collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2018 Cape Buffalo Cancellation Hunt  (Read 4012 times)

Offline The Big Game Hunter

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
    • https://www.facebook.com/biggamehuntingadventures
    • Big Game Hunting Adventures
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF
2018 Cape Buffalo Cancellation Hunt
« on: March 27, 2018, 02:06:18 PM »
We just had a hunter cancel his South Africa buffalo hunt that he had booked with us for this summer due to a family emergency, so we're offering it at a discount.

We had a 100% success rate on our buffalo hunts in 2015, 2016, and 2017 and our lifetime success rate on Cape Buffalo is over 90%. We only hunt hard bossed bulls, not immature bulls who have not had an opportunity to breed. Hunters booked with us typically take bulls measuring 38-39″, but we’ve also taken a number of buffalo in the 40-44″ range.

Additionally, we strive to provide our hunters a truly authentic African safari with exceptional service. For this reason, we do not use outside PHs and we only book one party at a time so that we can give our hunters individual attention and personalized service. All of our Cape Buffalo hunts are fair chase and are conducted on foot.

We'll pick you up and drop you off at O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg. Accommodations are very nice: you'll stay in an individual chalet equipped with air conditioning and your own private bathroom. All meals are prepared on site by our professionally trained chef and consist of a combination of authentic South African cuisine and wild game. While you can't take any meat from your buffalo home with you, you will get to eat it (along with any other game you hunt) in camp. We donate all the meat from animals our hunters harvest to those in need. Nothing is wasted.

If you get your buffalo with time remaining, there is also excellent plains game hunting in the area. Visit this web page for the full list of available species and their prices.

$12,000 per hunter
7 Day South Africa Cape Buffalo Hunt
This special price is valid for and cape buffalo hunt booked in 2018. Contact me for specific dates available.
The hunting package also includes all food, beverages (including alcohol), lodging, transportation in and around the hunting area, services of a licensed and experienced professional hunter, exclusive use of the hunting area, daily laundry service, and field preparation of your trophies. If you want to bring your own rifle, we’ll help you through the process with getting a temporary firearm import permit and assist you in clearing Customs with your rifle upon arrival in South Africa for free.

The only things not included are your air fare, taxidermy/dip & pack, and shipment of your trophies back to the USA.

For more information, PM me for details or check out the Cape buffalo hunting page on our web site.

• Business Sponsor
  • Scout
Re: 2018 Cape Buffalo Cancellation Hunt
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 10:21:27 AM »
Here are a few more photos.

Offline brew

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 07:08:53 PM »
way cool offer and a free bump for something that i will never be able to do...just wondering as i think it is a good thing that all the harvested meat is donated to the locals but always wondered what it tasted like.  best wild game i ever ate was the washington moose i was able to draw a permit for followed by elk and a whitetail buck i shot in the wheat fields outside of Davenport.  What does African game compare to taste wise ?
beer---it's whats for dinner

• Business Sponsor
  • Scout
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 06:55:31 PM »
way cool offer and a free bump for something that i will never be able to do...just wondering as i think it is a good thing that all the harvested meat is donated to the locals but always wondered what it tasted like.  best wild game i ever ate was the washington moose i was able to draw a permit for followed by elk and a whitetail buck i shot in the wheat fields outside of Davenport.  What does African game compare to taste wise ?
Just like in North America, most species of African game taste pretty good and I agree that eating game you hunted is a big part of the adventure.
It's hard to make a direct comparison and say that this particular animal tastes like deer or elk. Buffalo tastes pretty good, but it's far from my favorite. I'd have to say that mountain reedbuck is number one, followed closely by eland and gemsbok. Kudu, impala, blesbok, and wildebeest are all also excellent tasting.

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 07:07:49 PM »
Don't the hunters take some back to camp for a dinner still?
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline BNAElkhntr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: Life member NRA, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, SCI
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 07:19:20 PM »
I'll Keep you in Mind,  One question Though I Thought the Limpopo area was Malaria Free   Hunted There Twice An told So

• Business Sponsor
  • Scout
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 09:52:29 AM »
Don't the hunters take some back to camp for a dinner still?
Absolutely!
You'll eat wild game at just about every meal on your hunt, to include the meat from every animal you harvest.

• Business Sponsor
  • Scout
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 09:57:48 AM »
I'll Keep you in Mind,  One question Though I Thought the Limpopo area was Malaria Free   Hunted There Twice An told So
Malaria is present in part of Limpopo Province, so it sounds like you hunted previously in one of the areas in the province where there is no malaria.
The risk of malaria is low where we hunt, and the decision is ultimately up to you, but we recommend that our hunters take malaria medication just to be on the safe side.

Offline MuzzyHunter28

• Business Sponsor
  • Tracker
  • Cascade Mountain Outfitters
    • https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Sports---Recreation/Cascade-Mountain-Outfitters-360401058137699/
    • Cascade Mountain Outfitters LLC
  • Groups: WFW,SCI, DU, WSF, WBF
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 05:09:41 PM »
Such an Amazing Animal! On my bucket list....Going to So Africa next Spring for Plains game (again). But when it's time to get that Buffalo, I'll keep your outfit in Mind. Great offer on this Hunt. If I didn't owe Uncle Sam so much, I'd be jumping on this. 
Brandon Keller 
Owner/Guide
www.CascadeMountainOutfitters.com - Guided Black Bear Hunts
P: 360.761.8653

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2018, 05:22:52 PM »
Malaria is present in part of Limpopo Province, so it sounds like you hunted previously in one of the areas in the province where there is no malaria.
The risk of malaria is low where we hunt, and the decision is ultimately up to you, but we recommend that our hunters take malaria medication just to be on the safe side.
https://www.cdc.gov/malaria/new_info/2017/South_Africa_2017.htm
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

• Business Sponsor
  • Scout
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2018, 09:44:46 AM »
One of our hunters took this massive Cape Buffalo today.
If you book a buffalo hunt with us, this is where you'd be hunting. There is a large population of buffalo there with some really nice bulls. Don't let this opportunity for such an outstanding buffalo hunt pass you by!

Visit our Africa cancellation hunts page for more information on all the discounted hunts we're currently offering for 2018.

• Business Sponsor
  • Scout
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2018, 12:01:18 PM »
In case anyone is interested, this hunt is still available and we've reduced the price to $11,500.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]