collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Where all that meat go!!!!!  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Elkcollector82

• Work to live, not live to work.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • Hunt hard by laying boot tracks, Not tire tracks
Where all that meat go!!!!!
« on: May 15, 2018, 10:59:14 AM »
Decided to make this its own thread.

They list the bear parts that are required to be turned in. Pretty sad that meat wasn’t on the list.  Boot hunters allowed to keep one whole bear. Hound hunters can’t keep any, but the meat of ONE bear. Two bears per permit. They say they average 100 bears taken during this time. That’s a lot of wasted meat laying out in the canyon. Guys who put out the supplemental feeder barrels are the same guys running dogs. Hmmmm. That’s a great tactic. Put a few barrels out, get bears in the area. Remove barrels and run dogs. They also claimed that a sow with cubs is recommended not to be taken. Isn’t required to let the sow go. Sounds like  It’s Up to the hunter.

It’s a painful two hours to watch them two stumble and backtrack on everything they say. It’s priceless though when alison asked them why two bears per permit. Anis eyes couldn’t have gotten any bigger.

So them guys (biggest poaching bust in our state)supposedly wasted game meat.  Yet these two yahoo’s (bio’s) state on tv that the bear meat isn’t required to be checked in. So the department ok’s wasting bear meat on a depredation permit? Or where does it goes?

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: Where all that meat go!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 12:20:42 PM »
So as sportsmen we want more opportunities. With less open unrestricted access we need to work with groups like smaller family farms and tree farms for a solution.
It wouldn't hurt to listen to one of the many presentations Ken Miller has given to the WDFW commision.
Politicians AND the commision pay attention to when user groups find a solution for themselves. Combine the fact that sportsmen arnt organized and have small population numbers, working with potential allies could move us in the right direction.

I know many like to beat up on big timber since they are a convient punching bag. They have more influence and ability to make special rules that fit thier situation... they also have the time, capitol and organization that we sportsmen lack. Want to make a difference? It takes time, time that folks from the WFFA are likely to give and engage the hunting community. It would appear that they go to the commision because no hunting groups have teamed up with them. 2c

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 01:42:28 PM »

They list the bear parts that are required to be turned in. Pretty sad that meat wasn’t on the list.  Boot hunters allowed to keep one whole bear. Hound hunters can’t keep any, but the meat of ONE bear. Two bears per permit. They say they average 100 bears taken during this time. That’s a lot of wasted meat laying out in the canyon. Guys who put out the supplemental feeder barrels are the same guys running dogs. Hmmmm. That’s a great tactic. Put a few barrels out, get bears in the area. Remove barrels and run dogs. They also claimed that a sow with cubs is recommended not to be taken. Isn’t required to let the sow go. Sounds like  It’s Up to the hunter.

It’s a painful two hours to watch them two stumble and backtrack on everything they say. It’s priceless though when alison asked them why two bears per permit. Anis eyes couldn’t have gotten any bigger.

So them guys (biggest poaching bust in our state)supposedly wasted game meat.  Yet these two yahoo’s (bio’s) state on tv that the bear meat isn’t required to be checked in. So the department ok’s wasting bear meat on a depredation permit? Or where does it goes?

I've been listening to this interview as I'm working... the flow of the interview makes it hard to follow. Additionally I'm not sure what's up with you tube but this is the second longer interview that has all kinds of pauses/glitches that start and stop  the sound making it near impossible to follow.

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Elkcollector82

• Work to live, not live to work.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • Hunt hard by laying boot tracks, Not tire tracks
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 08:07:03 PM »

I've been listening to this interview as I'm working... the flow of the interview makes it hard to follow. Additionally I'm not sure what's up with you tube but this is the second longer interview that has all kinds of pauses/glitches that start and stop  the sound making it near impossible to follow.

Plays fine on my iPhone. I just search wdfw bear on YouTube and it came up. Might be a better video.

Offline bearbaito6

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 08:50:08 PM »
Meat gets donated to, mission's,  and food banks. Also some tribes take donations

Offline Vine Maples and Cottonwoo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 08:55:31 PM »
Good Interview, good questions and good answers. I thought the interview got better as it progressed. Many answers were positive for our cause. I think the criticisms of the OP are a bit self righteous. By the way, I'm no fan of WDFW in many cases. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal