they did last year (thereby decreasing odds of the person with more money in the pot when comparing to last years odds)?
I think it will raise more money simply because it would cost more to buy tickets after a certain number. I think people would end up spending more to buy the same amount of tickets. Maybe less tickets would be sold, but I just don’t see odds changing much either way. I’m not a stats guy, I’m also not crying about fairness with the raffles, I just thought it was a good idea when someone mentioned it.

Offline LabChamp

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2018, 08:00:12 PM »

This whining is total bs. Put in for a raffle with 1 ticket and you will have better odds of drawing the raffle with the “points” you buy every year to draw an oil or even a covetted deer or elk permits.

Calling someomes point of view "bs" is supposed to make it all better? That's the typical "internet white knight" I know more than you do attitude.

Remember we are in this together and the more we raise, the more we all profit, period. All the guys that have unlimited funds won't care and will continue to do what they do.

If I have a chance, that's great imo. The whole system is a cash grab from the state pure and simple. I don't believe in putting a price tag on special opportunities that everyone should have a shot at. The point system is a scam, just like the raffle imo. All wildlife was here before man and their monetary values they placed on their heads. Therefore I don't believe any man, wether it be a native American, white guy, oriental, or African American is more "entitled" than the other. Same way I don't believe the amount of money you have should be a factor in being able to obtain these special privileges. Sorry but your skin color, beliefs, or money doesn't mean jack to me. And I can assume visa versa via your previous comment. That's what makes America great right? You get to stand up for what you believe in and that's ok. You have to learn how to respect others before you understand that though.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]