collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wyoming opens up Grizz hunting....  (Read 1549 times)

Offline WapitiTalk1

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA, US Army (R)
Darton Archery Maverick II
Traditions Vortek StrikeFire Smoke Pole
Weatherby VG-2 Boomstick
"Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions." Patrick F. McManus

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
Re: Wyoming opens up Grizz hunting....
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 03:08:52 PM »
Nice
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 03:58:23 PM »
Yet another balanced AP article that only quotes the anti-hunting crowd and doesn't list any facts.  Would it have been that hard to pick up the phone, call the bio and get a one-paragraph summary of the facts leading to this decision to pass along to readers?  The way the article reads, they grizzlies are still in big trouble and the state just decided to repeat the activities that put them on the list in the first place.

Anytime an animal is removed from the list, it is like a bad thing anymore.  Everyone should be happy that they are no longer endangered and have a stable population that can support state management.

Offline yakimanoob

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 03:08:53 PM »
Anytime an animal is removed from the list, it is like a bad thing anymore.  Everyone should be happy that they are no longer endangered and have a stable population that can support state management.
:yeah:

It's ludicrous to me that people assume removal from the list is a bad thing.  It's not bad.  It's literally the entire point of conservation to recover the population to the point they no longer need ESA protection. 

Offline optic2

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Groups: 2AF, FPC, GOA, BHA, RMEF
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 03:01:58 AM »
Yet another balanced AP article that only quotes the anti-hunting crowd and doesn't list any facts.  Would it have been that hard to pick up the phone, call the bio and get a one-paragraph summary of the facts leading to this decision to pass along to readers?  The way the article reads, they grizzlies are still in big trouble and the state just decided to repeat the activities that put them on the list in the first place.

We could have as many grizzlies as we do black bears and the Sierra Club would still be against hunting them. They don't look at the ESA as a way to help endangered animals, they look at it as a way to stop hunters and then do everything they can to argue that the animal should still stay on it, regardless of whether it has already reached carrying capacity.

Offline buglebrush

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 03:57:25 AM »
The ESA is simply a tool of control and power.  Kudos to Wyoming!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal