collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Karstetter Memorial Match  (Read 1342 times)

Offline hunting4sanity

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
Karstetter Memorial Match
« on: April 11, 2018, 09:54:05 PM »
This year was the 6th annual Karstetter match near Wilbur WA, my sons and I have shot in 5 of the matches. This year was the wettest of them all, but still a very fun and challenging shoot. The rancher whose place the match takes place on was even kind enough to provide a couple of tractors to pull vehicles. Just thought I'd share a few pics for those interested in PRS type shooting. On most of the stages you only use your primary rifle, but one stage included 15 pistol targets and an AR target shown below in the red circle at 325 yards, then you had to run a short distance to your primary rifle and finish on a target at 860 yards with some nasty winds. The match started in a nasty downpour and you simply had to lay down in the mud and water and enjoy the day. I'm looking forward to next year's match ..... but hoping it's in drier conditions. (BTW, I'm open to suggestions for affordable and effective rain gear - mine failed.)
Disappointments are inevitable, misery is optional.

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
Re: Karstetter Memorial Match
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 05:18:26 AM »
Sounds like fun.  Best rain gear I've used is carrhart Storm defenders. Lay in the mud all day no prob
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline yorketransport

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Frontiersman
  • Preferred pronouns: were/was
Re: Karstetter Memorial Match
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 08:32:49 PM »
That truck isn't going anywhere!

A buddy of mine was there said the conditions were pretty bad. He tried to blame his poor performance on the rain but really he's just a bad shot. :chuckle:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal