collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2018 Rocky Raffle  (Read 8786 times)

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
Re: 2018 Rocky Raffle
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 09:03:05 PM »
Wa wsf didn't contribute to seri Indians in Mexico?

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 09:11:14 PM »
Wa wsf didn't contribute to seri Indians in Mexico?

What are you trying to get at?
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline ramslam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2018, 09:17:06 PM »
Yes, when we’ve sold an auction tag for Tiburon island. Same for Baja. We call that cooperative funding. For those,  90% goes to Seris, WSF 5% and WA WSF 5%. We’ve usually turned right around and taken the 5-10% that we get from those tags and put right back “on the ground”.  We haven’t sold a Tib tag for a few years. 

Last year our  take off the WA rocky raffle was about $7500, although some of that is used for credit card fees.We provided $10,000 in emergency funding due to the change in helicopter vendor after the tragic crash in Garfield County. Quicksilver from Colorado completed the capture but was much more expensive. We provide the added funding so it could go in as planned.

As far as rocky projects, we had a special “Back in Black Butte” fundraiser last year and have a nice warchest to get that herd going again. Challenged OR FNAWS to do the same. Working with bios to clear M Ovi from there and hopefully get that herd turned around.

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2018, 09:24:55 PM »
Yes, when we’ve sold an auction tag for Tiburon island. Same for Baja. We call that cooperative funding. For those,  90% goes to Seris, WSF 5% and WA WSF 5%. We’ve usually turned right around and taken the 5-10% that we get from those tags and put right back “on the ground”.  We haven’t sold a Tib tag for a few years. 

Last year our  take off the WA rocky raffle was about $7500, although some of that is used for credit card fees.We provided $10,000 in emergency funding due to the change in helicopter vendor after the tragic crash in Garfield County. Quicksilver from Colorado completed the capture but was much more expensive. We provide the added funding so it could go in as planned.

As far as rocky projects, we had a special “Back in Black Butte” fundraiser last year and have a nice warchest to get that herd going again. Challenged OR FNAWS to do the same. Working with bios to clear M Ovi from there and hopefully get that herd turned around.
Did you guide any of those hunters in Mexico?

Offline ramslam

• Hunter
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2018, 09:26:07 PM »
Nope, never been.

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2018, 09:27:13 PM »
 But Tucannon outfitters has?

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2018, 09:30:59 PM »
Maybe the WDFW can get Doyle Moss to run it's next raffle.  I would support it, just sayin......

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2018, 09:44:31 PM »
Great info, Ramslam.

I really appreciate all of the time, effort and money you've poured into helping our sheep.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline ramslam

• Hunter
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2018, 11:44:36 AM »
Wanna help Washington Bighorns?  Here you go...

Do you live in Okanogan, Douglas, Grant, Adams, Yakima, Benton, or Franklin counties? If so, we need your help ASAP. Rep. Newhouse (R-Sunnyside) is a co-sponsor on Amendment 106 to the Farm Bill. This amendment: Act (the 2018 “Farm Bill”) requiring the Secretary of Agriculture to:

“…make vacant grazing allotments available to a holder of a grazing permit or lease…if the lands covered by the permit or lease are unusable because of a natural disaster, court-issued injunction, or conflict with wildlife…”

The proposed amendment also restricts court-issued injunctions “enjoining the use of any allotment for which a permit or lease has been issued…unless the Secretary…can make a vacant grazing allotment available to the holder of such permit…”

Further, Amendment 106 considers these actions “categorically excluded” from environmental assessments or environmental impact statement under NEPA. A copy of the proposed amendment is attached.

This amendment will prevent the requirement to complete a new National Environmental Policy (NEPA) domestic grazing allotment with the recent completion of the Risk of Contact for many of our California Bighorn herds in north central Washington.

If you live in one of the aforementioned counties, please go to:

https://newhouse.house.gov/contact

Type in your zip code and strongly encourage him to withdraw Amendment 106. The amendment is bad for bighorn sheep, hunters, sportsmen & women and looks to protect only one family that benefits from public land domestic sheep grazing in Washington. You can also call his Washington, DC office at 202-225-5816.

If you are outside those listed counties, feel free to go to
https://www.house.gov/representati…/find-your-representative

Send a note that hunters and sportsmen & women do not support "Farm Bill 2018 Amendment 106."

Thank you!

Offline Falcon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2018, 02:08:24 PM »
Thanks Glen.   Just sent my email to my rep.   Took less than 5 minutes👍
Cast all your anxiety upon him, for he cares for you.    1 Peter 5:7

Offline Threewolves

• Longhunter
  • USA (R)
  • Groups: VFW, NRA
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2018, 09:05:37 PM »
Is membership in the foundation required or can anyone buy a raffle ticket?
There are only so many sunrises left.

Offline Falcon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2018, 09:28:17 PM »
 No membership required.   Good luck
Cast all your anxiety upon him, for he cares for you.    1 Peter 5:7

Offline nwhunter

• Sourdough
  • nwhunter
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2018, 11:07:44 PM »
Lots of good info and questions here.. Tbar it sounds like you have an axe to grind ...You went from asking some legit questions to almost portraying a scandal and now you want Mossback running the raffle.. I am confused but I am simple minded...

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2018, 06:46:19 AM »
Lots of good info and questions here.. Tbar it sounds like you have an axe to grind ...You went from asking some legit questions to almost portraying a scandal and now you want Mossback running the raffle.. I am confused but I am simple minded...
:yeah: count me as simple minded as well. 
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2018, 06:51:11 AM »
:yeah: count me as simple minded as well.

We have, since November of 2008.
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal