collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bigfoot / Sasquatch Reports  (Read 7141 times)

Offline NathanFooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Bigfoot / Sasquatch Reports
« on: April 11, 2018, 10:48:06 AM »
   Hello everyone, I am a sasquatch report investigator based in western WA state ( also not to bad of a deer hunter either  :) ). 

I have been reading here for a fair length of time and I have found that there are members and friends of members here that have had strange encounters while investing in many of the pursuits we discuss here.

This topic is not a a place to debate, trash or harass folks who want to discuss events or experiences thet have taken place. If joking, wasting peoples time and running the subject it's comedy course is desired please take it to another thread.  The subject and some individuals involved certainly deserve some laughs but there is a select group of people who take the data side of this very seriously.

The motivation is simply to understand how these creatures survive and exist in our current state of ecology, killing one of these creatures is not an objective our group is invested in.

I hope to here both privately and within the thread about what you or someone you know has experienced.  If you chose to reach out privately to me I want to make it clear that your information will remain private.   

Sasquatch behavior is something that is not well understood and it does expand beyond much more than yells, and banging on trees.

Noted strange happenings we hear about from areas of reports and track finds include the following.

- Gibberish talking sounds -  almost like the speech patterns attempted by a hearing impaired person but often very angry and or emotional, we also hear that the volume and pitch is deeper or seemingly ,, not normal for a human ,,.   Also sometimes described like someone who is excited talking but there is not clear words presented.

- Wooing / Screaming -  This is often either far off or very close to a witness and is described as similar to some of the sounds chimps, bonobos and gorilla produce.  It can also be paired with knocking, whistles, grunts and ground thumps.   Sound type specifically noted would be Whoops, Moan Howls, Guttural screaming, Bellowing and even peacock type sounds. 

- Whistles -  Loud, and sharp ( not bird like ) both short and long in duration.

- Knocks / Slaps / Ground thumps and Rock Clacks -   Both loud and subdued and mostly at night, these sounds will also typically take place from more than a single location as it is believed based on the information to be a form of communication. 

- Vehicle Shaking / Rocking - Hitting, tapping and moving of cars and trailers parked in more remote areas.   It is believed at this point this is either test to see if their is people around or possibly just interest in the object itself.

- Metal Tapping / Banging - Sounds similar to a tin / steel can being beaten or drummed with a stick.

- Rock / Object throwing -  This seems to most often happen in areas ( not frequented normally by human traffic ) where people setup camp or park for longer periods of time at night.  It also happens to fisherman along river ways.   We believe this is to possible way they push people out of an area or a way to get free food.

- Tree Destruction -  waving, repeated cracking and dismantling of trees in a area near a remote camp ( not simply a tree falling ), in some cases the entire tree has been pulled up and positioned across a road way ( almost as if to block ), this is believed to be a form of intimidation or a display.
Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it !

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
Re: Bigfoot / Sasquatch Reports
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 10:50:04 AM »
 :tup:
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 10:54:19 AM »
Does NF have some time on his hands.   :chuckle:

Offline ryan2202

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
  • Owner / Operator Pine & Tines LLC
    • Pine & Tines - used firearms.  Rifles, Shotguns, Blackpowder
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 11:05:50 AM »
I'm no Squatch Hunter, nor enthusiast; maybe a casual fan - but sometimes, things happens in the woods and you just are left scratching your head or possibly holding onto that weapon of choice during hunting season a little tighter.  After reading some of the descriptions in the past, and seeing how consistently many experience by others are described very similar in nature, I can't help but wonder if there's a few out there.

Hunting along a hillside, dropping down towards a riverbed - chasing deer, I've had huge river rocks thrown towards me.
During a hunting trip, sleeping in the bed of my truck with the canopy for shelter, I've felt the truck rock, heard something brushing up against it - the .45 moved a little closure to me that night.

It's been a while now - but I remember these times pretty well - one reason my heads stays on a swivel when I'm out the woods alone -

But the outdoors keeps calling and I keep answering....maybe someday I'll meet Mr. Squatch

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Explorer
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 11:11:39 AM »
Quote from: ryan2202

But the outdoors keeps calling and I keep answering....maybe someday I'll meet Mr. Squatch
[/quote

:chuckle: I don't think I'd want to meet him, right @Dan-o

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 11:14:46 AM »
Saw a video of a guy on Facebook that has a head of Bigfoot, also claimed to have a full body of one.  His dad shot them both in 1953.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline N7XW

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 11:42:39 AM »
   Hello everyone, I am a sasquatch report investigator based in western WA state ( also not to bad of a deer hunter either  :) ). 

I have been reading here for a fair length of time and I have found that there are members and friends of members here that have had strange encounters while investing in many of the pursuits we discuss here.

This topic is not a a place to debate, trash or harass folks who want to discuss events or experiences thet have taken place. If joking, wasting peoples time and running the subject it's comedy course is desired please take it to another thread.  The subject and some individuals involved certainly deserve some laughs but there is a select group of people who take the data side of this very seriously.

