collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Cow tags remain-Colockum  (Read 4324 times)

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
Re: Cow tags remain-Colockum
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2018, 04:10:49 PM »
The way I saw it, they eliminated the 100 cow permits that had been proposed in 328 and 329, but the early archery general season will be open for cows the last six days of the season.

Still have 100 antlerless permits for EF.

Yes I see that. The ones they eliminated from the proposal were the 100 archery permits they had with a season of September 8-20.
They also eliminated 150 modern firearm and 50 muzzy permits if I recall correctly.  Part of the proposal for this year was to eliminate general archery early cow season.  Give out 100 cow permits to archers, increase muzzleloader cows permits by 50 and increase modern cow permits by 150 in GMU 328.  So the traded 300 cow permits for 6 days of OTC archery cow hunting and kept the muzzy and modern cow tags the same.  Now we will have to see if 300 cows get taken in those 6 days.  My guess is no.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 09:18:33 AM by Rainier10 »
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2018, 05:19:51 PM »
The way I saw it, they eliminated the 100 cow permits that had been proposed in 328 and 329, but the early archery general season will be open for cows the last six days of the season.

Still have 100 antlerless permits for EF.

Yes I see that. The ones they eliminated from the proposal were the 100 archery permits they had with a season of September 8-20.
They also eliminated 150 modern firearm permits if I recall correctly.  Part of the proposal for this year was to eliminate general archery early cow season.  Give out 100 cow permits to archers, increase muzzleloader cows permits by 50 and increase modern cow permits by 150 in GMU 328.  So the traded 300 cow permits for 6 days of OTC archery cow hunting and kept the muzzy and modern cow tags the same.  Now we will have to see if 300 cows get taken in those 6 days.  My guess is no.
This is how I understand it as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Buzz2401

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2018, 05:57:14 PM »
300 cows would not have been taken even if they did give out those permits.  Probably less then half that would have been successful.  I wish they would of gave out 300 cow permits to archers then gotten rid of the general antlerless altogether.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal