collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: SilencerCo. Surpressors  (Read 3359 times)

Offline b23

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
Re: SilencerCo. Surpressors
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 11:02:49 PM »
Curious, why would you spend another $200 to change ownership over to a trust?

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2018, 07:10:07 AM »
I got my TRUST for free from my gun lawyer friend..
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline pashok23

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2018, 01:34:20 PM »
Just for the future,to pass it to my kids.

Offline b23

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2018, 02:02:42 PM »
Just for the future,to pass it to my kids.

Willing a suppressor to a family member is relatively simple process and is a free transfer to the beneficiary as he/she is named in your will to get whatever specific NFA items you are passing on to them.

There is nothing wrong with using a Trust, that's what I used but I also had mine setup as well as purchased all my suppressors before 41F was passed so I didn't have to do all the "responsible person" stuff for any and all that I have added to my trust.  It's not a big deal, but now, every single person that is added to a trust that is used to purchase NFA items has to go through all the same paperwork/fingerprint cards/passport photos, as the person creating the trust.  If you Google "41F Responsible Person" you'll find everything you need to know.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/final-rule-41f-background-checks-responsible-persons-effective-july-13

Offline Mongo Hunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Pew Pew lifestyle
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2018, 03:11:15 PM »
Took about 9 months to get mine. so far I like Silencer co.
Vegetarian: Old Indian word for Bad Hunter.

Online Ridgerunner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2018, 03:26:24 PM »
Interesting thread, having just used suppressors for the first time in Africa, I'm curious about getting them hear, I know my kids shot very well with the rifles that had them on them.  I was surprised at how much I enjoyed shooting them as well.

Offline Mongo Hunter

• Longhunter
  • Pew Pew lifestyle
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2018, 08:48:05 AM »
Interesting thread, having just used suppressors for the first time in Africa, I'm curious about getting them hear, I know my kids shot very well with the rifles that had them on them.  I was surprised at how much I enjoyed shooting them as well.

I recently went out with a friend of mine. He had family in from Germany with little to no firearms experience. Silencers were a great way to warm them up to the idea of shooting. It was already hard enough with a language barrier, bringing the muzzle blast and sound down made things easier for sure. We know AR's for example are easy to shoot, but they sound big and powerful. I really wish they would pass the HPA, it would open up more people to shooting I think in a positive way.
Vegetarian: Old Indian word for Bad Hunter.

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2018, 07:05:26 PM »

I recently went out with a friend of mine. He had family in from Germany with little to no firearms experience. Silencers were a great way to warm them up to the idea of shooting. It was already hard enough with a language barrier, bringing the muzzle blast and sound down made things easier for sure. We know AR's for example are easy to shoot, but they sound big and powerful. I really wish they would pass the HPA, it would open up more people to shooting I think in a positive way.
agread
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline time2hunt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
SilencerCo. Surpressors
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2018, 02:58:20 PM »
Still waiting on mine been 3 months so another 4-5 months to go 😞 . I order the omega 300 and sparrow 22. Check out Rainier arms in Auburn they have a great supply and do all the paper for you all you need is two passport pictures and two sets of complete finger prints. If your fire or law enforcement they have a Spec program which is about a 20% discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Local 3482

Offline hunting4sanity

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2018, 03:54:53 PM »
I've used suppressors quite extensively and recommend them to everyone. I wouldn't worry about anything from SilencerCo, great products. I've used their Harvester, Saker, Omega and Sparrow. I've also used cans from Griffin Armament and Thunder Beast. My favorite is the Ultra 7 from Thunder Beast, but shooting rimfire with the Sparrow really amps up the fun too.
Disappointments are inevitable, misery is optional.

Offline jjness11

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: RMEF, Ducks Unlimited, Wildlife Committee of Washington
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2018, 10:27:51 AM »
I have a Gemtech GM-22 and a SilencerCo Omega 300 that I am waiting on. I wanted to do a trust (for my kids and brothers), but the current wait time for a trust is 18 months. It is currently 8 months for an individual (at least that's what I am being told...). I figure that at some point, I will transfer them over to a trust.
One problem with doing a trust, is that every time someone on the trust wants to purchase a NFA item, EVERYONE on the trust must submit another set of passport photos and fingerprint cards.
For anyone wanting to get a NFA item, I would recommend getting an extra set of fingerprint cards and passport photos. I haven't met many people with only one NFA item, and its only a couple extra bucks for two extra sets.

Offline time2hunt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
Local 3482

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal