collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 4th Annual - 2018 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 25)  (Read 18000 times)

Offline brunjos83

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
    • 2312 95th Pl SE
Re: 4th Annual - 2018 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 25)
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2018, 08:29:47 AM »
From Aidan: I apologize for posting my story so late.
   My experience at Bearpaw Outfitters was amazing. I really enjoyed hunting with Daniel (my guide). He was very patient and gave me lots of tips and advice.
   On our first day out there, we drove out to some private property and got set up in a blind. We saw a big group of jakes and one tom passing right in front of the blind. The tom was tailing way behind the rest of the group. I really wanted to take the shot at one of the bearded jakes but we decided to wait for a tom. The tom was just out of sight and we wanted to see if it would come any closer. So we waited and let the jakes pass. Then we saw the tom again after about thirty minutes. It was alone and walking around a big pile of dead brush. It finally came around right into my line of fire. So I put it in my sights and fired right above it's head. The turkey died almost instantly. It was huge and gorgeous! The beard was about nine inches long.
   I did not have as much luck the second day.  We had been following a group of turkeys for about thirty minutes and found them going up a hill we went to intercept them in the trees. As they were coming up, we saw several toms but most of them were in the middle of the group, we did not want to risk shooting the hens or any other birds. So we waited until we saw the last turkey of the group and it happend to be a tom. I pulled the trigger and nothing happend. It turns out that the safety was not all the way off. I shifted and made a crackling noise and got the tom running away. I had missed my shot.
   Bearpaw outfitters takes very good care of their clients. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They also provide very comfy beds and pillows. The cabins are very neatly kept and the bathroom sink has hot water along with the shower.
   I loved the experience at Bearpaw Outfitters. And I want to hunt with them again.

Online Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
Re: 4th Annual - 2018 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 25)
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2018, 08:48:19 AM »
Congrats Aidan and thanks for the great write up.  I have hunted with Daniel and he is a blast to hunt with.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 04:04:01 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]