collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Sig Sauer Rifle Scopes?  (Read 8762 times)

Offline WapitiTalk1

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA, US Army (R)
Sig Sauer Rifle Scopes?
« on: May 10, 2018, 08:18:48 AM »
Do you any of you Hunt WA cats have experience with the Sig Sauer rifle scopes?  Particularly, the Whiskey 3 illuminated scopes.  I don't know anybody who has used/owns one so figured I'd reach out to the Hunt WA gang  ;)   
Darton Archery Maverick II
Traditions Vortek StrikeFire Smoke Pole
Weatherby VG-2 Boomstick
"Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions." Patrick F. McManus

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
Re: Sig Sauer Rifle Scopes?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 10:15:02 AM »
I have a buddy that shoots long range competitively (won Best of the West a couple of years ago and won the first season of Long Range Reality on the Sportsman's Channel) that just switched out all of his Nightforces for Sig.  I just ordered the Whiskey 5  5-25x MOA Milling Hunter Illum Reticle , 30mm tube, 52mm obj with LR Turret.  Apparently, it's backorded, but I am expecting it this month.  I know the "word on the street" is that their 2400 Kilo rangefinder is supposed to be the best thing on the market.  I have a buddy that just bought one and we took it out and tested it a little.  Couldn't find anything that it wouldn't range, including trees over 1000 yards away.

:twocents:
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline WapitiTalk1

• Forum Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 10:23:32 AM »
Sweet, thanks for the input PF.  Ya, I'm becoming a fan.  I have their RF's and like it very well.  I ordered one of their lower end scopes (SIG SAUER Whiskey3 3-9x40 in SFP Black Illuminated HellFire QuadPlex Reticle) to put on a new rifle (also ordered/on the way) Savage 110 Lightweight Storm in .223.  I'll do a package gear review when I get it all put together and up and shooting.   
Weatherby VG-2 Boomstick
"Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions." Patrick F. McManus

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 10:24:28 AM »
I run the whiskey 3 4-12 on my Grendel. It is not the illuminated model. It has been a solid scope, tracks very well and held up well. Nice clear optics. They will be my go to cheaper scope now over vortex. The only thing I don't like is the scope is still stiff as heck to adjust the power on the scope. Thought it would break in but still super stiff but as far as quality. Good to go
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline time2hunt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 02:28:05 PM »
Shooting whiskey 3 illuminated hellfire quadplex 2x7 x32 on my AR 300 Blk and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Local 3482

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 02:46:07 PM »
I know the owners of the Long Range Reality show and Carl uses Sig scopes.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline chester

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 04:53:30 PM »
I have that whiskey 3 4-12x40 on my ruger American . Got it for a deal on camofire and it’s been money. Not a thing to complain about.
Dilligaf

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 10:14:22 AM »

That's one of the guys I was talking about.  He was the one that talked me into getting the W5.  Great guys, really know their stuff. :tup: 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 02:05:54 PM »

That's one of the guys I was talking about.  He was the one that talked me into getting the W5.  Great guys, really know their stuff. :tup:

Carl is the man. Brent knows his sh9t too. Excellent shooters. I've been to one of the shoots out of Kettle Falls and it was impressive to say the least.

Offline WapitiTalk1

• Forum Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2018, 02:15:08 PM »
Thanks for chiming in folks.  OK, I received my new rifle (new model for 2018, Savage 110 Lightweight Storm .223 Remington), and, the Sig Sauer Whiskey 3-9X40 illuminated reticle scope last week.  After burning up Friday to drum sand/refinish back deck, and, 1/2 a day of yardwork and honey do's on Saturday.... I "finally" got to mounting the scope and bore sighting the new setup Saturday night.  On to the range on Sunday.  After barrel break in procedures (and tweaking the reticle bit by bit after a few groups at a 50 yard target), I finally got the target moved out to 100 and shown below are my last two groups at 100 yards on a fresh splatter target.  Second group (in the eyeball of the target) was after a few windage/elevation clicks.  I do like the scope very well, and, am really liking the new rifle. 

Weatherby VG-2 Boomstick

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2018, 07:50:46 AM »
Thanks for chiming in folks.  OK, I received my new rifle (new model for 2018, Savage 110 Lightweight Storm .223 Remington), and, the Sig Sauer Whiskey 3-9X40 illuminated reticle scope last week.  After burning up Friday to drum sand/refinish back deck, and, 1/2 a day of yardwork and honey do's on Saturday.... I "finally" got to mounting the scope and bore sighting the new setup Saturday night.  On to the range on Sunday.  After barrel break in procedures (and tweaking the reticle bit by bit after a few groups at a 50 yard target), I finally got the target moved out to 100 and shown below are my last two groups at 100 yards on a fresh splatter target.  Second group (in the eyeball of the target) was after a few windage/elevation clicks.  I do like the scope very well, and, am really liking the new rifle.

Nice  :tup:

Offline TommyH

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 11:18:53 PM »
 :tup: There’s a sale on the wiskey3 3x9x40 for 99$ until the 14th I believe, contemplating on picking one up...
@WapitiTalk1 — how’s it holding up? Is their warranty as good as vortex? Glass quality? I was looking to spend as little as possible on a backup scope for a backup rifle and seen this deal... debating this sig vs. a used nikon... any input is appreciated!

Offline WapitiTalk1

• Forum Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 12:56:32 AM »
TH, I've probably put a couple of boxes (Underwood Ammo) thru the new rifle/scope combo and absolutely love it!  No issues at all.  I think SIG only has a 5 year warranty vs. the Vortex forever warranty but I would imagine if anything was gonna fail on the SIG, the company would cover it.  I think the glass quality is great (obviously, you're not gonna get upper crust scope glass quality on a sub $300 scope) but again, I think it's just fine and dandy!  No complaints by me.  I'm actually chewing over getting a new rifle at some point in the next few months (7MM variation) and I would have no issues slapping another SIG scope on it.  Happy shopping.  RJ
Weatherby VG-2 Boomstick

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2018, 06:37:17 PM »
I have a buddy that shoots long range competitively (won Best of the West a couple of years ago and won the first season of Long Range Reality on the Sportsman's Channel) that just switched out all of his Nightforces for Sig.  I just ordered the Whiskey 5  5-25x MOA Milling Hunter Illum Reticle , 30mm tube, 52mm obj with LR Turret.  Apparently, it's backorded, but I am expecting it this month.  I know the "word on the street" is that their 2400 Kilo rangefinder is supposed to be the best thing on the market.  I have a buddy that just bought one and we took it out and tested it a little.  Couldn't find anything that it wouldn't range, including trees over 1000 yards away.

:twocents:

I know Carl Taylor and Brent Webly too.. The 2 owners. They also own In Motion Targets.. Is that who you're talking' about ?

Offline HookedOnQuack

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2018, 07:28:48 PM »
:tup: There’s a sale on the wiskey3 3x9x40 for 99$ until the 14th I believe, contemplating on picking one up...
@WapitiTalk1 — how’s it holding up? Is their warranty as good as vortex? Glass quality? I was looking to spend as little as possible on a backup scope for a backup rifle and seen this deal... debating this sig vs. a used nikon... any input is appreciated!
where is the sale thru?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand