collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Kelly Hill. Hunting  (Read 11489 times)

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: Kelly Hill. Counting down and prepping.
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2018, 01:13:08 PM »
yup, coming down pretty good.  Ought to be good this weekend though when the sun comes back out

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
Re: Kelly Hill. Counting down and prepping.
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2018, 01:55:58 PM »
Ridgeratt, That's where I'm headed.  Spotted a bruiser this morning.  Maybe it was your backyard?
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Old Salt
Re: Kelly Hill. Hunting
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2018, 01:07:13 PM »
Eleven days.  Seen two.  One too far, one too near.  5 mile hike this am.  Heading home to regroup.  That's all I got.
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2018, 11:39:59 AM »
I would have thought that with 3 members that are admitting to the tag someone would have posted some happy dance photos.

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2018, 02:59:14 PM »
I would have thought that with 3 members that are admitting to the tag someone would have posted some happy dance photos.

Any local rumors of sightings or kills?  Someone convince me to take another run at it.  I'm saving enough fuel to make it to Toppenish.

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2018, 03:33:58 PM »
Right now I am trying to locate some tuna bellies on the site. had a few hits but nothing has been nailed down yet.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2018, 04:10:12 PM »

Any local rumors of sightings or kills?  Someone convince me to take another run at it.  I'm saving enough fuel to make it to Toppenish.

I waved at you as you were heading back down (at least I thought it was you) you got the pickup with the camper on the back and a nice jeep with big tires following right behind?

Woulda been last Sunday afternoonish.

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2018, 08:21:09 PM »

I waved at you as you were heading back down (at least I thought it was you) you got the pickup with the camper on the back and a nice jeep with big tires following right behind?

That wouldn't be me.  Dodge Ram flatbed pulling a 20' enclosed trailer.  Green canoe on the truck.  Might not take canoe next trip.  Got out ahead of the weekend crowd. 

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2018, 08:24:38 PM »

That wouldn't be me.  Dodge Ram flatbed pulling a 20' enclosed trailer.  Green canoe on the truck.  Might not take canoe next trip.  Got out ahead of the weekend crowd.

Oh good it wasn't you, cause I seen a decent bear a few miles up the road after we passed one another  :chuckle:

Offline olsy

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2018, 09:47:53 PM »

I was up there last Friday-Sunday.  Spotted a possible decent bear on Saturday morning, but only had time to throw up the glass and catch a view of it's rump before it disappeared.  That evening, spotted 2 cubs about 800 yards away.  Heading back up in the AM until Sunday to see what's moving.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2018, 10:20:54 PM »
going to be a lot of ATV's out this weekend, I've been seeing a bunch heading up to go camping and rip around.  I'd focus on areas well away from all that holiday weekend traffic.  :twocents:

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2018, 06:15:09 AM »

Oh good it wasn't you, cause I seen a decent bear a few miles up the road after we passed one another  :chuckle:

Coming down from Elbow Lake?  They might have been the campers that cut the way in. 

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2018, 06:17:24 AM »
going to be a lot of ATV's out this weekend, I've been seeing a bunch heading up to go camping and rip around.  I'd focus on areas well away from all that holiday weekend traffic.  :twocents:

:tup: I'll wait and meet them hauling out.  My weekend is the 5 days between :chuckle:

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2018, 09:03:08 PM »
Late start, but taking another run at it in the morning.  Hope to get trailer parked and hunting before sundown. 

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2018, 01:09:31 PM »
I feel like this is going to be a story of sightings.  On my 13th day of hunting (2nd this trip) I spotted my 3rd bear.  Rained most of the night, and fog hung low this morning.  Waited the fog out by hunting the low ground, and glassing patches thru the fog.  This allowed time for the logging trucks to get on the mountain, load, and head down the rain greased 2 track that I needed to traverse to high ground.  And me on tires the tire shop refused to rotate.  After countless blind corners and meeting only one loaded truck, I made it to the high ground, parked at a trail and headed higher.  The cut I planned for was grown over more than map showed, but was able to glass a number of areas.   :yike:  A bear in an opening.  Looks like a good one with reddish coloring.  Check map, gps, Onx.   :bash:  Maybe I can get to where I can make a shot.  Not to be, afraid the recovery would turn into an international incident.  :bdid:  Anybody got connections with the PM?  Give me a pm if so.  OK, hike back to the truck for my RR call.  Now the wind is blowing straight north.  I'll be back.  Waited for a loaded truck to follow down the hill.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]