collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Proposal to eliminate harvesting of cow elk for archery hunters in 8 game units  (Read 18536 times)

Offline stackemup

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: WSB WWA
Not to mention they want to cut the bull tags in half in those units. Iv read the numbers for past years. Muzzy guys are the ones that are over on the resource allocations. So why are bow hunters getting the axe?

Offline gonehuntin68

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
Love how we have to lose cow hunts so the natives can have more. Good call Washington. Sounds fair.

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
Love how we have to lose cow hunts so the natives can have more. Good call Washington. Sounds fair.
Ignorant statement, but I have come to expect that from you in regards to native issues.  This is a political move, period! It has to do with pressures in Olympia not Yakama.  The agency and legislature are playing hunters like a fiddle. Divide and conquer user groups and alternative agendas are realized at a later date and time  (by some).

Offline buglebuster

• ELKOHOLIC
  • Frontiersman
I find it comical on this website. Everyone complains that the wdfw isn’t managing properly, then when they do something right for a change everyone complains lol

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
I find it comical on this website. Everyone complains that the wdfw isn’t managing properly, then when they do something right for a change everyone complains lol
isn’t that the truth
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
Bugle, I  disagree.  This move is without representation or justification.  Did you read thie comments on the proposal? It's not just on this site where this move is questionable at best. 

Offline Limhangerslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
:yeah: numbers are down, protect the cows.  Pretty simple concept.  I'd say get over it.

Offline mfswallace

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
Ignorant statement, but I have come to expect that from you in regards to native issues.  This is a political move, period! It has to do with pressures in Olympia not Yakama.  The agency and legislature are playing hunters like a fiddle. Divide and conquer user groups and alternative agendas are realized at a later date and time  (by some).

So you're saying tribal hunters will be limited to less cows as well  by this move?  I agree with less harvest to help the herds but if it isn't across the board and without serious predator control what's the point :dunno:

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
Perfect example for the need for a "like" button in the forum.
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
:yeah: numbers are down, protect the cows.  Pretty simple concept.  I'd say get over it.
It's not protect the cows.  They will have a second straight year of cow harvest in the hundreds (unreported by your management agency). Oh wait show me damage harvest numbers by your beloved agency.  Was it 350 (cows) in a single unit last year?

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
328 and 329 will still have early season antlerless opportunities it will change to a permit instead of general season. 100 permits.
These 2 units generally have a 10-15% sucess rate in the general season. I don't hunt these units but know folks that do. For the most part this is fairly open country that is hard on archers. 2c

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman

So you're saying tribal hunters will be limited to less cows as well  by this move?  I agree with less harvest to help the herds but if it isn't across the board and without serious predator control what's the point :dunno:
I believe Yakama limits cows after Dec 31st, right about the time the department ramps up damage harvest.  The state will be still hammering cows for the next couple weeks as well.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 06:21:06 AM by Tbar »

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
If they really wanted to control harvest and set population goals, they should just go to a draw system with quotas.  They should do that for both bulls and cows statewide. 

With all the Californians moving north, you guys need a little more control in your lives.

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
That wont happen
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline gonehuntin68

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
I 100% agree on helping the Animals first. Just gets old that it seems we take the hit when helping.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]