collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Why wolves will never be delisted in W WA  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
    • Washington State Trappers Association
  • Groups: WSTA, NTA, FTA, OTA, WWC, WFW, NRA
Why wolves will never be delisted in W WA
« on: March 22, 2018, 11:22:49 AM »
 I was researching delisting of wolves in MN and came up with the conclusion because of the  ruling in the Federal Appeals Court regarding the delisting of wolves except by Congressional action they can never be delisted. The court ruling that relisted Great lakes wolves seems to make it clear that wolves have to be recovered over their full range before they can be delisted. They have to be recovered in every State to be delisted in any State no matter how many wolves any locality may or may not have.
So why are wolves in MT, ID and the eastern third of WA federally delisted? That came about through Congressional action and is separate legislation from the ESA. Clearly this is the only avenue to delisting because the Court has ruled wolves must be recovered even in States where there is no suitable habitat before they can be delisted because those States are within the wolves historic range.
Here is a very good site that explains the court ruling.
http://www.pinedaleonline.com/news/2014/12/TheGreatLakesWolfDec.htm

Bruce Vandervort

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: Why wolves will never be delisted in W WA
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 11:29:45 AM »
They are federally de listed in EWa and still can't get any relief...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 11:50:00 AM »
That's not the only reason. Inslee's stacking of the commission with wolf lovers is another. Until children start getting eaten, which will be after the game is all gone, nothing will be done in WA to stem the population growth of the wolves. We will seriously see people die before anything is done.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Cougartail

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 01:11:36 PM »
If you seriously think someone dying is going to start wolf hunting your living in "fantasy land". They will have "professionals" kill off the offenders. The hate of hunting for sport is what will stop all hunting seasons for wolves. Millions of people have placed an emotional attachment to wolves that has nothing to do with the actual wolf itself.. and this is on both sides of the argument. It has become a symbol of ideologies not a wild animal.

If you hunt wolves you are an unintelligent rednecked white male hated by the lefties for thousands of reasons and if you are for having wolves in Washington you are a big city metro sexual wimp or bull dike witch who is dumb as a post on the ways of the wilds.. hated by the right for thousands of other reasons also.

The reality is the impact of wolves due to the current numbers is small and concentrated in Washington. This could change without management. Nothing could make the Seattle liberal happier than wolves and all the other predators killing hunting in this state. But let's be clear here, the banning of dog hunting, bear baiting, and leghold traps has lead to much of the loss in deer and elk numbers we are experiencing.

I personally could care less if we have wolves or any other predators in this state as long as I can use methods to harvest them effectively and seasons to do so

Don't fool yourselves, it has little to do about the wolf and more about ideologies..
Did Trump hurt your feelings?

I only seem like a macho guy if you have low T and you listen to the Village  People

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 01:32:22 PM »
Which is ironic since its hunters supporting conservation that the antis care so much about.

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Cougartail

• Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 01:45:52 PM »
Which is ironic since its hunters supporting conservation that the antis care so much about.

Liberals care deeply about many issues as long as the personal cost to them is low..
Did Trump hurt your feelings?

I only seem like a macho guy if you have low T and you listen to the Village  People

Offline jstone

• Old Salt
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 04:13:04 PM »
I’m not sure about that statement. They keep voting for stupid stuff and keep having to pay for it?

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal