collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bigfoot / Sasquatch Reports  (Read 7139 times)

Offline B4noon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: Bigfoot / Sasquatch Reports
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 04:03:05 PM »
I think they do exist they are just one step ahead of us and know if they expose themselves they are destined to an eterinity of being managed by WDFW which will make observing a bigfoot even less likely and require an observation fee along with an access pass

Offline luckyman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2018, 04:08:07 PM »
Iv'e followed tracks both in snow and mud at different places. I heard the Gibberish up close and personal once, like right behind me. :yike:
I'm not sure.

Offline W_Ellison2011

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 04:17:52 PM »
Lets say I find one and shoot it so I can have actual proof. Is WDFW going to fine me and send me to jail or am I going to get a reward? Just wondering. It's good info to have!

Offline NathanFooter

• Pilgrim
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2018, 05:07:22 PM »
Lets say I find one and shoot it so I can have actual proof. Is WDFW going to fine me and send me to jail or am I going to get a reward? Just wondering. It's good info to have!

Skamania county had a ordnance that states it is illegal to chase, harass or harm a Sasquatch, you would also pay a fine and possibly face jail time.   

It sounds silly but it is a real law.  ( I have not reviewed if the law is still in standing )

There maybe a legal work around for this issue though as there has not yet been a type specimen that can serve as a reference example for the species.
Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it !

Offline NathanFooter

• Pilgrim
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2018, 05:08:06 PM »

My bad here, wrong quote entry.

Offline dontgetcrabs

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2018, 05:08:25 PM »
Iv'e followed tracks both in snow and mud at different places. I heard the Gibberish up close and personal once, like right behind me. :yike:

I'd say you're a luckyman.   :chuckle:

Offline NathanFooter

• Pilgrim
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2018, 05:12:26 PM »

Please check your PM Folder.   Thanks

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2018, 05:24:06 PM »
My dad followed tracks in snow while elk hunting in the blue mountains in Oregon many years ago (20 years or so). The way he described them were very much like the tracks that were posted by deerhunter in that big bigfoot thread. I think Cliff from BFRO fame investigated.

I've had large rocks thrown towards me. They were too large for a person to be throwing.  So, I'm a believer. I sure wish I could see one.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Online Jpmiller

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2018, 12:35:30 PM »
No bigfoot experience but tagging along

Offline Whitenuckles

• Transplanted Cajun
  • Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2018, 08:29:28 PM »
Okay..... I know I'll hear crap for this. But please respect our experience.

About 9 years ago my brother and I decided to do a high buck hunt. It took us a day and a half to reach our destination just out of devil's park. We got there the day before season and went for a little scouting trip. About an hour before dark we spotted a group of deer. We closed the distance to about 100-120 yards. While glassing the bucks we noticed a figure standing not 15 feet from the deer. It was next to a group of trees and not moving, but definitely not natural. After a few seconds we both assumed what it might be. After 15-20 min it didnt move or shake at all. We thought our eyes were plaaying tricks. We decided to walk strait at it. As soon a we got half way to it, it walked off.

Judge my story as you will. But 2 of us saw it. I know what I saw, and I get hell for my story all the time. Most might think it would be cool to see one. We were scared as hell all night and left for home as soon as the sun came up.
GEAUX TIGERS

Offline bowhunterforever

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2018, 09:00:20 PM »
Tag :tup:
You sure you know how to skin griz pilgram

Offline Pegasus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2018, 09:31:47 PM »
On an early morning trip in April of 1999 or 2000 I was heading east on Hwy 14 along the Columbia River. I was heading out to go turkey hunting and was cursing myself for getting a late start and it was starting to break daylight and I still was about thirty minutes away from my hunting spot. In the faint light I could see a dark animal that was crouched by the side of the road which I assumed was either a bear or a dog. I slowed to check it out but by the time I reached where it had been it had disappeared into the tall grass. As I slowly passed the spot I looked back over my shoulder one final time and spotted the creature now standing up in the grass. It was an ape that stood about 4 to 5 feet tall. This was no bear.  I did a U-turn to check it out but the creature had disappeared again. I got out and did a quick search around the area but never did see it again. I thought about spending more time searching but the thought of going through the brush searching for what I determined was a young bigfoot which probably had its mother close by discouraged me from continuing. A few years earlier I had come face to face with an Alaskan Brown Bear and her cubs that was a rather scary and unpleasant experience. The thought of something similar happening again clouded my judgement about continuing the search. Later I noticed that there had been a  number of bigfoot sightings reported in the surrounding area.

Offline Houndhunter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2018, 09:39:43 PM »
Tagging

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: Team getsum !
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2018, 06:24:18 AM »
Many years ago a old boy I knew told me about a hunt in the cascades during November . He said he was approaching a ravine and heard some brush breaking . as he looked across less than 100 yards he saw a creature that was either white or covered in snow . He said as it walked up the hill on two feet he could see the tracks appearing, but is was snowing so hard his vission was hampered . He never was sure what it was and he said the hair stood up on his back . He figured that his long bow proably wasnt the right choice of weapon to pursue it with . He said he never told many people about it because he just wasnt sure what it was. I have had a couple of bumps in the night that made me think of his story , I'd like to believe at least the Kid in me does.
My wife told me that I hunt way more than I did when we first got married. I said yeah I know isn't it great !

Offline NathanFooter

• Pilgrim
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2018, 12:06:35 PM »
 I am particularly interested in a section of the cascade range between Granite falls and St.Helens.   

This stretch has had many reports over the years ( even from forestry service ), the pattern so far seems to suggest that the sasquatch spend most of the warmer months at or above 2400 Ft and then drop down to as low as cover and security will allow.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by trophyhunt
[Today at 06:05:35 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]