collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: White River muzzleloader bull elk  (Read 5534 times)

Offline W_Ellison2011

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: White River muzzleloader bull elk
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2018, 10:02:56 PM »
They need to open that area back up! I need to go look for a yogi up there come August!

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2018, 05:11:08 AM »
Don't end up with Bo Bo
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2018, 08:22:41 AM »
Mt. Baker/Snoqualmie NF side is open.  They pulled the closure in March I believe.  Oka-Wen I heard they will pull theirs in May.
Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline W_Ellison2011

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2018, 02:26:58 PM »
I hunt bears on the north side of 410. My main dirt road, 72 rd, I go up to the trail is the beginning of the closed zone! NO BUENO!

Offline scoutdog346

• Longhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2018, 09:22:37 PM »
In some cases its easer to get to good spots of gmu 653 if u come from/start from gmu 346 side.  Go Highway 410 to little Naches Road Drive little Naches Road go until it hits dirt keep left until your GPS says you're pretty close to tr. 2000/PCT get out of your truck and B-Line bust brush through all the way until you hit the Pacific Crest Trail also you can hit tr 2000/PCT by way of the Louisiana saddle tr.  That's what i would do if i had that tag. Stay on the PCT and 346 will be on one side and 653 on the other.  Get on google earth to pin drop good spots, superimpose them to your gps then hike to the pin drops to determine if it looks good to hunt during the season aslo walk back and forth on the PCT  and u will see small Canyons  drop down the Canyons  plant some salt licks  to get the cows coming in  set up some trail cams.  It will blow ur mind how good gmu 653 is.That area is good as hell but its so hard to get the tag! It taks it takes a miracle to get selected for these tags even the NON-quality  bull tag will take a miracle. Go look at the point spread wdfw puts up and you will see how hard it really is to get selected and start thinking about the general season as your hunt.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal