collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Eastside Mule Deer Survival Study Update  (Read 10106 times)

Offline Green broke

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: Eastside Mule Deer Survival Study Update
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2018, 08:29:29 PM »
I would not consider those numbers accurate or acceptable for any debate.

Any local in the area knows of the tribal poaching issues that were happening in the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s and it was BAD.  And there were ZERO consequences for the poachers.  Game Wardens were required to turn them over to the tribe, who did nothing.

The issue trophyhunt brings forward is very legitimate, but it is also mostly historical at this point.
Thank you, couldn’t have said it better.  I have been friends with a 40+ year veteran of the Wdfw fish and game officer, that’s where I get my facts.

My guess is we have the same friend :tup: :chuckle:
Was your friend reprimanded for harassment or treatment of natives?  Mr Chandler want to weigh in on if you had in depth discussions with him?  Just saying....
probably, he was one that stood up to the mucks BS, like shooting bulls on private property at night time. Or the time he followed blood tracks in the snow to several dead elk while two were actually harvested by the natives?  If I could only get him to respond to your comment you'd get an ear full for hours, the truth exposed gets nasty, I promise if he wrote a book, your fellow natives would not look good in that region.  This is getting ugly now, sorry guys, but truth hurts.
Bruce was a sore loser, mad that tribes could hunt when he couldn't.  I could write a more compelling book on his tribal harassment. If he wants to respond to my comments, he has my number.  He has a long history of harassment.

Offline Green broke

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2018, 08:32:53 PM »
That's a great read. 

The cool part about MIT doing the study is that they can actually do something about it.   :tup:
:yeah:
And will do something about it.

Offline ElaphusElatus

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Tracker
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2018, 09:22:11 PM »
Per our laws we can't hound hunt. There's members, such as myself that would love to bring it back. It was changed but not due to the State years ago.

Plat:
Maybe request a change, propose YN have some hound hunting for predators, and offset harvest effects. State folks cannot do anything now that it has closed. There appears to be evidence that predators are having an effect. Kill one cougar, save 50 elk and deer.  It adds up quickly.

Offline Green broke

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2018, 10:13:31 PM »
I would not consider those numbers accurate or acceptable for any debate.

Any local in the area knows of the tribal poaching issues that were happening in the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s and it was BAD.  And there were ZERO consequences for the poachers.  Game Wardens were required to turn them over to the tribe, who did nothing.

The issue trophyhunt brings forward is very legitimate, but it is also mostly historical at this point.
Thank you, couldn’t have said it better.  I have been friends with a 40+ year veteran of the Wdfw fish and game officer, that’s where I get my facts.

My guess is we have the same friend :tup: :chuckle:
Was your friend reprimanded for harassment or treatment of natives?  Mr Chandler want to weigh in on if you had in depth discussions with him?  Just saying....
probably, he was one that stood up to harassed the mucks BS, like shooting bulls on private property at night time. Or the time he followed blood tracks in the snow to several dead elk while two were actually harvested by the natives?  If I could only get him to respond to your comment you'd get an ear full for hours, the truth exposed gets nasty, I promise if he wrote a book, your fellow natives would not look good in that region.  This is getting ugly now, sorry guys, but truth hurts.
Fixed it for you.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2018, 10:15:27 PM »
You’re right.  The MIT have a shining history in conservation. 

Offline Green broke

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2018, 10:24:02 PM »
If you are writing history in the present and have learned, adapted and changed things for the better where are you finding fault?  We all have less than admiral instances.  State hunters are not exempt in any way shape or form.

Offline Green broke

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2018, 10:32:28 PM »
Again, show me your commitment to conservation.  Show me the WDFWs commitment.  Please show me anything legitimate that will show a commitment to recognize reality much less deal with it.  They will just as soon allow nature balance itself.

Offline AL WORRELLS KID

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Sourdough
  • The Ancient of Days Lives
  • Groups: Washington State Trappers Association
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2018, 11:09:12 AM »
"Doe survival and fawn productivity
are the keys to having a healthy buck hunting opportunity."

Shepard's don't make Sheep,
Sheep make Sheep!
If you want more Sheep out in your pasture... then let the Sheep do they're thing and you're bound to see more Big Ram's running around out there.
Get control of your Sheep Dog and don't let him nip at their heels as much and you will have Happier Sheep and the "Little Nippers" won't be hanging around the pasture getting into trouble.
Doug
"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom." Theodore Roosevelt

Offline chinookie23

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2018, 11:37:28 AM »
:chuckle: Forget that. The only reason there's elk at all in any of the watersheds near Auburn is because the State took the Mucks to federal court for wiping out everything in there and forcing them to work with the State.

Sorry, but anything from a Muck I'll gladly not read. And Now in the last few years they magically farted out fairy dust and have rights in our territory? Give me a break.

and what exactly do the yakama tribe do for conservation of the wildlife on the eastside NOTHING that's what, hunt with NO tags or tracking of any kind of harvest data at all. they used to have herds so big on there reservation in the closed area and now I talk to yakama friends who used to see the herds in the area. now they say its hard to even go out there and see bucks if any at all.......... Plat you should look back at the history and your family tree you probably have relatives all over in Muckleshoot :) Just hacking you on that one........  kind of

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2018, 01:24:36 PM »
There's herds. They just got smart and stopped hanging out by the road where majority of the "hunters" hunt. Majority road hunt, not all but majority.

The animals learn where they will die and adapt for survival. There's plenty of animals they "hunters" just have to get out of their truck and learn to hunt not drive around all day.

I can go back as far as 10 generation on either side and all Yakama and warm springs Tribes. I can break it down even more into the Bands.

The difference with Mucks and us is we call it like it is. We don't hide our trophy hunting like mucks. Their regs say 1 per species but they can hunt on designated for as many other as they want and keep the heads? I seen 1 muck last year advertise on FB that anybody who wants meat just call him and give him their "designated hunter tag" and he'll get them elk.

That's just like the kettle....well, you know the rest. :chuckle:
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline savagehunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2018, 08:59:18 PM »
Yeah I can't believe how the Indians decimated the Buffalo herds too. I mean they always take more than their share. Give me a break white people poach too. Meth heads with rifles don't need to sleep.  Antis  are never gonna go for unfair advantage of hounds because they don't read these studies. More time hunting predators is hard to come by for working folks. MIT doesn't have the answers the state can't afford to do anything wtf.

Offline Eli346

• Eli
  • Past Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2018, 12:36:17 PM »
Good article!

Offline Deerelk37

• Tracker
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2018, 10:49:32 AM »
I’ve heard a story or two from the 80s or 90s,I assume, about mucks going into greenwater and lining the bottom of a road that loops around a ridge or older clearcut with a bunch of “standers”. They would then proceed to have children run scream blow whistles etc from the top and shoot any animal that came out and load them all on a flatbed.

I haven’t hunted the 352/356 in years but after I stopped there I was considering going back and a buddy told me not to bother, natives had been picking it clean and drastically reduced the herd numbers of deer. This was in the mid 2000’s. I can neither confirm or deny both of these “stories”. But what a shame that would be, I used to see MONSTER bucks in those units. Mostly during elk season of course  :chuckle:

What I do know is the past is the past and for the future to have any chance we need to work together and work towards accurate studies and solutions. I found the study very informative and at the very least will always have a cougar take handy.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]