collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2018 raffle tickets  (Read 9514 times)

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
Re: 2018 raffle tickets
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2018, 05:18:14 PM »
I guess they will sell more tickets and take more money from us. I like seeing how many tickets are sold especially if a whale comes in and blows it up.  :bash:
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Offline gee_unit360

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2018, 06:07:53 PM »
That’s bull crap. WDFW is garbage.

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2018, 06:19:23 PM »
Clearly, they realized reporting the early buy-in by the heavy hitters was discouraging sales. 

It is ALWAYS about the revenue with the WDFW, never forget that.
KABOOM Count - 1

"The ocean is calling, and I must go."

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2018, 06:26:51 PM »
I got on the wdfw website and saw the raffle tickets sales haven’t been updated in two weeks. I emailed  them to see if they would update the ticket sales.  This is there response.

"The raffels will be updated after there deadline..."
And these are supposed to be the highly educated professionals that manage the resource?
KABOOM Count - 1

"The ocean is calling, and I must go."

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2018, 06:27:03 PM »
Id bet that the persom who replied is clueless, and sales will be updated before long.  They usually only update once every 2 or 3 weeks.  That being said, yes, posting updated sales showing whale activity does discourage people from buying, so maybe they have figured that out.  I drew a raffle tag last year, and was going to dump some $$ into it this year, but somebody else went pretty big right off the bat, so i decided not to.  Bought 10 tickets this year is all.  Why go big when odds will be significantly worse than normal?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 06:58:40 PM by Bango skank »

Offline Bango skank

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2018, 06:29:21 PM »
I got on the wdfw website and saw the raffle tickets sales haven’t been updated in two weeks. I emailed  them to see if they would update the ticket sales.  This is there response.

"The raffels will be updated after there deadline..."
And these are supposed to be the highly educated professionals that manage the resource?

I saw that too.  Also "these date," not "this date."  I highly doubt this person knows anything.  Expect an update within a week.

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2018, 11:11:03 PM »
Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on your personal views, WDFW will be involved in a legitimate lawsuit over their raffles. That's a fact. Whether you are a "whale" or an Average Joe, you have the right to know the current sales as per the WDFW "rules" concerning raffles and how and when they will be updated. I'm disgusted WDFW hasn't learned their lesson earlier when "gambling" is involved.........

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2018, 11:20:56 PM »
Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on your personal views, WDFW will be involved in a legitimate lawsuit over their raffles. That's a fact. Whether you are a "whale" or an Average Joe, you have the right to know the current sales as per the WDFW "rules" concerning raffles and how and when they will be updated. I'm disgusted WDFW hasn't learned their lesson earlier when "gambling" is involved.........

+1
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2018, 05:38:30 AM »
Time for some transparency. Now days most info on state computers is subject to public records act
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline B4noon

• Hunter
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2018, 06:49:10 AM »
speaking of public records and tags do the incentive permits for reporting harvest on time even exist.  I have yet to hear of any individual draw an incentive permit and we never hear of any results or reports from wdfw saying the incentive permit drawing has taken place, or hey remember to report your harvest cause bob from wenatchee harvested a nice muley buck with his incentive tag last year curious if these really do exist and if so why its such a hush hush scenario

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2018, 07:15:59 AM »
speaking of public records and tags do the incentive permits for reporting harvest on time even exist.  I have yet to hear of any individual draw an incentive permit and we never hear of any results or reports from wdfw saying the incentive permit drawing has taken place, or hey remember to report your harvest cause bob from wenatchee harvested a nice muley buck with his incentive tag last year curious if these really do exist and if so why its such a hush hush scenario

There have been multiple Incentive Tags reported on this website.  Do a search.
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline jagermiester

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • My family is my life
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2018, 07:22:56 AM »
Odds of drawing are still better than in some regular permit hunts.  I think I may have to buy one

thousand tickets.  :chuckle:

That's kinda how I see it. I figure that being lucky is just that though and I buy one ticket in a couple of categories.
Im a little confused on how it works though. If you draw the North Central big game for example can you hunt from Sept to Dec with a rifle or can you hunt every open season with that specific weapon?
Lead em if they're running.

Offline X-Force

• Solo Hunter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2018, 07:31:02 AM »
Odds of drawing are still better than in some regular permit hunts.  I think I may have to buy one

That's kinda how I see it. I figure that being lucky is just that though and I buy one ticket in a couple of categories.
Im a little confused on how it works though. If you draw the North Central big game for example can you hunt from Sept to Dec with a rifle or can you hunt every open season with that specific weapon?

Rifle, muzzleloader, Bow, crossbow... dont matter. For raffles, incentive tags or oil permits are not weapon specific unless otherwise posted (basically a couple moose permits are Archery or muzzleloader)  and the season for whatever weapon you choose...
People get offended at nothing at all. So, speak your mind and be unapologetic.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2018, 07:33:07 AM »

From the raffle page
If selected, any legal weapon may be used during the hunt.

Offline jagermiester

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • My family is my life
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2018, 07:42:52 AM »

From the raffle page
If selected, any legal weapon may be used during the hunt.

Yeah I've always read it that way as well.
Were I am confused though is that it says " Any 200 series GMU open to deer hunting" Just got me thinking they don't mean the GMU has to be open to deer, to hunt it.

Just seems to good to be true right guys......
Could you imagine any weapon from Sept. to Dec.
Id probably get divorced over the whole thing. I love my wife, I hope I don't win.
Lead em if they're running.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10