The motivation is simply to understand how these creatures survive and exist in our current state of ecology, killing one of these creatures is not an objective our group is invested in.

I hope to here both privately and within the thread about what you or someone you know has experienced.  If you chose to reach out privately to me I want to make it clear that your information will remain private.   

Sasquatch behavior is something that is not well understood and it does expand beyond much more than yells, and banging on trees.

Noted strange happenings we hear about from areas of reports and track finds include the following.

- Gibberish talking sounds -  almost like the speech patterns attempted by a hearing impaired person but often very angry and or emotional, we also hear that the volume and pitch is deeper or seemingly ,, not normal for a human ,,.   Also sometimes described like someone who is excited talking but there is not clear words presented.

- Wooing / Screaming -  This is often either far off or very close to a witness and is described as similar to some of the sounds chimps, bonobos and gorilla produce.  It can also be paired with knocking, whistles, grunts and ground thumps.   Sound type specifically noted would be Whoops, Moan Howls, Guttural screaming, Bellowing and even peacock type sounds. 

- Whistles -  Loud, and sharp ( not bird like ) both short and long in duration.

- Knocks / Slaps / Ground thumps and Rock Clacks -   Both loud and subdued and mostly at night, these sounds will also typically take place from more than a single location as it is believed based on the information to be a form of communication. 

- Vehicle Shaking / Rocking - Hitting, tapping and moving of cars and trailers parked in more remote areas.   It is believed at this point this is either test to see if their is people around or possibly just interest in the object itself.

- Metal Tapping / Banging - Sounds similar to a tin / steel can being beaten or drummed with a stick.

- Rock / Object throwing -  This seems to most often happen in areas ( not frequented normally by human traffic ) where people setup camp or park for longer periods of time at night.  It also happens to fisherman along river ways.   We believe this is to possible way they push people out of an area or a way to get free food.

- Tree Destruction -  waving, repeated cracking and dismantling of trees in a area near a remote camp ( not simply a tree falling ), in some cases the entire tree has been pulled up and positioned across a road way ( almost as if to block ), this is believed to be a form of intimidation or a display.

Mind sharing any personal experiences you've had?

Offline NathanFooter

• Pilgrim
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 11:50:57 AM »
I'm no Squatch Hunter, nor enthusiast; maybe a casual fan - but sometimes, things happens in the woods and you just are left scratching your head or possibly holding onto that weapon of choice during hunting season a little tighter.  After reading some of the descriptions in the past, and seeing how consistently many experience by others are described very similar in nature, I can't help but wonder if there's a few out there.

Hunting along a hillside, dropping down towards a riverbed - chasing deer, I've had huge river rocks thrown towards me.
During a hunting trip, sleeping in the bed of my truck with the canopy for shelter, I've felt the truck rock, heard something brushing up against it - the .45 moved a little closure to me that night.

It's been a while now - but I remember these times pretty well - one reason my heads stays on a swivel when I'm out the woods alone -

Thank you for giving mention to these types of events and for holding a stance on the subject that does not assume one way or the other.

I would be interested in hearing the details of those instances.

I would like to mention that these events as a majority are completely explainable in most instances and are not Sasquatch related.   I will also state there is a record going back hundreds of years that shows that some of the cases just don't fit the bill of other wildlife or human activity.

Offline NathanFooter

• Pilgrim
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 11:55:45 AM »

Mind sharing any personal experiences you've had?

I certainly will as this thread moves forward, some of the events I would like to touch on are a bit long winded as I have photos and audio in conjunction.   

Some time in the coming week I will share some of my information here. 

Offline NathanFooter

• Pilgrim
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 12:00:20 PM »
Saw a video of a guy on Facebook that has a head of Bigfoot, also claimed to have a full body of one.  His dad shot them both in 1953.

I have glanced at the story/videos and I can say that it is for a fact completely false.     

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Explorer
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2018, 12:41:43 PM »
I know you know the other thread has morphed into something else tha  the original intent but if you read it from the beginning you can decipher the stories and when the transition occurred.

Some great stories in there in the beginning. :tup:

Offline NathanFooter

• Pilgrim
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2018, 12:48:43 PM »
I know you know the other thread has morphed into something else tha  the original intent but if you read it from the beginning you can decipher the stories and when the transition occurred.

Some great stories in there in the beginning. :tup:

There has been several threads on here, is there a way you could post the link to this particular thread ?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 01:02:30 PM by NathanFooter »

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Explorer

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2018, 02:52:52 PM »
Is this a bona-fide game animal now?  Can't find where to buy a tag or permit app.  >:(
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2018, 03:40:59 PM »
Until physical biological proof is presented it will always be taken less than serious.  I think its a strong possibility but I need DNA or something conclusive.  Loch ness, aliens etc are similar in groupings.  My point is joking and fun will associate bigfoot regardless of peoples wants until such sciences are presented.  I honestly hope somebody finds something and if killing one to show proof is required then fine although I don't think I would pull the trigger myself. :twocents:
MAGA!  Again..

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU