collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hirshey's Idaho Hunt 2017  (Read 12966 times)

Offline bracer40

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
Re: Hirshey's Idaho Hunt 2017
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2018, 09:07:15 AM »
It is such an honor to be a part of "team awesome", especially when everybody else puts in the effort to bring along the ol' gal. I would not have been able to enjoy such awesome adventures if it weren't for the generosity and consideration the rest of the team gives. If more people emulated these young members of team "awesome" the world would be a much better place. I look forward to encountering future young hunters who have the same spirit, enthusiasm, and mindfulness as these companions who have shared their hunt with me. I am proud to see the person my daughter has become. As it has been said many times before, it isn't about the trophy as much as it is about the time spent with family and friends! Here's to all of your next adventures.
:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:
“Just give me a comfortable couch, a dog, a good book, and a woman. Then if you can get the dog to go somewhere and read the book, I might have a little fun.”
― Groucho Marx

Offline Colorado Kid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
  • Groups: Master Hunter of Washington, RMEF
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2018, 12:07:22 PM »
. The buck had bedded with a doe down a small drainage from us: I ranged them at 250 yards. Wielding my .243, my mom had never shot at an animal at that distance, so she wanted to get closer. I asked her to look at the buck one more time and make sure it was one she wanted. She confirmed, and I stayed put as she tried to use what little terrain we had left between us and the deer to her advantage to close the distance to a comfortable range.
Just to clarify why I haven't taken shots over 200 yards is because I have been muzzleloading for deer and elk for the last 20 plus years  :chuckle:

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2018, 12:26:36 PM »
It is such an honor to be a part of "team awesome", especially when everybody else puts in the effort to bring along the ol' gal. I would not have been able to enjoy such awesome adventures if it weren't for the generosity and consideration the rest of the team gives. If more people emulated these young members of team "awesome" the world would be a much better place. I look forward to encountering future young hunters who have the same spirit, enthusiasm, and mindfulness as these companions who have shared their hunt with me. I am proud to see the person my daughter has become. As it has been said many times before, it isn't about the trophy as much as it is about the time spent with family and friends! Here's to all of your next adventures.

Awesome stuff right here.
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline W_Ellison2011

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2018, 09:52:49 PM »
These sort of write ups are what makes the off season bearable! Can't wait for next years write ups! Keep that team going!

Offline bowhunterforever

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2018, 11:02:22 PM »
Tag to read later :tup:
You sure you know how to skin griz pilgram

Offline hirshey

• Sourdough
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2018, 07:13:01 PM »
Thanks all... sorry I haven’t been as active a participant as I have been... I am holding a second job in the off-season of fire, and somehow I blinked and it’s almost fire season again! 🙈🤷🏻‍♀️ Oops!

I sure do cherish this community though... thanks for all the love and support through the years! Can’t wait for the next adventure!
I am not opposed to golf, for I suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering deer.

Offline kellama2001

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
  • Everyone wants to eat-but few are willing to hunt
  • Groups: F4WM, MDF, NWTF, RMEF
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2018, 08:03:16 PM »
Found this thread late, but loved reading every word! Thanks as always for taking the time to post all the adventures of Team Awesome...you all are an inspiration!  :bow:
It must be a poor life that achieves freedom from fear.
-Aldo Leopold

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU