collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Memorial Day Weekend - How will you spend it and honor those deserving  (Read 5742 times)

Offline cavemann

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
There's plenty to debate and bicker about lately, let's take a breath and put it in perspective.  Memorial Day weekend is always a time as a family we take off from sports, events and other distractions and enjoy family time.  Sunday night is usually around a campfire and honoring the spirit of the holiday..  We'll be at Lake Cushman fishing, a little hiking and flying the flag high at our friends cabin. 

To all those who have publicly served and/or served in the military, thank you for your service!!  I'll be tilting a few back in your honor and appreciation.  Enjoy your families this weekend everyone

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
I will be moving into my new house but I also try and do a tribute workout called "Murph"
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline cavemann

• Sourdough
right on, heard that is a tough one...  Good luck Vandeman

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
right on, heard that is a tough one...  Good luck Vandeman

It is but its a lot of fun. Crossfit boxes all over the world do it so its a cool thing to take part in
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline Twispriver

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
I'll have the flag out at my cabin up the Twisp River - it'll be just my bride and I but we'll enjoy an outside fire, reading a book on the back porch and rocking on the porch swing. Maybe even get up a game of horseshoes. Be safe and drive careful.
If you're a Nigerian Prince with an inheritance to share, please call 1-800-Mar-a-Lago now. We're getting desperate here.

Offline kenzmad

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Honor guard, 21 gun salute and the presenting of the flag at my Dads service tomorrow. This weekend is gonna suck for many years to come.
A stranger ain't nothing more than a friend you haven't met yet

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
Honor guard, 21 gun salute and the presenting of the flag at my Dads service tomorrow. This weekend is gonna suck for many years to come.

Sorry to hear. RIP.
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline BD1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough

Sorry for your loss...will be in my thoughts and prayers while I spend the weekend with extended family and most importantly my kids...they are growing up way too fast.

Offline runamuk

• Explorer
I am working a 6 day week will be battling hordes of giant rvs thinking they own the roads the next 2 days :bash:
Sunday I will rest maybe gonwatch some mules. Monday back to the battle to get to work.  Its really kind of a nightmare weekend in my industry. Praying no one starts the mountains on fire.

Offline cavemann

• Sourdough
Kenzmad, sorry for you loss man...

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan

So sorry to hear, kenzmad. May your dad rest in peace. We are indebted for his service to us.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
I'll be working Saturday and Sunday. I visit the Ft. Vancouver National Cemetery each year on Memorial Day and walk the graves for a bit to keep present to the privileges those men and women have secured for me. Never forget.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter
Placed 2 flags on my father-in-law's grave.  He spent time in both the navy and army during WWII.  Thanks for your service, Max.......RIP.
molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline usmc74

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA (Life), RMEF, SAF (Life), American Legion (Life), Master Hunter

Sorry for your loss Ken.  You on an Honor Guard at Tahoma?

I participated in services at 3 cemeteries today (Snoqualmie Valley)

Offline Brushcrawler

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Scout
Murph with a donation to the LT. Michael P. Murphy Memorial Scholarship Foundation.
There is not enough wilderness left in the world, or in the hearts of men.

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA

Sorry to hear, may your Dad rest easy.
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal