collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wy Grizzy hunting  (Read 7549 times)

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
Wy Grizzy hunting
« on: March 28, 2018, 05:52:34 AM »
The proposed season will include a draw for 24 permits for this fall season. Up to 6 permits may be available to non-residents. The non-resident license fee is proposed at $6,000 and resident license fees at $600. More information will be available once regulations are approved.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline CaNINE

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
Re: Wy Grizzy hunting
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 06:44:27 AM »
Thanks for sharing the info. Going to give this opportunity some serious consideration.
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

Proverbs 12:27

Offline 180-GRAIN

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 09:03:53 AM »
If you go to their website this is open to public comment. I may be being cheap but I asked for them to consider lowering the non-resident price tag. I know it will be a highly sought after hunt but $6000 seems pretty spendy for an average hunter that would like to have a shot at a Griz in there lifetime  :dunno: I will do points option if available until im rich!

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 09:22:22 AM »
Nowhere else can you touch a grizz hunt for 6k I don’t think.  I’ll be applying for it given the chance and will just have to figure it out how to pay for it should I draw.
That would make the wife super happy I’m sure.  :chuckle:

Offline lord grizzly

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 09:31:25 AM »
If you go to their website this is open to public comment. I may be being cheap but I asked for them to consider lowering the non-resident price tag. I know it will be a highly sought after hunt but $6000 seems pretty spendy for an average hunter that would like to have a shot at a Griz in there lifetime  :dunno: I will do points option if available until im rich!

sounds pretty reasonable to me. supply and demand after all. how many other lower 48 grizzly tags can you get cheaper? if anything its low for non rez and any one who isn't a resident of Wyoming should be happy there even made available. Idaho's one tag there talking about better be resident only

Offline 180-GRAIN

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 11:31:10 AM »

sounds pretty reasonable to me. supply and demand after all. how many other lower 48 grizzly tags can you get cheaper? if anything its low for non rez and any one who isn't a resident of Wyoming should be happy there even made available. Idaho's one tag there talking about better be resident only

I totally understand the supply and demand but I still think they should lower the price so not just people with deep pockets can go on this hunt. Idaho will probably make that one tag an even draw open to anyone lol. More income that way in apps.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 11:53:20 AM »

I totally understand the supply and demand but I still think they should lower the price so not just people with deep pockets can go on this hunt. Idaho will probably make that one tag an even draw open to anyone lol. More income that way in apps.
100% agree with you 180 grain, on everything you just said!  6,000 is ridiculous for a bear.  And I hope Idaho opens it up to everyone.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 11:54:44 AM »
Lord grizzly, tell us how you really feel about non res hunters! 😆
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 11:56:40 AM »
 :yeah:
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline lord grizzly

• Longhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2018, 12:07:07 PM »
Lord grizzly, tell us how you really feel about non res hunters! 😆

let me tell you about my dream of a border wall. and i'm not talking about Mexico's border either...

Offline lord grizzly

• Longhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2018, 12:09:07 PM »

100% agree with you 180 grain, on everything you just said!  6,000 is ridiculous for a bear.  And I hope Idaho opens it up to everyone.

remember were talking about the first chance at a lower 48 grizzly hunt in I don't know how long, not just a bear. 6 grand is a deal. id happily pay

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2018, 06:07:24 PM »

remember were talking about the first chance at a lower 48 grizzly hunt in I don't know how long, not just a bear. 6 grand is a deal. id happily pay
[/quote)

6000 dollars is outrageous! I will be putting in though  :chuckle: and so will a million other people. I think there is a good chance idaho will make it residents only which I agree is correct with only 1 tag available. Idaho has a decent record of not chasing money with every game decision they make unlike most other states

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2018, 06:32:56 PM »
What’s everyone’s guess on how many non resident applications there will be?
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2018, 06:38:53 PM »
Not that many at $6 grand, pay up front.

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2018, 07:06:22 PM »
Enough to make it competitive odds.
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]