collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Sore feet question  (Read 2780 times)

Offline elkchaser54

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: Sore feet question
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2018, 09:07:28 AM »
Keen boots are the best.  They are $160 on Amazon for a mid but after my feet got ruined from Danners, Rockys and Setters, it's not a hunting company but they make one hell of a boot that stands up to abuse

Offline scoutdog346

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Sore feet question
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 12:11:16 PM »
Swap out with different shoes every other day change your socks halfway through the day change soles. I know this sounds weird but get a pedicure 2 or 3 days before a hunting season. Pedicures work it's embarrassing but it really works
I wasn’t really sure where to post this but my sore feet are negatively effecting my elk hunting prospects soI thought this would be alright. Ill try to keep this short but get everything covered. I got a pair of Lowa Comaino last spring and I am developing some foot pain. I had from spring until hunting season to get them broken in and honestly they felt really good right out of the box.  The problem I’m having is the more I wear them the more my feet hurt.  Lets say I go out one day with a weighted pack and I walk 5 miles my feet feel fine. Even if I do that twice a week they are alright but much more that 2 or 3 days in a row and I feel like ive been walking on boulders barefoot all day.  If I keep pushing I start to get blisters forming in the tops of my toes (usually the middle 3). Flat or steep ground doesn’t seem to make a difference either.  Before I was running Danner high grounds and I could get many more miles out of them before I developed soreness and I NEVER got a blister.  I’ve tried lacing them differently and expensive insoles but that doesn’t seems to help.  Now I’m looking for new boots for this season but I’m a little gun shy because these boots felt great until I spent a lot of time in them and now I don’t know what to do.  I don’t want to spend another several hundred dollars on boots that I can only walk the dog with. 
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]