collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Electronic decoys will be legal again next season? Is this a rumor?  (Read 4997 times)

Offline Badhabit

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
I heard from a friend who heard from a friend that electronic decoys will be legal next year and the goose season will be extended towards the end of Feb. I hope this is true. I'd love to whach and stack geese for an extra month.

Offline HaydenHunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: Electronic decoys will be legal again next season? Is this a rumor?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 06:00:28 PM »
badhabit,

See the Spring Snow Goose thread on this forum and look for the link to the proposals by WA fish and wildlife.  They refer to extended season.  Not sure whether spinning wing decoys will be discussed.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 06:04:33 PM »
I sure hope not, that would get pretty expensive.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 06:09:07 PM »
https://wdfw.wa.gov/about/regulations/2018/wsr_18-03-177.pdf

These were the proposed changes considered this past weekend by the Commission. I see no mention of decoys, so it would be incorrect to state or assume at this time that any change would be made next year.

It was considered in 2011 but denied.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline Bucks2Ducks

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 08:26:22 PM »
A few years ago WDFW let us take a vote to see if it was something that was worth pursuing. It said to legalize electric decoys we would have to either shorten our seasons or limits. WA has one of the longest seasons and highest bag limits for waterfowl in the country.
90% of the days I’m shooting ducks or geese I have wind and wouldn’t waste batteries anyway. I hope things just stay the way they are.
When the buffalo are gone we will hunt mice, for we are hunters and we want our freedom-Sitting Bull

Offline heronblu

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 08:30:12 PM »
A few years ago WDFW let us take a vote to see if it was something that was worth pursuing. It said to legalize electric decoys we would have to either shorten our seasons or limits. WA has one of the longest seasons and highest bag limits for waterfowl in the country.
90% of the days I’m shooting ducks or geese I have wind and wouldn’t waste batteries anyway. I hope things just stay the way they are.

I couldn't agree more. On days where there is no wind it forces me to be creative with jerk lines, more attractive spreads, and better calling. No electronic decoys make me a better hunter.

Offline Gopackers

• Pilgrim
    • N/A
  • Groups: Ducks Unlimited, WWA, TRCP
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 09:24:41 AM »
I heard that the Oregon F & W Department was being pitched on allowing electronic decoys for the 2019 season, so I'm guessing if approved, could at some point bring WA into the fold? I've not seen anything about WA commission considering it, even though our new Waterfowl Director came from Alaska, where they were legal for hunting waterfowl.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 10:24:44 AM »
They did extend the goose seasin into Feb but it costs us other days in the season.

Nothing was mentioned about decoys, and I like the jerk cord/wind duck setups. Seem like batteries fail when it's cold windy duck hunting anyway. 2c

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline AL WORRELLS KID

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Sourdough
  • The Ancient of Days Lives
  • Groups: Washington State Trappers Association
 My favorite day to use a Jerk String Decoy Set Up is on Opening Day of Duck Hunting Season on one of the small "Seep Lakes" near The Potholes Reservoir. After the initial Skybusting is over and the whirlwind of local ducks is still spiraling up high in the sky, my wrist starts moving and so do the Decoys. As soon as they spot the movement below, it's like you had a "Tractor Beam" pointed at the sky. The whole flock heading into the spread feet first!  :tup:
Doug
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 10:12:32 AM by AL WORRELLS KID »
"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom." Theodore Roosevelt

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal