collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Montana Draw Results  (Read 18306 times)

Online Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
Re: Montana Draw Results
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2018, 09:44:24 PM »
We didn't draw........        :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline CaNINE

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2018, 09:23:09 AM »
Deer combo  :tup:

Will hit the Custer National Forest for whitetail

The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

Proverbs 12:27

Offline squires14

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2018, 02:34:57 PM »
Got Both Deer, and Elk!

Meaning not passing anything this yr in WA. Spending 2 plus weeks in Montana hunting deer and elk

Lets see if I can get a bigger buck and my first MT bull down this yr.

Offline Mulie87

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA USPSA
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2018, 11:49:20 PM »
Drawn for deer. Put in for antelope as well. 7500 speed goat tags, odds seem good.

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2018, 05:12:52 AM »
good luck to you over there
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline SeatoSummit88

• Scout
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2018, 11:36:28 AM »
Successful Deer Combo Draw for me, however, landowner who had set me up with access to hunt his land South of Missoula just called me and shared the unfortunate news that he was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, and has to sell his home and land and move closer to a treatment center. Very sad to hear. Very nice elderly man who wanted to help out an out of state guy! So, I am going to send in the paper work to Helena division for refund. I am pretty bummed that out of state refunds are only 80%...Kind of screwed up in my opinion, especially with the fact that they get to sell my tag to someone else.  Any chance you guys know about some sort of unwritten way that I can transfer my tag into your name, and I don't loose out on the 20%. I'd be willing to sell it you for cost without taxes/fees. If you have a place to go, I would rather have someone use it then it go to the State.
If I'm not selling, I should be hunting, If I'm not hunting, I should quit!

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2018, 11:46:53 AM »
Successful Deer Combo Draw for me, however, landowner who had set me up with access to hunt his land South of Missoula just called me and shared the unfortunate news that he was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, and has to sell his home and land and move closer to a treatment center. Very sad to hear. Very nice elderly man who wanted to help out an out of state guy! So, I am going to send in the paper work to Helena division for refund. I am pretty bummed that out of state refunds are only 80%...Kind of screwed up in my opinion, especially with the fact that they get to sell my tag to someone else.  Any chance you guys know about some sort of unwritten way that I can transfer my tag into your name, and I don't loose out on the 20%. I'd be willing to sell it you for cost without taxes/fees. If you have a place to go, I would rather have someone use it then it go to the State.

Sad deal on both sides and I am almost certain you can't transfer a tag. My question is why not try and hunt some public land since you have already paid for the tags and were ready to make the trip?
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline SeatoSummit88

• Scout
« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2018, 12:10:33 PM »
I guess I really haven't dedicated a lot of map planning time; To get to know public land areas.  I had put "my bait" out for private land usage, and "got bit", so I did not make a plan B. I guess I could scrounge up some Onx Maps, online MDFW game area maps and see what I can find. Also, I have no hunting partner, so the idea of me going into a new place and burning around for 5 to 7 days seems questionable. I guess I should just put on my big boy pants and "cowboy" up. lol

I do have a plan B, Fishing trip option. I do have time to pull the trigger on that. So I need to make up my mind.

Offline andrew_in_idaho

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2018, 01:00:30 PM »
I guess I really haven't dedicated a lot of map planning time; To get to know public land areas.  I had put "my bait" out for private land usage, and "got bit", so I did not make a plan B. I guess I could scrounge up some Onx Maps, online MDFW game area maps and see what I can find. Also, I have no hunting partner, so the idea of me going into a new place and burning around for 5 to 7 days seems questionable. I guess I should just put on my big boy pants and "cowboy" up. lol

I do have a plan B, Fishing trip option. I do have time to pull the trigger on that. So I need to make up my mind.
Out in eastern Montana there are so many deer you almost can't go wrong. Throw a dart at a map and find some public ground in the general area, odds are there will be some deer on it. That being said winterkill is going to be an issue out that way this year so that is another factor to consider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline andrew_in_idaho

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2018, 01:02:47 PM »
Drawn for deer. Put in for antelope as well. 7500 speed goat tags, odds seem good.
From what I'm hearing there may not even be 7500 antelope left in region 7 by the time season rolls around. Herd estimates after 2010-2011 winter were around 9000 animals in region 7 and I've heard this winter was far harsher and they went into it with less animals to begin with. Doesn't sound too promising. I've pivoted off of region 7 antelope and I'll be putting in for wyoming instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline NRA4LIFE

• Site Sponsor
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2018, 01:34:34 PM »
If this winter out there was as harsh as in the early 2000's (don't remember exact year) the antelope will have all moved east into South Dakota.  You can drive between Alzada and Belle Fourche and see thousands, literally.  2003 or 2004 was the last time I antelope hunted in unit 7.  The deer never seemed to be affected all that much from the winters.  I've hunted that unit for 30 years.
Look man, some times you just gotta roll the dice

Offline huntandjeep

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2018, 03:01:30 PM »

Just find large tracts of  land . The deer are there.   .
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 12:52:42 PM by huntandjeep »
Anyone that thinks a Glock is better than a 1911 paints his toenails.
Yakima Valley Mountaineers

Offline SeatoSummit88

• Scout
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2018, 11:48:36 AM »
Thanks Huntandjeep,

I will have to download and take a look at some maps soon!  I have a few regional maps on my computer right now.

-Matt

Offline HUNTNORTHWEST

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Hunter
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2018, 11:13:20 AM »
Did anyone get mailed their tag yet?
A remarkable experience is one where the pain is forgotten so quickly, the frustrations and struggles are forgotten the minute you’re done.

I can’t wait to do it the next time.

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2018, 11:18:27 AM »
me and my son have had ours for a few days

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal