collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Idaho OIL  (Read 17879 times)

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Idaho OIL
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2018, 01:36:13 PM »
Results today???

Spring Bear was 7 days later this year and Turkey was 20 days later than in 2017.

With the new admin system, published post by date of June 10, I'd bank on at least another 2-3 week wait.

But, I also wouldn't mind being proven wrong too...

wow Idaho  actually has controlled turkey tags? wth you can shoot 5 where I live usually with one shot :chuckle: Do we really need a limited entry turkey hunt :dunno: Must be managing for really monster birds ha ha. I don't even know why we have a controlled bear hunt but turkeys? I guess some guys are addicted to the draw.  It will be first week of june for results

the only one am aware of is the unit just south of me (so basically meridian)  if it wasn't controlled the Boise river green belt would be a war zone in April and all the birds would be gone in a week since you can basically shoot them form the shoulder of state street. only reason I could ever figure on the controlled turkey.

:tup: ok that one makes some sense!   

Offline andrew_in_idaho

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2018, 07:03:50 AM »
There is also some controlled turkey hunts over on the snake river in eastern Idaho, I think it is a newer growing population of birds over there, as far as unit 38 there are a lot of birds but it would be like unit 39 deer hunting if it weren't controlled. As far as the controlled bear hunts in unit 22,31,32, and 32a those again have to do with relative ease of access from Boise and the fact that that country is so open the bears wouldn't stand a chance if it weren't controlled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline andrew_in_idaho

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2018, 07:08:15 AM »
And I would just hope that they release results by June 10th like they say, bear and turkey results weren't just 7 and 20 days past when they are usually released they were 7 and 20 days past the results deadline published by IDFG. And IDFG didn't even do a press release or anything. Just kept everybody in the dark and wouldn't tell anybody when results would be available. If I weren't an Idaho resident I would be done with IDFG after that incident but it's too much value for me to pass up

Offline elkslayer069

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2018, 07:38:09 AM »
Well keep us posted when they release them
You gonna draw those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Offline idaho guy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2018, 09:47:33 AM »
There is also some controlled turkey hunts over on the snake river in eastern Idaho, I think it is a newer growing population of birds over there, as far as unit 38 there are a lot of birds but it would be like unit 39 deer hunting if it weren't controlled. As far as the controlled bear hunts in unit 22,31,32, and 32a those again have to do with relative ease of access from Boise and the fact that that country is so open the bears wouldn't stand a chance if it weren't controlled

Sent from my iPhone using

I know the reasons they have the bear tag I don’t get why people fall all over each other trying to draw them when a ton of otc tags are excellent and you could fill 2 tags without too much effort. I have been told it’s an excellent hunt but so are a bunch of otc 2 bear areas. If I lived right in the unit or very close I would put in otherwise I will just buy a tag and shoot one in my local area. people putting in for turkey tags other than locals living right in the unit is just ridiculous with all the turkeys we have. It’s just something I don’t personally get but I am starting to believe you could have a draw for anything and a bunch of hunters would jump on it simply because they are addicted to the draw itself and not even considering the hunting opportunity. Either way it doesn’t matter and has no impact on me so I guess I don’t really care. To each his own I just commented because as I said I don’t really get it
Back to topic I think we will have results first week of June. If we don’t I am not going to worry about that either idfg has done more for opportunity for the average hunters than any other state so if they are late on results I don’t care. I will get my goat tag either way wether first part of June or July    :chuckle:

Offline Duckhunter14

• Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF, WSF Life Member, RMGA
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2018, 12:50:23 PM »
And I would just hope that they release results by June 10th like they say, bear and turkey results weren't just 7 and 20 days past when they are usually released they were 7 and 20 days past the results deadline published by IDFG. And IDFG didn't even do a press release or anything. Just kept everybody in the dark and wouldn't tell anybody when results would be available. If I weren't an Idaho resident I would be done with IDFG after that incident but it's too much value for me to pass up

So you're saying I shouldn't bother checking my results 10-15 times a day because its not going to happen anytime soon?  :bash:

The testing of your faith produces perseverance

Elk don't know how many feet a horse has!

Offline benhuntin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2018, 01:10:58 PM »

So you're saying I shouldn't bother checking my results 10-15 times a day because its not going to happen anytime soon?  :bash:

Gotta get your moneys worth. Keep checking.

If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Offline idaho guy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2018, 01:17:15 PM »

Gotta get your moneys worth. Keep checking.

:yeah: that’s half the fun plus somebody has to do it so they can let the rest of us know the instant they are out!

Offline Duckhunter14

• Longhunter
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2018, 01:43:58 PM »
Good point! DNRY...btw  :chuckle:

Offline benhuntin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2018, 09:55:52 AM »
Cmon Idaho.

If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Offline MerriamMagician

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Success is the only option
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2018, 01:08:19 PM »
It would definitely be nice if results were out by this Thursday so I can make a final decision on what I want to put in for Wyoming deer and antelope.  :bash:
Gobblers only, all jakes must walk

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2018, 01:49:48 PM »
It would definitely be nice if results were out by this Thursday so I can make a final decision on what I want to put in for Wyoming deer and antelope.  :bash:
doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about the deer and elk draws.  If this trend continues, the early 39 guys will get like a week to scout before their season opens :chuckle:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline Duckhunter14

• Longhunter
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2018, 02:05:37 PM »
DNRY  :chuckle:

Offline idaho guy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2018, 03:55:48 PM »
DNRY  :chuckle:

:tup:  keep up the good work!  :chuckle:

Offline andrew_in_idaho

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2018, 05:58:37 PM »

I wouldn't bank on it. This new vendor is terrible.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal