collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WHICH PACK FOR HUNTING AND HAULING OUT GAME  (Read 7399 times)

Offline dan11011

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Hunter
Re: WHICH PACK FOR HUNTING AND HAULING OUT GAME
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2018, 09:20:05 PM »
Kifaru  :tup:

Offline fisheral87

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Longhunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/home.php
  • Groups: WSCPA, BHA
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2018, 09:24:25 AM »
I agree with Blanchard on the gun bearer. It’s quick to deploy and re-sling and gives me two hands for using Trekking poles, climbing, glassing, or accessing gear I have in my hip or chest pouches. Depending on how you hunt this may not be important and the scabbard might fit your style better.

I think pouches need to be purpose driven. You don’t get purpose with some manufacturers, you get 6x9, 10x10, etc. otherwise a ziplock bag will do just fine.

Al
"Luck is a dividend of sweat, the more you sweat the luckier you get." - Ray Kroc

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2018, 07:36:31 PM »
I disagree with the idea of a Kifaru being too rigid to hunt with. I’ve killed a handful of animals while wearing it. Archery, Muzzleloader, and rifle.

Gun bearer is insanely functional
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline benhuntin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2018, 08:07:27 PM »
Kifaru Reckoning on a 26” UL frame. You have to be a stud to load it and pack it. You will fail before the pack. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2018, 09:19:19 PM »
I disagree with the idea of a Kifaru being too rigid to hunt with. I’ve killed a handful of animals while wearing it. Archery, Muzzleloader, and rifle.

Agreed.  With how efficient their bags compress down it's a non issue.  Mines 8,000 cubic inches but it's as small as I could ever want it if I choose.  Only inches thick and narrower than my shoulders.  Or when needed I can sleep in it lol.  Pretty sure bullblaster has a pic of me doing just that actually  :bdid: :chuckle:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2018, 04:34:01 AM »
I agree with Blanchard on the gun bearer. It’s quick to deploy and re-sling and gives me two hands for using Trekking poles, climbing, glassing, or accessing gear I have in my hip or chest pouches. Depending on how you hunt this may not be important and the scabbard might fit your style better.

I think pouches need to be purpose driven. You don’t get purpose with some manufacturers, you get 6x9, 10x10, etc. otherwise a ziplock bag will do just fine.

Al
X2.
Love my kifaru

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2018, 07:38:47 AM »

Agreed.  With how efficient their bags compress down it's a non issue.  Mines 8,000 cubic inches but it's as small as I could ever want it if I choose.  Only inches thick and narrower than my shoulders.  Or when needed I can sleep in it lol.  Pretty sure bullblaster has a pic of me doing just that actually  :bdid: :chuckle:
I lost he picture.

I will say it helps that you are only 3.7 feet tall so it doesn’t take a huge bag for you to sleep in.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal