collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Multi Season dilema  (Read 4275 times)

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
Re: Multi Season dilema
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2018, 08:20:00 AM »
The truth is that anyone who is counting on drawing any QUALITY or BULL tag in this state does not have any idea what the draw odds are. It’s probably a good general rule that your odds are 1-2% total...therefore it’s hard to know when your scheduled to draw a tag because it’ll be once every 50-100 years.
So fellow WA elk hunters...it’s best to plan your year around not drawing a tag...because you won’t. Fact. Don’t call me a hater, I’m just trying to help. Have a nice day :hello:
  :yeah:  toss as many darts at the wall as you can and pray that one year something actually sticks
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2018, 09:12:13 AM »
That’s been my technique so far. I’m sticking with it.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Mr Mykiss

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2018, 09:55:03 AM »
“Numbers!!!??? You can’t handle the numbers!!!”

God forbid someone run the numbers on Peaches Ridge rifle this year...with half as many tags...
It is hard to follow one great vision in a world of darkness and of many changing shadows. Among these shadows men get lost.
-Black Elk

Offline funkster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2018, 10:03:03 AM »
Got drawn for MS, YAY. Now I'm wondering if I should put in points option for Quality hunt. Sure I can select a killer muzzy or rifle tag but then won't the MS be just a waste. I know what areas I want to put in for Q & would most likely be successful. But what if I go out on a archery hunt & tag out & now I lost all my points. What have you done?

You've just been handed a hunting gift! One of the beauties of the multi season tag is you can hunt and apply for special hunts on both sides of the mountains. You can also apply for tags in archery, muzzle and modern. This opens up a number of possibilities, probably too many. If you don't get drawn for your quality tag, you still have all the general seasons to hunt, not bound to east/west. The multi season elk tag is fun, just be prepared to spend the time in the field. How many quality points do you have?
If you want to make it,
you can't fake it,
you gotta live it.

"Lynch would serve him up about 5 yards of new-age-football reverse propulsion."- Bullkllr

“Patrick Mahomes is what Seahawks fans think Russell Wilson is.”

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2018, 12:09:43 PM »
I would hunt this year as if you aren’t sure you’ll be able to hunt next year. Put everything you can into 2018.

Next year, you can worry about 2019.

That’s what I do every year.  Every year my hunts end up a little different due to tag draws, weather, days off, fires, etc.... But I seem to enjoy a growing success year after year. 

Offline LongBomb

• Scout
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2018, 09:19:31 AM »
Enjoy the MS tag while you got it and put in for ghosts points. Next year go for the draw.

Offline KNOPHISH

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2018, 11:44:06 AM »
17 Q points this year, cashed in me bull points in 2015 so not applying there. Just traded me East side rifle tag in for the multiseason so I'm committed, I guess I didn't check the dates close enuf to wait till after the draws to buy MS. I AM putting in & not for points. I only had 3 MS points so not a lot invested & adding a Q tag would be huge. Decided that it could be the year my number comes up so don't want to miss it & never know what the future holds for hunting health
I have Man Chit to do

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: Team getsum !
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2018, 12:06:02 PM »
always apply , never ghost quality
My wife told me that I hunt way more than I did when we first got married. I said yeah I know isn't it great !

Offline LongBomb

• Scout
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2018, 02:19:25 PM »
Ok i see your angle. Yeah apply for a good hunt. If you get it either 1) don't archery hunt regular season so your not tempted or 2) hunt the archery season with your camera and bugle (no limit on how many you can shoot with a nikon)

Offline funkster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2018, 09:50:11 AM »
Knophish, you have a healthy amount of points. I think you'll be happy at the end of the season even if you don't draw a quality tag. The MS tag is very fun. I usually hunt archery but after I pulled a multi season tag,  I really started to enjoy muzzle and stuck with it for a few years. Depending on the area, with the MS tag hunting archery and muzzy seasons, you could be hunting rutting bulls for a month  :tup: I'm jealous!
If you want to make it,
you can't fake it,
you gotta live it.

"Lynch would serve him up about 5 yards of new-age-football reverse propulsion."- Bullkllr

Offline KNOPHISH

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2018, 11:22:51 AM »
It's already happening, one of those tags that you think about EVERYDAY until opening day. 4 months & a week to go.    :tup:
I have Man Chit to do

Offline funkster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2018, 12:21:10 PM »
It's already happening, one of those tags that you think about EVERYDAY until opening day. 4 months & a week to go.    :tup:

Awesome! Keep us posted!
If you want to make it,
you can't fake it,
you gotta live it.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan