collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2018 Bears  (Read 24192 times)

Offline elkrack

• Framer
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Frontiersman
Re: 2018 Bears
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2018, 02:49:40 PM »
Should be a great eater! :tup:
life's tough its tougher if your stupid (john wayne)

If you ain’t first your last☝🏻

Offline csaaphill

• Anti Hunters are weird animals.
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Hunting is non-negotiable it's what I do!
  • Groups: G.O.A., Rocky Mountain ELk Foundation
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2018, 09:34:18 PM »
 :) good nice to see more.
"When my bow falls, so shall the world. When me heart ceases to pump blood to my body, it will all come crashing down. As a hunter, we are bound by duty, nay, bound by our very soul to this world. When a hunter dies we feel it, we sense it, and the world trembles with sorrow. When I die, so shall the world, from the shock of loosing such a great part of ones soul." Ezekiel, Okeanos Hunter

Offline Angry Perch

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2018, 03:19:49 PM »
Finally got my first bear. I figured out the key to bear hunting... Go deer hunting!
Not much of a story. He just happened to be walking down the wrong trail. Gutted him, wiped the milk off his lips, and tossed him in the truck. Canned 8 pints last night, and wow is it delicious. I think I'll shoot a bigger one next time, it's so tasty! :chuckle:

Low T Beta Male
Domesticated simpy city dwelling male

Offline chiwawadan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2018, 03:33:39 PM »
Finally got my first bear. I figured out the key to bear hunting... Go deer hunting!
Not much of a story. He just happened to be walking down the wrong trail. Gutted him, wiped the milk off his lips, and tossed him in the truck. Canned 8 pints last night, and wow is it delicious. I think I'll shoot a bigger one next time, it's so tasty! :chuckle:
Congrats! Looks tasty.

Offline Tiger1358

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2018, 03:48:11 PM »

Yep, a lotta people don't know how good it tastes till they try the fall bear. Congrats

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2018, 04:39:12 PM »
 :tup:

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2018, 04:46:50 PM »

The little ones taste better than the big ones.....keep shooting the little ones.  110 to 200 lbs are tasty.  The big old nasty ones taste fine but they are tougher than tire rubber.  Just my two cents with the bears we have eaten.    :tup: :tup: :tup:

Congrats on a great bear.

Offline Southpole

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2018, 05:45:50 PM »
Any bear taken, even if it’s young/small, is a good bear. One less predator, good job.
$5 is a lot of money if you ain't got it

Offline justyhntr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2018, 07:37:49 PM »

The little ones taste better than the big ones.....keep shooting the little ones.  110 to 200 lbs are tasty.  The big old nasty ones taste fine but they are tougher than tire rubber.  Just my two cents with the bears we have eaten.    :tup: :tup: :tup:

Couldn't agree more jrebel, the 2-4 year olds are the best eating. The wife shot a 10 year old a couple years ago and it was tough, good flavor, just had to cook it in the Instapot in order to eat it.

Congrats to you and your son on the bears, good memories there. Congrats to everyone else on your bears as well.

Offline csaaphill

• Old Salt
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2018, 10:23:02 PM »
:tup:
yeah those pics of meat look good.
"When my bow falls, so shall the world. When me heart ceases to pump blood to my body, it will all come crashing down. As a hunter, we are bound by duty, nay, bound by our very soul to this world. When a hunter dies we feel it, we sense it, and the world trembles with sorrow. When I die, so shall the world, from the shock of loosing such a great part of ones soul." Ezekiel, Okeanos Hunter

Offline Quicksilver

• Tracker
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2018, 07:59:47 AM »
Got my first bear after a long couple of weeks. Missed 2 bears previously and then found out my nightforce scope wasn’t holding zero, one of them was a big boar too. I was hunting my usual hillside when a friend sent me a message in my sat phone saying he’s got a nice bear th next valley over where he was at. Packed my stuff up and made a death march up and out of where I was at and made it over to him in 25min. The bear wasn’t there but knew where he saw him last. About 7min later it pops out at the bottom of a clearing at 500yds. I get setup, get a 8-10mph wind reading. Dial my dope and pulled the trigger. Was able to get back on the scope and see it waddling off in not too much of a hurry. Buddy said I nailed it and the whole side of the bear rippled from the impact. Hiked across the valley and found it balled up in a ditch 30-40yds from where I hit it. Surprised it made it that far...the 300gr bullet made a softball size exit hole right in the armpit. Slinging the 16lb target rifle makes me want to build a lightweight .338 Lapua...don’t exactly want to take it along again but man does it do some damage! Nice sow fat as can be, upper 200lbs for sure. Looked like a barrel with stubs for legs.

Offline frogman338

• Tracker
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2018, 08:20:10 AM »
Got my first bear after a long couple of weeks. Missed 2 bears previously and then found out my nightforce scope wasn’t holding zero, one of them was a big boar too. I was hunting my usual hillside when a friend sent me a message in my sat phone saying he’s got a nice bear th next valley over where he was at. Packed my stuff up and made a death march up and out of where I was at and made it over to him in 25min. The bear wasn’t there but knew where he saw him last. About 7min later it pops out at the bottom of a clearing at 500yds. I get setup, get a 8-10mph wind reading. Dial my dope and pulled the trigger. Was able to get back on the scope and see it waddling off in not too much of a hurry. Buddy said I nailed it and the whole side of the bear rippled from the impact. Hiked across the valley and found it balled up in a ditch 30-40yds from where I hit it. Surprised it made it that far...the 300gr bullet made a softball size exit hole right in the armpit. Slinging the 16lb target rifle makes me want to build a lightweight .338 Lapua...don’t exactly want to take it along again but man does it do some damage! Nice sow fat as can be, upper 200lbs for sure. Looked like a barrel with stubs for legs.

Nice shooting, congrats !

Offline elkrack

• Framer
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2018, 11:02:29 AM »
Nice bear Quick  :tup:
life's tough its tougher if your stupid (john wayne)

If you ain’t first your last☝🏻

Offline predatorG

• Ski Bum
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • BT's are making me crazy
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2018, 12:19:09 AM »
My brothers bear from mid September, forgot to post it up. This is his first archery kill, which is cool because my first archery kill was also a bear.
"All of my best elk hunts are the ones where I come home with a big buck!" -RadSav

Offline csaaphill

• Old Salt
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2018, 12:40:04 AM »
nice bears to both the latest ones,

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 08:16:45 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]